Strikeforce Challengers series ended in controversial fashion when Billy Evangelista (9-1) was disqualified for kneeing Mike Aina (12-6-1) in the head while he was still down on the mat.
“I feel bad at what happened, but I am definitely planning to protest,’’ Evangelista said. “Nothing I did was on purpose. I thought I had timed the knee perfectly and that he was on his feet when it was delivered.’’
Mike Aina: “No one likes a fight to finish this way. I don’t look at it as a win for me, and he should not look at it as a loss for him. It should have been a no contest.’’
- Mike Aina defeats Billy Evangelista via DQ (Illegal Knee) at 3:40 of R2.
- Sarah Kaufman defeats Miesha Tate via Unanimous Decision. (29-28 x3)
- Lavar Johnson defeats Carl Seumanutafa via KO (Punch) at 0:18 of R1.
- Aaron Rosa defeats Anthony Ruiz via Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 4:29 of R1.
- Bao Quach defeats Tito Jones via Unanimous Decision. (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Spencer Herns defeats Chad Sutton via Majority Decision
- Fabricio Camoes defeats Torrance Taylor via submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 3:21 of R1.
- Thomas Diagne defeats Kaleo Kwan via Unanimous Decision.
- Ben Holscher defeats Cody Cantebury via submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 2:07 of R1.