Rampage Blames Greg Jackson, Knee Injury In Loss To Rashad Evans

Updated: June 17, 2010
rampage_smile

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton Rampage Jackson bleeps out more excuses for his loss to nemesis Rashad Evans at UFC 114.

“I apologize for the fight not so much because I lost but because of how it went down. I always like to put on exciting fights for the fans but Rashad came out to use that ‘Greg Jackson’ plan: be boring and squeak out a victory. So that bothers me more than the loss. I remember one other thing he was doing – he was punching me in my knee! It was weird because I had suffered a real bad knee injury in camp but we kept it secret, we didn’t say anything about it and we didn’t even tell the UFC. I told my doctor and that was it, he helped me out but I was going to back out of the fight. The only reason I didn’t back out was the fight had been so hyped and I didn’t want to disappoint the fans. Why was he punching me in the knee though? That’s kind of weird – did he find out about the injury? I don’t know. Its weird.” [FightersOnly]

What happened to the “Ring Rust” excuse he was using after the fight.

1. homeboy

June 17, 2010 at 3:53 am

who is typing the stupid end althetime

What happened to the “Ring Rust” excuse he was using after the fight.

its not because its rampage .

2. jay

June 17, 2010 at 5:03 am

This Is Bogus. What is it with rampage first he blames it on the movie and now rashad's antics. Wow its toally ridiculous

3. CobraClutch

June 17, 2010 at 5:11 am

Lame. Just admit ya got worked, and try harder next time.

4. just the truth

June 17, 2010 at 5:53 am

The fight sucked but hey the A-team is the shit a must see!!!!!!!!!!(Rampage won all his fight on the A-team lol)

5. PoppyNick

June 17, 2010 at 5:57 am

I'm actually a fan of Rampage but when you read stuff like this it is just irritating. Man up and admit you lost. Now I would not go as far as my boy CC and say he got worked because he didn't. The only thing I do agree with Rampage about was Rashad's game plan. When you are going to run your mouth like he did and buy a fucking Snuggie because you are going to knock him out then you better man up yourself and keep that fight standing.

6. Jim G

June 17, 2010 at 6:26 am

Fighters only's quote is different (i.e. apologise). Looks like you grabbed this version from CagePotato.

7. dude

June 17, 2010 at 5:21 pm

i know its an excuse but it doesnt make it not true. rashad did fight boring and squeak out the victory. if thats how you have to win then whatever, but i agree with the snuggie comment. that greg jackson strategy is getting old though. as much as i like gsp i miss the way he fought before he was the champ. but im sure id do the same thing

8. Ryan S

June 17, 2010 at 9:17 pm

I don't know, I think this was stupid for Rampage to say, it makes him look bad. Yeah, Rashad's win was boring, but it was still a win. And he was probably punching the knee because he DID find out about the injury. Fighters go after a weak body part all the time. If we let fighters use these things as excuses, it is only a matter of time before they start complaining that the barometric pressure ruined the fight for them, or the location of the big dipper.