Sokoudjou “I’m really sorry” Unofficial Beatdown At DREAM 9

Updated: May 31, 2009
sokoudjou ufc 84

sokoudjou ufc 84

Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou on HDNets Inside MMA:

“There is no bad blood … Actually, [Nortje] is a really cool guy. We met at the bus on the way to the hotel. We were always nice to each other.

“It’s just one of those moments where — you know I lost two fights in a row, and I was in a state where I told myself, ‘There’s no way I can lose this fight.'”

“I got [Nortje] on the ground, just like I thought I would do, and I was pounding and I didn’t want to stop … But I should have stopped.”

“There’s no bad blood. He’s been nice. We’ve run into each other, and every time he’s always been a gentlemen. I feel like a douchebag doing it. I’m really sorry for it.” [MMAjunkie]

After easily getting the TKO victory Jan Nortje at Dream 9 “Super Hulk Tournament”, Sokoudjou refused to stop beating Nortje even as the referee was laying in between the two fighters. Nortje’s camp entered the ring and shuffle ensued between the two camps.

May 31, 2009 at 9:34 am

i loved it.I think Terry was cool for doing it because He was Alot small then his oppent so let him land some extra shoots hahahaha it was funny

2. dane drebin

May 31, 2009 at 9:56 am

i dont really see how hitting someone 8 times after the fight is stopped is cool when the other guy was nothing but nice to you.

3. thedude

May 31, 2009 at 10:15 am

agreed. not good for mma when something like that becomes the main focus of an event. that the type of shit politicians use to get mma banned

May 31, 2009 at 10:41 am

Dude its not good for MMA to put Ppl 100 pounds Bigger then some else now is it.. terry just hit him 4 times after the refe..I thought that shit was funny

5. Karlo

May 31, 2009 at 1:37 pm

I guess, understand, the adrenaline must have gotten to him, all of his latest fights have been utter disappointments, it was do or die

6. dane drebin

May 31, 2009 at 2:13 pm

atleast he didnt get into a monstertruck and run into a buncha people like rampage lol

7. Cobra Clutch

May 31, 2009 at 3:31 pm

I agree with Dane's #2 post (can you believe that? wow.)…It's a punk bitch move to keep hitting someone. I don't care WHAT problems you have. As a professional, you stop when the fight is over. Especially that way. If they were both slugging it out at the end of a round, that's one thing to keep going. However, you already beat the guy and the ref comes in…just stop…what are you trying to prove? If I was big enough and good enough to fight Sokoudjou, I'd keep cranking the arm back until it snapped, then say "oops…I was under a lot of stress…sorry." Sokoudjou is better than that. But he apologized, so until he does something like that again, we have to give him the benefit of the doubt. If he does this again, then he never gets to tap out again, and it should be all bets are off…hahaha.

8. 69insidemytriangle

June 2, 2009 at 6:21 pm

nortgay musta been talkin dat shit to sokojew. sokojew like da predator he dont stop till its done baby. that big hairy goon shoulda neva said dat shit to him.