Ronda Rousey: Georges St. Pierre Is Boring, Needs To Step Aside

Updated: January 26, 2012
ronda-rousey

Ronda Rousey is a girl with attitude, a girl that speaks her mind. When asked how she felt about Nick Diaz possible fighting Georges St. Pierre someday:

I think that fighters that just try to win by points and come away with a win are actually bad for the sport. If you never saw MMA before, and you walked in and you saw GSP and Koscheck, and all this jabbing out the whole time, it looks like a boring boxing match. And I don’t think you gain any fans with a fight like that.

And so I really hope that Nick Diaz beats the crap out of him, because Nick Diaz is entertaining, and he’s an entertaining character in general. He might not be popular but I mean I can’t but watch every video he puts out youtube. I think it’s funny as Hell. And every single one of his fights is a brawl. It’s not like a pitter pat match where afterwards he goes “Were friends, were all friends” and then okay let’s go home. I think that’s boring.

GSP was good for the sport for a while. He brought in some big sponsors like Gatorade and UnderArmor. But I think he’s done everything he can in a positive way and he needs to step aside and let Nick Diaz kick his ass.

GSP is a legend in the sport, but do you think Ronda has a valid point?

Now that Brock Lesnar is retired, GSP is the biggest PPV draw in the sport. I doubt he will be looking to hang up the gloves anytime soon.

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cM_mBhpCeY

1. Greg

January 26, 2012 at 1:56 pm

I dig Rousey but that is some stupid shit right there. Also, was I imagining things, or does she not train with Diaz? Or at least has some sort of personal interactions with him? It's not too surprising that her opinion would run this way. Mind you, that makes me more forgiving in a way… of course she's going to align herself with her friends as well she should.

2. Ron Pauly

January 26, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Ronda is friends with Nick, but they don’t train at the same gym. I agree with what Ronda said, this is a professional sport, you have to entertain the fans. GSP takes no chances in his fights, which makes him boring. Go Ronda!

• J_Brennan

January 26, 2012 at 11:47 pm

Agree. Finally somebody put in words what all of these other PC fighters are afraid to say.

3. pauley

January 26, 2012 at 3:46 pm

she's a tough chick but it's pretty easy to talk about people that you're never going to fight. how about beating Miesha Tate first. at least Chael Sonnen talks about the people he's actually going to have to see across from him in the cage.

4. rod

January 26, 2012 at 7:53 pm

I think she is an idiot with a pretty face

• technix

January 26, 2012 at 10:28 pm

I agree.

January 27, 2012 at 4:24 pm

she's getting too big of a head now. somebody should just beat GSP then. nobody has in a long time. make him fight a different game. i think Rousey is good for woman's mma but she needs to slow down a minute. if she gets her ass kicked, she'll be one and done and all her talking didn't mean a damn thing.

• ron shaw

January 27, 2012 at 4:51 pm

the worst part is that he's a female chael sonnen. meaning that as much as she runs her mouth and acts like an ass. she has the athleticism to back it up.

• so damn smart

January 27, 2012 at 8:28 pm

you mean she dumbass

6. ron shaw

January 27, 2012 at 8:56 pm

thank you for filling in a letter mistake. uh, i'm going to go f**k your mother now.