Rampage Unretires, Vows To Finish UFC Contract

Updated: December 4, 2009
rashad-evans-rampage-jackson-ufc-96

rashad-evans-rampage-jackson-ufc-96

As the hype of Quinton Rampage Jackson’s feud with Rashad Evans peeks on the final episode of The Ultimate Fighter. Rampage announced via his official website, that he will finish out his current UFC contract before taking on Hollywood.

I wanted to let my fans know that I’m going to come back to the UFC & finish my contract. Not because the haters are talking shit about me being scared of Rashad or Titties or anybody else. I’m coming back for my fans & to shut Rashad’s mouth up & shut Dana’s mouth up. Then after that I’m going back to doing movies & I might do a boxing match once a year just to stay in shape. Hate on dis!

The former UFC light heavyweight champion last fought earlier this year, defeating Keith Jardine via decision at UFC 96.

1. Dane

December 3, 2009 at 7:01 pm

did anyone actually think he was gunna retire?

2. Hall

December 4, 2009 at 12:34 am

I hope Quinton knocks Rashads ass out ,but first I hope Quinton punishes Rashad before knocking him out.

December 4, 2009 at 1:22 am

cant wait to see jackson kncok out rashed..

4. STEVEO

December 4, 2009 at 1:52 am

its amazing that the show paints rampage in such a negative light, but everyone still wants him to win, as do I.

5. Luke

December 4, 2009 at 4:52 am

That's because Rashad acts like a cocky dickhead, Rampage just acts like a child. I hope Rampage knocks him out

6. Duh

December 4, 2009 at 6:19 am

Lets GO Rampage knock rashad the fuck out!

7. Miko

December 4, 2009 at 6:51 am

Come on guys. this isnt TUF SE2.

Rashad isnt like he used to be.

The only time Rashad is cocky is when someone starts with him. Give it a rest

8. Jay

December 4, 2009 at 7:34 am

I think rashad is more well rounded than rampage right now. With how things are going right now for rampage (hollywood, stress with dana and the ufc, personal problems,) I dont think he will beat rashad. Rampage needs to clear his mind and focus on being a fighter like he was back in pride when he was tearing apart people

9. Crynot

December 4, 2009 at 8:13 am

Rashad is faster and lighter on his feet. Unless he gets sloppy and gets caught, I see him winning. I like both fighters, but I think Rashad, with his camp, is the better fighter.

10. Trevor

December 4, 2009 at 11:26 am

I did not know Jackson was an actor, does anyone know any stage or programs he's done. I checked IMDB.com, but found nothing. I've a great deal of respect for people that are brave enough to leave an occupation that they are gifted at and take on something else, not to mention the movie industry that is so highly competitive and cut-throat. I wish him all the best. MMA will lose a fun personality and a good fighter.

11. WHODINI

December 4, 2009 at 2:52 pm

i saw this coming ..just didnt think it would be so soon …..hmm?

12. Dane

December 4, 2009 at 6:37 pm

Lol at rashad and rampage looking the exact same size in this picture even tho rampage has no shoes on, rashad has a full dress suite on, shoes on, longer hair and hasnt just faught a 15 minute fight. but ya whatever…

13. Afraidor Millionerko

December 5, 2009 at 1:54 am

I remember this shot. It was right after Q beat Rashad's nipple pinching Buddy, Jardine. But then, the argument was Q stating he was coming back to get his title. If he does beat Rashad, that leaves a question. Now that Lyoto has that title will Q keep on until he gets it back from whoever has it? I don't think he can just come back and do a 1 and done. It will be like potato chips….can't stop with just one!`(at least I hope)

14. Mikey

December 5, 2009 at 3:08 am

This is Q's last hurrah. Win or lose he doesn't have the desire to get the title back. Machida would pick him apart.

15. Tico

December 5, 2009 at 3:59 am

Good point. Heads not in the game, fights not in the game!

Trevor – I don't think Rampage has ever acted before. His agent probably wants him to capitalize on his new found fame and build on it with movies and TV. I think he'll realize in a year or so that he made an error and come back, it happens to pro athletes all the time. They want to be rappers, movie stars, etc. and by the time they realize its not going to happen or they are in the "B" category, its often time too late…

16. Ryan S

December 5, 2009 at 4:03 am

Wow, I guess I am one of the only people that wants Rashad to win. I think rampage's coaching style shows he doesn't respect any fighter but himself, whereas Rashad really wants to help his guys go as far as possible. Not to mention, Rashad has more tools and is faster and has knockout power. If rampage loses, I think he will fight more to try to prove something

17. NJ-Sal

December 5, 2009 at 4:21 am

Don’t underestimate Rashad. When Rampage is on his game he is a great fighter. I can’t wait to see this one.

Trevor, Rampage has acted in a few movies and TV. Most recent he filmed the A-Team where he plays Mr. T’s old role, 'B.A.' Baracus.

18. hosan