Rory Markham Fought Dan Hardy With Collapsed Lung?

Updated: February 26, 2009
rorymarkham

rorymarkham

Rory Markham’s friend and author of “A Fighters Heart”, Sam Sheridan:

“He had a terrible weight cut in London, and cramped so badly after the weigh-ins that one of his lungs collapsed. He didn’t even know it. He just said he was feeling pretty shitty … After the knock-out, he got x-rayed, and the Doc said “Can I X-ray your chest, it looks weird”?” and Rory said sure, and they said “You have a collapsed lung.”

“The only thing he [Markham] said to me was “That was the worst weight cut I’ve ever done…I know what hell is like.”

“I’m not making excuses for him, and Rory definitely isn’t–he knows it wasn’t his night. Dan Hardy’s a tough guy. But that is some crazy shit. [In my opinion] he’s got to make the switch to 185.” [Underground Forum]

Markham spent two days in London for observation and is on 120 day medical suspension. For more information on a collapsed lung check this out.

TG ‘Fighters Only

1. STEVEO

February 26, 2009 at 6:10 am

pretty sure i never EVER want to fight a guy whos idea of just felling shitty is a collapsed lung. my idea of feeling shitty is like 2 more beers than i should have had last night. Crazy

February 26, 2009 at 10:54 am

badass, but he is lucky that the fight didntgo pass 2 minns

3. Ryan S

February 26, 2009 at 11:17 am

I don't think he was making excuses as much as he was bragging. Who wouldn't brag about that? "And in the blue corner, Rory 'I can fight with one collapsed lung' Markham!!"

4. dane drebin

February 26, 2009 at 11:27 am

jesus maybe he should move up to 185 if hes having that hard fo a time making weight

5. Morey

February 26, 2009 at 2:33 pm

Never heard of cramping causing a collaped lung before….but ok.

6. yikes

February 27, 2009 at 10:14 pm

as a minor fan i expected him to totally own that puss from the uk, I was sad to see him lose. Now after hearing this I know why. boy all the BS the UK guy talked he must feel like a homo after hearing he beat a guy with a collapsed lung