Randy Couture Comments On The Kimbo Slice vs. Seth Petruzelli

Updated: October 6, 2008

Xtreme Couture head coach Shawn Tompkins hosted a viewing party for the Elite XC Heat fight. Xtreme Couture fighters Randy Couture, Sam Stout, John Alessio, Jay Hieron, and Xtreme Couture trainer Ron Frazier all give their analysis on Kimbo’s fight against Seth Petruzelli.

October 6, 2008 at 1:23 am

i agree with randy.. i think this will make kimbo away better MMA fighter..

2. steve

October 6, 2008 at 2:40 am

Agree in fact I said that same thing. He needed to be humbled.

3. Rick

October 6, 2008 at 3:07 am

Steve i am surprised that you even comment on this site anymore since TONG PO owned you the way he did. You not only got owned but he got you pregnant

He branded your butt like that dude did to beecher on OZ.

4. steve

October 6, 2008 at 3:32 am

Not sure what happens on OZ cuz i never watched it but it sound like something u may be in to. He never showed me up just said I was wrong and hurled insults. Thats not how u win arguements. Also why would I stop comenting? I already said that I was fine with it lol. It really doesnt bother me. I think its funny.

5. steve

October 6, 2008 at 3:58 am

Let me guess all these guys are idiots for liking Kimbo right? Huh Tong Po, Dane, Kash, Gobblecocks and anyone else who is talking crap. Hmm would I rather have them agree with me or u guys lets see… Thats right them. Kimbo isnt done in the sport and now he can get better against the competition that he should be fighting against and as he gets experience he can keep moving up in comp. Come on Kimbo is a bad dude still in my opinion.

6. Kimbo fan Club

October 6, 2008 at 4:00 am

Randy Couture, Sam Stout, John Alessio, Jay Hieron, and Xtreme Couture trainer Ron Frazier, steve

Anyone else want to join? Damn girls aint that a bitch. Nice job whoever started the club:)

7. steve

October 6, 2008 at 4:09 am

Wow somebody else agreeing with everytihng I said about kimbo wow no way hmm wait this guy is just a mmanews writer what does he know right? U guys know better then him. Like I said u guys hate on him when u should hate EliteXc Link below

8. The Biz

October 6, 2008 at 4:11 am

Looks like a lot of cauliflower at that party. Who brought the ranch dip over?

I think Randy was at that party just to prove to his wife Kim (who was at the Elite XC fight) that he wasn't out banging any other chicks. He knew Raw Vegas would be there taping.

9. Tong Po

October 6, 2008 at 5:13 am

Steve, wake up loser. This has nothing to do with Kimbo. We all know he's a joke which is why you're compared to him! lol You can make big posts but people still think you're an idiot. You try to talk shit on when other people post cause you think they say something stupid but you always manage to say stupid shit yourself. Then you cry because people make fun of your stupid ass when you were doing the same to someone else! STFU and maybe we won't make you look worse then you already do. Don't ever takl shit on any1 else on this site cause your name is already a joke here and that only took me a day or 2 to do.

10. Tong Po

October 6, 2008 at 5:20 am

I am sick of masterbating to you and your post Steve i am moving on. I already destroyed you the whole time dreaming i was raping your ass like i was in prison than i would let you and kimbo have your turn on me.But now i have already had you and most move on to the next poster who wants to challenge me Dane,Rick,Stevo, well how about all three of you it would not be the first time i took on several guys at once.

11. Oswald Gobblecock

October 6, 2008 at 5:25 am

Wow steve, tryin to be Tong Po now at an attempt to be funny but it didn't work. We have all punked you at some point but it wouldn't happen if you didn't talk shit on others like you're something special when you're just a bitch… plain an simple. We pretty much did make you a joke of this site. I was already clownin you before I saw Tong Po get in it and I'm glad he put you in your place as well. Word is getting out and pretending to be people doesn't save your ass geek. Talking hard online make you feel like a somebody. lol

12. TIM

October 6, 2008 at 5:45 am

WTF!!!!!!!!

13. Tong Po

October 6, 2008 at 6:27 am

you remember oswald at that party with the 25 marines, when you earned your name and served your country by serivceing all those men, they couldn't beleave have you gobbled them all up and everydrop and you have gone by that name ever since.

14. zalbag

October 6, 2008 at 7:51 am

I listen to alot of sports talk radio and they (espn, Fox) have all been saying that the Kimbo fight is the downfall of all of mma. It sucks that these guys who know absolutely nothing about the sport get to tell other people who know nothing about the sport that Kimbo was MMA's biggest star and that because of this fight MMA is all fraudulent. thanks alot Elite XC for setting the sport back a bit we appreciate that!

15. Ryan S

October 6, 2008 at 9:05 am

Wow, Zalbag, I didn't hear that. That kind of sucks that people are saying shit like that. I have to say this. I have had my run ins with Steve before, but him and I never started calling eachother names. In fact I have never called anyone a name on this site. It is pointless. You guys are all going nuts though trying to be the first to call Steve a bitch on each thread. The fact of the matter is, and Steve was right about this, Kimbo does have potential, and he never CREATED his hype. The hype did go to his head though. He does have potential though. He is in very good shape and is strong for his weight class, but as we all know, that's not enough. That's why it is merely potential. If he trains longer and fights guys at his level that AREN'T washed up, he will get better. He will never be at a level like Couture, or Liddell, or Anderson Silva because he got started doing it too late in his life. I haven't actually seen many people say Kimbo kicks ass. Ok, now I'm waiting for the gay jokes from Tong Po.

16. kom34

October 6, 2008 at 9:38 am

i'm glad somebody noticed it dane. it sounded like these guys where kimbo's hate club on the video the way they cheered when he lost. it was kind of crazy i didn't expect the good words after. maybe they just hate him being one of the faces of mma with just 4 fights before that one.

the death of mma…yeah right. shields, razor radick, and carano did the sport well. all three of those fights were good.

17. kom34

October 6, 2008 at 9:44 am

i think these guys are right and kimbo shouldn't have been in main events yet. he needs to fight new commers on his level and work his way up.

18. Oswald Gobblecock

October 6, 2008 at 11:40 am

You remember when steve posed as Tong Po and did another failed joke based off my name which is a joke itself. No laughs again steve! Not like the laughs Po got when he said you were the Kimbo on this site cause you're all talk with no fight and when he compared you to EliteXC because you say you never lose "agruements" (that's his spelling) and EliteXC says Seth Beating Kimbo is like Rocky and it's the great upset in MMA history! You both think something is true because you say it. You're still a joke on this site no matter what you say now.

19. Ryan S

October 6, 2008 at 11:58 am

how exactly do you hear someone laughing?

20. steve

October 6, 2008 at 12:29 pm

u know, your rite. i am sick of getting in these “arguements” and losing. i come back a say i win cause maybe i am like eliteXC and if i keep saying something it might be true. u guys don’t hate me, you hate kimbo and thats not rite.

i can remember a time when i was at the pool and i saw kimbo and i noticed the water glissening all over his body. mmm man it was….. oh…. shit, sorry don’t know where that was going. forget i said anything!

21. Kash

October 6, 2008 at 1:50 pm

Steve I guarantee those guys don't like Kimbo except for the blond guy who is one of his trainers. Like Dane pointed out, you can't cheer when a guy gets KO'd and then say how much you respect him. It's just political.

I wasn't even bashing you, I'm not going to bash anyone who has an opinion different than mine. I just thought that "Kimbo of this site" was funny. He had me rolling.

22. dane drebin

October 6, 2008 at 2:25 pm

its funny how everyone laughed and was cheering when kimbo got owned then in their interviews they are all nice lol

23. steve

October 6, 2008 at 4:30 pm

No it wasnt political. Political means it has something to do with politics and this doesnt. They truey like Kimbo. They were shocked to see what happened and some of the guys did cheer for Seth and dont like Kimbo but as for the people who spoke it was pretty clear they dont think kimbo is bad for the sport and they think he wil get better. I just think it is funny that all I do is state my opinions and people get ass sore about it. Thank You Ryan S for not disagreeing with me cuz u dont like me which is what a lot of the people on this site do. They dont even care the topic just want to say something about my post. It is like I said funny and shows the maturity of half the people on this site. These are the people u call keyboard heros. Badass typers who got mad game lmao. Ryan S doesnt look at who wrote what he reads the shit and no matter who wrote he agrees with what is in the post not who wrote it. Some of u girls just disagree for like no reason like u guys r saying that EVEN AFTER THE GUYS IN THE VIDEO CLEARLY SAID THE LIKE KIMBO that they dont really like him. You just want to argue with me just like u will argue and say kimbo will not get better and that he is a joke just like me. Be real people kimbo would wipe the floor with anyone of u and known of u would even talk crap to his face but u can call him a bitch and a joke. I personally think it is hilarious and just backs up the Keyboard hero posts u guys write. If I havent commented on the post why bring me up? LMAO get me out of ur heads plz… Its a bit creepy lol Tong Po u seem to me like the stalker type the way u bring me up in literally 90% of ur posts. Oswald I know that ur not gonna find anything I say funny as I already said it wasnt really a joke. It was to show how stupid people sound and who posted as me? That is a little bit weird again. Let me guess nobody will say who posted as me. Well either way at least Ryan knows what he is talking about.

24. Dre

October 24, 2008 at 8:41 pm

It was necessary for Kimbo to lose, for his own good. I'm sure he will have a promising career after he takes on fights that any other newcomer would be taking on. They tried to bring him up too fast, for their own greedy causes. Now the pressure is off him(Slice) to remain undefeated, in a sport where no one stays undefeated! He was humbled and took it rather well. He'll be back, and maybe hungrier than before. Now he has something to prove, Can he succeed after a tremendous lost. I think he wil, but i'm not the one fighting!

25. Kimbo Slice

October 25, 2008 at 1:50 am

Kimbo will be fine. He will be back fighting again. He has bigger problems to deal with right now, but once he is back in the ring I am sure he'll be a much better fighter. He may has a lot of frustration built up right now that will come out in the next fight he has — hopefully its not a street fight!

26. Kimbo Slice

October 25, 2008 at 5:10 am

I am Kimbo Slice.

27. Oswald Gobblecock

October 25, 2008 at 6:29 am

I don't think Kimbo will be fine cause now he has to go to another company who won't feed him bums. Maybe if he went to a small company with low level fighters cause that's where he really belongs.

28. zalbag

October 25, 2008 at 10:03 am

Has anyone considered that maybe he just go to boxing no ground game there and the heavyweights are even weaker in boxing than in mma.