Quinton “Rampage” Jackson vs. Wanderlei Silva at UFC 93?

Updated: September 24, 2008
rampage_smile

rampage

After is was thought that Quinton “Rampage” Jackson vs. Wanderlei Silva would happen at UFC 92 in November, YahooSports has thrown a wrench in to the situation and is quoting a reliable source, that:

A very good source told me on Tuesday he expects Jackson and Silva to fight Jan. 31 (Super Bowl weekend) in Las Vegas in UFC 93. It’s a very fluid situation, but it’s almost certain it won’t happen in November and it’s very unlikely for December.

1. STEVEO

September 24, 2008 at 1:28 am

I really hope they put a championship fight in there, my guess is whoever wins this is going to do it in the first round via KO so can we at least get a fight that will last klonger than ten seconds. I really dont care for the ppv when they make a three round fight the main event.

2. Jack

September 24, 2008 at 1:40 am

Steveo isn't that the Penn GSP fightcard as well?

3. steve

September 24, 2008 at 3:15 am

Yes Jack that is correct. Same fightcard as Gsp vs Penn 2

And I would order this if it was the main event. I cant wait for this fight. I love to see both of these guys fight. They are never in a boring fight except for when rampage fought Hendo. Not all 5 round fights are fun to watch lol. I remember Sherk vs Florian. I wished that was 3 rounds lol.I agree there should always be a title fight on every UFC card but it shouldnt always be the main event. Like Silva vs Cote. That is not main event material.

4. roy

September 24, 2008 at 3:18 am

thats sucks for ufc 91 it would have been the biggest card ever now it needs another huge fight to bring it back up, ufc 93 will be huge if this fight lands there.i think ufc 92 needs this fight more than both of those cards though.

5. Jack

September 24, 2008 at 3:46 am

I think it would be great if a network picked up mma and had a weekly show like friday night fights. I do not mind the ppv but it is getting ridiculous with the monthly events. I think the ufc should have a monthly show on spike to showcase the up and coming fighters plus it would give the guys a chance to pick up a few more paychecks. Sorry to get off topic I think if Rampage has his head clear by then he should win in a much more aggressive fight than his fight with Forrest.

6. T.R.

September 24, 2008 at 7:19 am

Yes– my wife gets pissed off every month when she gets our cable bill in and there is another ufc ppv on it. Although the ufc is pretty good at giving free fights on spike. I also think that rampage will win this time. The great thing about mma is that it is so unpredictable. Jardine knocks out forrest and beats lidell. And then wandy crushes him. Rampage ko's lidell and then gets beat by forest. Lidell beats wandy in an exciting fight and then gets ko'd by evans. You just never know.

7. Ryan S

September 24, 2008 at 8:40 am

I am still gonna stand by wanderlei. Yeah, you're right T.R., you can kind of gauge things off past experience and skill, but once the cage closes, really anything can happen. GSP and Penn will be fantastic too.

8. T.R.

September 24, 2008 at 9:35 am

yeah, i can't wait for penn and gsp. they are 2 of my favorite fighters. i hope bj wins but i can't say i'll be upset if gsp pulls it out. the first fight was great but since then penn is much more determined and gsp just keeps getting better so fight number 2 should be even better.

9. Scooby-MuFkn-Doo

September 27, 2008 at 3:22 am

T.r lidell got droped by wandi in that fight and wandi did'nt go in for the kill he just stood there, and he already destroyed Rampage (KO'd) twice in pride by putting him through the ropes with some hard-ass knees. I got wandi to win once again. The Winner gets Lidell, Then the winner from that gets a title shot. The winner from Silva(Spider) vs Cote gets the winner from Dean of mean vs B. Vera. Then the winner from here gets the winner from Machota vs T. Silva. Then the winner from that gets the loser from Rashad or forrest. then a title shot. Damn !I should be a Match maker , Looking for work Sho Elite/xc, Afflication,UFC. You can e-mail me @ SHO-UNUFF! who is the baddess!yourmuther.com LOL

10. Ryan S

September 27, 2008 at 3:34 am

Damn scooby, I think you lost me in all that.