Sean Salmon Fined By The Ohio Athletic Commission For Throwing A Fight

sean_salmon

sean_salmon

Former UFC fighter Sean Salmon gets suspended one year and fined $2,500 by the Ohio Athletic Commission (OAC) for “not fighting to the best of his ability” and “conduct detrimental to the sport”. Salmon’s fine came after he posted a blog on MMAJunkie, where he stated,

“He went for an armbar, I defended it (only to prove to myself that he couldn’t get it), and then I put my arm back in to give him the win so that I could return to England, healthy … Just so you all know, that is the most embarrassing thing that I have ever admitted out loud.”

Sean Salmon lost the fight to Allan Weickert by armbar submission at NAAFS Fight Nite in the Flats 5 on June 6th in Ohio.

Total 0 Votes

Tell us how can we improve this post?

+ = Verify Human or Spambot ?

1. derek

October 20, 2009 at 6:51 am

what an idiot. sean salmon must still be brain damaged after taking that highlight kick to the head from rashad evans years back.

2. Luke

October 20, 2009 at 7:23 am

It's about time. I know Sean was hired by the Wolfslair as a payed training partner for Mike Bisping, Cheick Kongo, and Paul Kelly. But why risk a fine and a ban (which he eventually got) for some money to train.

Oh well i guess the majority of his sparring money has gone on this fine.

3. LordOfWu

October 20, 2009 at 7:35 am

No one should pay this guy to fight in their show ever again after that. I don't see how you ever build that trust back again. I am disgusted.

4. dane drebin

October 20, 2009 at 9:06 am

lol sean salmon's such a turd in every way

5. Al 2.0

October 20, 2009 at 11:04 am

I don't like him, at all, and he would have still lost that fight anyway.

October 20, 2009 at 12:12 pm

gay

7. shawn

October 20, 2009 at 9:55 pm

what a little bitch!!! there's alot of fighters out there that never make it to the big show & here's this ass throwin' fights! dickhead you should be ban for life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!