Rampage Blogs Again, UFC > Pride, Rashad Still Sucks and more

Updated: September 24, 2009
rampage_smile

rampage_smile

Quinton Rampage Jackson is back blogging just a couple of days after his infamous “I’m quitting fighting” blog. He opens up about comments made by UFC President Dana White, Judging in the UFC, Rashad, Rashad, Rashad and disrespect. The blog is titled “Who’s the baby?”

Make no mistake the UFC treated me a lot better than Pride. If you get hurt in training in a UFC fight then will send you to the best doctors. If you get hurt in a Pride fight most of the time they will tell me “oh you better take care of that!” The UFC will always let you know in a timely matter who you will be fighting & give you enough time to train but with Pride if I knew 4 weeks ahead I would be happy cause most times they just give you a 2 weeks notice. Pride will rip you off on your merchandising but the UFC would find someway to hook you up on merchandising deals. Pride will make fights easier for certain fighters inside the ring (like standing up fights early). With the UFC whatever happens happens. The only thing I see the UFC needs to fix in this area is to get better judges. Ones who know about MMA & not from the boxing world.

More from Rampage after the jump.

The reason why I’m talking about all this is that I feel like this whole situation could have been avoided if UFC would have respected me more & rescheduled the fight about a month or more in my hometown, which I know fights can be rescheduled because of the Matt Hughes & Matt Serra was postponed due to injuries. Instead, Dana went on the internet & started talking bad about my decision. All we had to do was come to a certain type of argreement or understanding, which later came after a lot of trash talk from Dana. My manager flew to Vegas & talked to them & tried to work things out like a MAN. & still I keep quite & I didn’t talk trash back on the internet. The only reason why I’m even talking now is because I feel like I owe my fans an explanation because I am a MAN, a real MAN. Yeah I made good money with the UFC more than Pride, but I made both shows more money than they made me. I didn’t care too much about Pride treating me like crap cause I was an American in a Japanese company. Now in my own country, I feel like I’m being disrepected. Everything is not about how much money you make. You could be the richest man in the world but if nobody repsects you then it don’t mean shit. You can’t buy respect. It should be earned. & thats what I’m all about.

Now Rashad wanna put his two cents in. Rashad remains to be a boy under me. He wins a few fights, and some of them I thought the judges fell asleep during the fight & woke up & saw him playing with his nipples & guessed he won. He knocked Chuck Liddel out when Chuck wasn’t even the same man anymore. & now he thinks he’s on my level. Yeah he talks about how he beat Forrest & I lost. But when I fought Forrest that was the worst Rampage I had ever seen. & I still know in my heart I won that fight. So now he’s Mr. All Cocky & says I got a big mouth & talk a lot of smack. If my memory serves me correctly, he’s the one that got into my face after the Jardine fight & started talking trash when he was the one that was originally supposed to fight me that night, but he told Dana on the phone he didn’t want to fight. He wanted to keep his belt longer. Now, I’m not saying wether or not I would have beaten Machida, but I wouldn’t have went out like a bitch like the way he did. So I’m the one that was looking forward to the Rashad fight the most. I have always been a fighter my whole life. As a kid my family treated me like shit which made me the person who I am today. This is why when I meet people I treat people the way I want to be treated (unless they approach me wrong or piss me off). I grew up thinking that I wasn’t even important to my family which made me not even care about myself. That’s why I can get knee-ed in the face 15 times & come back for more. That’s why I can get my legs seriously hurt in a fight & still try to win. Thats why I can get my ribs broken in a fight & not tap out because my whole life I never thought I mattered to anybody or anybody cared about me. But now I have kids that love me & care about me & I’m not used to people caring about me but it feels good! I’m a very loyal person. Wolves are the most loyal animals on the planet. I was very loyal to the UFC, but now I owe all my loyalty to my kids… the ones who really care for me. The majority of my fights on the street I fought for free & they all were with emotion. I am a fighter, I will always be a fighter but my professional fights that were fought with emotion, I ended them all in devestating fashion. I am the wrong fighter that should fight pissed off professionally. I don’t even consider it fair. So Rashad says he will fight me for free. I will gladly meet him at any gym & fight him just to shut his mouth up. & I mean that for real!

When I told Dana I did not want my belt back & that I just wanted to make money, it was around the time when they gave me Vanderlei & actually it was around the same time when my mind wasn’t right (my mind was at TRUCK status) & that’s the way I felt because I felt I had been robbed out of my belt. After the Jardine fight I did want my belt back because my family was so proud of me when I was champion & I want to make my family proud cause now I finally feel like my family cares about me & they accept me & this is what I’ve been wanting my whole childhood… for my family to like me. If I got to beat some ass for my family to like me, so be it. But now, I’m a grown man & I’ll be damned if anybody disrespects me. I’m not having it, it’s not happening!

1. Oswald Gobblecock

September 24, 2009 at 8:15 am

About Forrest "I still know in my heart I won that fight"

Like Chuck said after his Jardine fight, "I left it to close to complain about the decision" I know from my eyes that Rampage lost that fight, the best scoring he possibly could have gotten was a draw but every judge scored against him so he should stop crying and move on. His rants are coming off like War Machine's cry baby blogs after he was fired. Rampage should be better than this but he's showing his ignorance and is losing alot of peoples respect. I'd like to see him come back but he needs to seek psychiatric help.

2. roy

September 24, 2009 at 8:47 am

the guy needs a hug bad. your right he needs help.

3. JD

September 24, 2009 at 8:57 am

I truly respect Rampage's honesty but I don't believe you have to kick someone ass to receive love from your family. I do believe love is unconditional. That why it was written in the good book that we should become like little children. Because their love is without condition… Everyone should respect Rampage decision because that is his life. He is a champ in heart and like many fighters if he decides to come back in the future he will have loyal fans waiting to greet him at the door. Good luck champ……..

4. dane drebin

September 24, 2009 at 9:57 am

rampage needs to get his mind right he's gone kinda out there it seems

5. Joey

September 24, 2009 at 10:45 am

I agree with him on the judges part. No boxing judges in MMA. It seems like every time there is some decision that is way out there always Cecil Peoples.

I'm reading these long blogs that Rampage is writing and I think he doesn't really know what he wants. But I'm positive he'll fight again.

6. zack

September 24, 2009 at 11:48 am

Rashad Evans vs. Thiago Silva likely for UFC 108

Since Rampage Jackson's shocking retirement earlier this week. Rashad Evans is now likely to fight Thiago Silva in “December or early next year,” according to MMA Fanhouse, possibly at UFC 108 on January 2 in Las Vegas.

September 24, 2009 at 11:58 am

Good call Zach..Silva walked throw Jardine and Silva and Rashed lost to Machida in the first..

8. zack

September 24, 2009 at 12:06 pm

No prob, tom…Just spreading some fight news to my fellow cagetoday bud's.

Yeah, should be good matchup. I would like to see Thiago KO Rashad. But I think Rashad will be too fast for him and come away with the victory.

9. U ALL SUCK

September 24, 2009 at 1:14 pm

Silva will punish rashad, then lose to Machida none of u know MMA u all should stop blogging and go play chess or something. Rampage would beat all 3 of them when he wants to fight he is an animal, the forrest fight was fixed go watch it then compare it to rampages other fights there is a big difference in the way he fought in the forrest fight.

10. dane drebin

September 24, 2009 at 1:32 pm

^ this guys a moron

11. Greggo

September 24, 2009 at 1:55 pm

Ditto on what Dane says!

12. Oswald Gobblecock

September 24, 2009 at 2:15 pm

Ur right, that guy is a moron. Anderson would probably punish Rashad but I don't know why he would think that Machida would beat Anderson. I think it would be an amazing fight but think Silva would pull it off.

13. zack

September 25, 2009 at 12:40 am

Agreed dane, Greggo and Oswald. That guy is a moron and doesn't know shit about MMA. HE needs to quit blogging, he's just making himself look really dumb.

14. zack

September 25, 2009 at 12:51 am

Oswald, we were talking about Thiago Silva fighting Rashad, not Anderson. Thats ok, I can see why you thought we were talkin about Anderson. Too many Silva's out there. LOL.

15. Pea..Tear...Griffin.

September 25, 2009 at 1:05 am

whomever wrote comment #9 about how everybody sucks and doesn't know anything about mma. really just hates himself thats why he feels it's ok to lash out on undeserving people. i would say his parents didnt hug him enough as a child. He has no one who loves him. inside he's still that little child screaming for attention and just wants to be loved.

16. *MMA News*

September 25, 2009 at 1:57 am

Anderson Silva will undergo surgery, Mirko Cro Cop not retiring, TUF rating for episode 2, Wandy's new reality show and more

-UFC middleweight champ Anderson Silva will be sidelined briefly to recover from a surgery to have bone spurs removed from his elbow.

-Despite reports earlier this week that Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic was retiring, Mirko will apparently fight at least one more time, according to reports out of Croatia.

-Ratings for the second episode of The Ultimate Fighter 10 dropped 29 percent to 2.9 million from the series record 4.1 million who tuned in for the TUF 10 debut.

-Former Pride champion and current UFC star Wanderlei Silva is working on a reality show that will follow him as he scouts fighters for his Wand Fight Team. The show will be televised on a yet to be announced network.

-Strikeforce's lightweight champion Josh Thomson recently re-broke his leg while training and will be sidelined until December, when he hopes to fight at a December 19 Showtime-televised Strikeforce event in a rematch with interim title-holder Gilbert Melendez.

17. rhetro

September 25, 2009 at 4:40 am

if rampage says he knows he won that fight against forest then why did he tell everybody in the postfight interview with rogan that forest whooped his ass. and that he got his ass beat

18. fino

September 25, 2009 at 7:52 am

Kind of seems like a UFC ploy to build up a bigger pay day for the eventual fight with Rashad.

19. U ALL SUCK

September 25, 2009 at 11:12 am

NONE OF U KNOW MMA GO WATCH THE FIGHTS THEN BLOG , ANDERSON SILVA IS UNBEATABLE I WAS TALKING ABOUT THIAGO SIVLA, FIGHTING RASHAD. ANDERSON SIVLA IS GOING TO DESTROY VITOR.

20. sy

September 25, 2009 at 11:21 am

for ur information cock suck boy anderson silva has lost 4 times so hows that unbeatable go watch some fights b4 u blog AMATURE

21. U ALL SUCK

September 25, 2009 at 11:25 am

UNBEATABLE IN THE UFC HE HAS MORE SKILLS NOW HE LOST IN THE PAST UNBEATABLE NOW AMATURE

22. U ALL SUCK

September 25, 2009 at 11:28 am

1 OF HIS LOSSES A DQ ANOTHER A DECISION, 2 SUBMISSONS HIS LAST LOSS WAS 2006, BEFORE THAT 2004 SO SAFE TO SAY HE RETIRE UNDEFEATED IN THE UFC

23. sy

September 25, 2009 at 11:29 am

yea bet u was one of the ones who thort chuck was gonna walk thru rampage aswell when he was evidently UNBEATABLE so what happens when anderson finaly looses u gonna jump on brocks nuts or r u already on um

24. U ALL SUCK

September 25, 2009 at 11:31 am

BROCK WILL BE BEAT, NO ONE IS ON HIS NUTS RETARD CHUCK WAS NOT UNBEATABLE BUT ANDERSON IS. BROCK ALREADY LOSS IN THE UFC ANYWAY IDIOT

25. Joe Smith

September 25, 2009 at 4:59 pm

Betcha U ALL SUCK is King Kong.

26. sy

September 25, 2009 at 6:36 pm

now ur contradicting urself saying that a guy is unbeatable who has been beat and now ur saying brock cant be cos he has been beat ur a retard

27. Oswald Gobblecock

September 25, 2009 at 6:48 pm

I guess typing in all caps makes a d-bag feel important. Somebody else shut him up, my zipper’s stuck. lol