Silva Tests Houston Alexander And Wins

Updated: November 18, 2007

thigo silva

Houston Alexanders fairy tale ride to the top of the middleweight division gets derailed by the undefeated Brazilian Thiago Silva. Silva took Alexanders stand up away by utilizing the clinch and taking him to the mat, where he was able to gain full mound and pound out Alexander.

If Alexander expects to compete with the best, he better find a good BJJ school and get training.

Silva is undefeated and should now be considered for a title shot.

1. steve

November 18, 2007 at 9:29 am

Now it is Thiago Silva that is going to be tested in his next fight. U dont knw what he will do against a good all around fighter.

2. Joe

November 18, 2007 at 10:15 am

Who's it going to be?….Silva vs Griffin, Shogun, …….?

3. Morey

November 18, 2007 at 10:26 am

Silva and Shogun are training partners so I don't see them being happy against one another. But I could definitely see Griffin vs. Silva and Shogun vs. the other top guy in limbo…Jardine.

4. steve

November 18, 2007 at 11:02 am

I see Silva fighting a B level fighter on the live card and if he wins that they will give him a title contender. just like they were doing with Houston. But houston as we know got beat. So I tihnk they will give him another build up fight. But u never know with how many fighters there are in the LHW division he could fight a huge name fighter.He wont fight Shogun until they no longer train with eachother which wont happen anytime soon.

5. steve

November 18, 2007 at 11:05 am

Everyone hear the news? Dan Henderson vs Anderson Silva set for March.

6. steve

November 18, 2007 at 11:07 am

think Dan is too tough for Anderson. I know anderson is great but I feel Dan is just grit his teeth and swing. He will over power Silva and silva I dont feel can hurt dan like he does everyone else. That being said I think the fight goes 4 Rds. Where Dan will stop him with strikes. I am just glad they are fighting. This is a Blockbuster fight in my opinion and in a true MMA fans mind.

7. Realwun

November 18, 2007 at 11:29 am

I'm really hoping Silva gets to fight Jardine next. They both handle themselves well on the feet and we will probably get to see Jackson guidojuitsu vs. Chute Box jujitsu.

Anderson Silva is in my top 3 P4P so I still think he will win that fight, but I can see it being a trading war, back and forth. Maybe even going the distance. I know Henderson has an iron chin, has Anderson ever bee KO'd?

8. Morey

November 18, 2007 at 12:07 pm

Great fight! Neither guy has been knocked out so its going to be a war. Silva looks unstoppable right now but I hope Henderson wins the belt.

November 18, 2007 at 1:44 pm

Henderson got knock out before and Dan Henderson vs Anderson Silva , would be a badass fight and Silva would take that fight in the 5 round.

10. kom34

November 18, 2007 at 3:59 pm

Who knocked out Henderson? I don't see it on his Sherdog record.

11. Joe

November 18, 2007 at 6:33 pm

Henderson – Silva: I think it'll be a good fight. I'm giving the nod to the Spider.

12. Strunky

November 19, 2007 at 2:51 am

Nice match. Henderson is a war dog who stays tough the whole fight, so I'm interested to see Silva in a grueling, drawn out match. Still pulling for him though.

13. steve

November 19, 2007 at 12:17 pm

nobody has knocked out henderson b4 just to let everyone know.

14. kom34

November 19, 2007 at 2:31 pm

I'm looking foward to that almost as much as a possible Couture vs. Fedor.

15. Joe

November 19, 2007 at 7:35 pm

I think Anderson will give Hendo his first KO, before the 4th round.