Mark Hunt’s UFC story has been a phenomenal one. The giant Kiwi...
Rumor: Fedor Emelianenko Offered Four Fight Deal with EliteXC
The website Nokaut is reporting that ProElite Inc. has offered Fedor Emelianenko a four fight deal that could have him fighting on two “Saturday Night Fights” events on CBS.
A reliable source has confirmed ProElite, Inc. has offered Russian heavyweight Fedor Emelianenko (27-1) a four-fight, 18-month contract.
A request for confirmation or comment from Jeremy Lappen, ProElite Head of Fight Operations, has been ignored.
The deal is reported to have Fedor to fight twice on CBS and twice on Pay-Per-View.
The contract calls for Emelianenko’s first two fights in the promotion to broadcast on American television network CBS as a part of the recently inked deal between ProElite and the TV giant.
The final two fights would air on pay-per-view and share proceeds with Emelianenko.
Emelianenko is currently partnered with M-1 Global, an MMA promotion formed solely to stage his fights.
The Junkie has confirmed the deal and found out some more details:
- The contract would run 18 months
- Fedor will likely make $300,000 and $500,000 per fight.
- Fedor will get cut of the two PPV events
- Fedor brother Aleksander Emelianenko, will also get a contract.
- Fedor will be announced as “M-1 Global’s Fedor Emelianenko”
- First fight could be as soon as May 31 on CBS “Saturday Night Fights”