Ricardo Arona Signs With M-1

Updated: October 15, 2007

recardo arona

According to MMA Europe, Recardo Arona has signed a four fight contract with M-1 and he could be fighting Fedor Emilianenko as soon as December.

According to “Vale Tudo News”, Brazilian ace Ricardo Arona (13-5-0) announced that he has signed a four fight deal with Russian organization M-1. The opponent(s), due to contractual issues, weren’t revealed. Arona said that he is now focused in his debut, in December. When asked if the first fight would be with Fedor Emilianenko (26-1-0), Ricardo Arona smiled and kept his silence.

Arona has notable wins over Dan Henderson, Wanderlei Silva and Dean Lister. He previously lost by Unanimous Decision to Emilianenko back in 2000, so a rematch makes sense for Emilianenko’s debut M-1.

~UPDATE

Arona Denies signing with M-1:

“I have not signed anything with M-1. I’ve heard rumors about it but no offer to fight against Fedor. To be honest I never heard of this event. I’ve gotten a few offers from the U.S., Canada and Japan, but I’m still weighing in my options before I sign. I’ll probably have a contract to fight in December.”

1. ruskie

October 28, 2007 at 4:20 pm

I'd like to see Arona fight Fedor again…

2. thiago andrade

December 9, 2007 at 1:00 pm

i like arona … him being from the same hometown as me of niteroi in rio de janeiro

i like to see him signing some contract fights with both UFC & M1

3. Jun Da Silva

February 8, 2008 at 9:02 am

I hope Ricardo comes back his fights were always exciting to see and I'm glad he didn't sign with the UFC.

4. rhinox

February 8, 2008 at 9:22 am

He knows where the best heavyweights are heading and a rematch with fedor would be a great fight. I think it has a better chance of happining than the Randy Fedor fight.

5. Janis Zaira

October 10, 2008 at 3:13 pm

Ya urgen peleadores de calidad de Arona, espero firme pronto en Dream o UFC es un gran peleador! y uno de mis favoritos!

6. Morey

October 10, 2008 at 3:39 pm

He is a bad ass fighter. Im glad hes finally going to fight again but I was hoping they would put him in the UFC.