Roy Jones Jr, Disses Dana White On ESPN

Updated: April 20, 2008

Roy Jones Jr. responds to Dana Whites comments, “hes [Dana White] crying back in the corner like a little girl”

Boxing hype at its finest.

1. Every1

April 20, 2008 at 5:07 pm

I don't want to see Silva BOX Roy, I want to see him FIGHT Roy. Lets face it, Roy does have a huge advantage in boxing and obviously Anderson does in MMA but MMA is all around fighting. He's a better fighter then Roy Jones Jr so just boxing him would be a good idea to me.

As far as Dana talkin crap on Floyd, Floyd was the one who opened his mouth first callin MMA fighters boxing rejects like more of them actually started in boxing instead of several other areas of fighting they could have came from so of course Dana's gonna call him out an Floyd pussed out and went to go fake fight in WWE! He knows he'd get killed outside of a boxing ring.

2. Nicks

April 20, 2008 at 7:10 pm

Thats the rub here Roy Jones Jr isn't that dumb that he would jump into the cage. Anderson Silva is probly a good boxer but trying to fight a still dangerous ex-champ like Jones is biting off alot more then he can chew.

Boxing is all punching and looking a Jones buffness and Silva slenderness. I don't see Silva being able to throw the amount that boxers do in a fight. Silva without elbows, knees, kicks, and submissions that leaves a pretty easy target for Jones inside the ring.

April 20, 2008 at 11:43 pm

anderson will killed him in mma in a min but in boxing would be good

4. Morey

April 21, 2008 at 5:28 am

When it first came out I was all for the Silva and Jones boxing match but most of you guys are right, I'm not sure how good of a match up that is. I'm glad he called Dana a hypocrite for not letting Anderson fight because thats what he is. Dana talked about how boxers would get eaten up in the UFC, and he's probably right, but you have to expect the same talk come from the other side.

I hope Jones does fight Calzaghe next, that would be a good fight. As for Mayweather it seems like all he wants to do is get on TV now. I don't think he wants any part of fighters like Cotto who are at the top.

5. whodini

April 21, 2008 at 9:06 pm

if roy got in the cage he .. would look like starnes he would run away and not stand and fight .. thats most of them boxers styles are… punch then run.. so they dont get hit just like hopkins did he didnt want to trade punches

6. Brandon Oliver

May 9, 2008 at 3:22 am

Id have to disagree. I heard sana white say something to the effect of BOXING IS DEAD when in fact its been resurrected by fighters like Floyd, Hatton, Cotto, Margarito, Kelly Pavlik ROy Jones and others. It was all apart of Dana white's plan to outsell boxing and it failed. Dont be caught up so much in the hype of things, but in the reality. Boxing is american tradition and its easy for people to catch onto. People tend more to see the technical skills imposed in boxing more than they do MMA because MMA is still new and doesnt really have that great of a promotional base like boxing does yet. I like both sports, but id prefer boxing anyday.

7. STEVEO

May 9, 2008 at 3:42 am

This is pretty easy to sum up. Silva would destroy Jones in a mma fight. Jones based on muscle mass would prolly hand it to Silva in the ring. What this comes down to more IS DANA SHUTTING HIS FUCKING MOUTH, for a guy who never ever fights he does alot of talking and I am hoping that soon he gets what hes got coming. I like the UFC and his organization but put up or shut up!!! Talking shit about jones, fedor, tito, couture, kimbo, the list goes on and on and all those guys have one thing in common, they would MURDER DANA WHITE.

8. al

May 20, 2008 at 4:09 am

I think first off if boxing is not fighting then neither is mma. 1st off fighting would probablly be with a weapon like a sword or bat and not have rules biteing ect. Last time i checked the ufc has as many rules if not more than boxing. For example no Gis, kneeing a oppenent in the head when on ground, elbows to the back of the head, holding the cage fence, ect. I think boxing Roy would eventully toy with silva in latter rounds. I think Dana white is just another don king dana white is just another topic of what is wrong with mma. the cheap skate pays mma fighters peanuts comparded to what he makes. If you think he is going to take a measly 1 million for a fight wake up and smell the sweat on the octogon mat. At least don king only makes as much as the boxers not 10 times more!!