Strikeforce “Destruction” Josh Thomson vs. Edwards

Updated: November 1, 2008
strikeforce-destruction-poster

Strikeforce “Destruction”
When: November 21, 2008
Where: HP Pavilion in San Jose, California.
Broadcast: Live on HDNet

Cyrillo Padilha vs. Bobby Stack
Zakary Bucia vs. Jaime Rodriguez
Raul Castillo vs. Kurt Osiander
Nik Theotikos vs. Luke Rockhold

1. miko

November 1, 2008 at 1:27 am

Looks like an extended card of UFC prelims.

I hope they can sign some bigger names and get some better production going soon. the sport needs it.

2. zalbag

November 1, 2008 at 1:54 am

I think it is still a good card. It doesnt get that much better than this for strikeforce . Southworth Sobral will be extremely fun.

3. Ryan S

November 1, 2008 at 1:57 am

I hope Babalu picks apart Southworth

4. T.R.

November 1, 2008 at 12:36 pm

I am sure that Frank shamrock will end up fighting again for strikeforce. They already have cung le, that rematch is in the works and it will be great. I'm sure that strike force will do things different than elitexc and be around for a while.

November 2, 2008 at 12:51 am

sick card..i really want to see the main fights

6. derek

November 2, 2008 at 4:42 am

cung le needs to stop making movies and come back to MMA. he still has a good 4 years left. dana white has already stated numerous occassions on video interview that cung le is the ONLY fighter out of strikeforce that he would sign; he has said he was fucking impressed with cung's achievements and style. dana said he would not resign frank shamrock. an anderson silva-cung le would be amazing, since both are so showy. look cung le up on youtube.

7. derek

November 2, 2008 at 4:44 am

i'm also glad that strikeforce picked up the elitexc fighters, except kimbo. kimbo will probably go to japan, where the currrent HW competition is easier and comprised of all freaks (bob sapp, akebono, hong man choi). cro cop-kimbo would be sick. even alistair overeem vs kimbo would make kimbo shit in his pants — all day!

8. steve

November 2, 2008 at 9:06 am

Derek, Overeem is a beast and would make a lot of people what did u say shit there pants. And also Hong Man Choi isnt exactly a push over. Fedor had much more trouble fighting him than he did fighting Tim Sylvia so does that men Sylvia is pathetic? Sylvia beat the hell out of Big Nog and should have stopped him but got caught in a sub. But other then that stuff I agree that its good to see people pick up these fighters. I know UFC is probally gonna end up with some of them just like they did with IFL. Maybe Affliction but seriously the UFC needs competition to make the sport and the UFC cards better. I hope Afflctin puts together a crad with some stars of today and drops some of the stars from mmas past like Rizzo. They can stay on the card just the UNDERcard.

9. dane drebin

November 2, 2008 at 9:14 am

i agree with steve overeem and HMC would be very hard to handle for 90 percent of the heavyweights out there. the thing about HMC is he would never be able to make the 265 weight limit. he will never be anything more than a side show because thats all superheavyweights really are. there just arent enough athletic superheavyweights out there to make their own division.

10. kom34

November 2, 2008 at 10:07 am

good points dane. i really hope they split the hw division because 60 lbs. is a really large margin. randy handled silvia well, so i'm anxious to see how he does against a more athletic big guy.

11. Businessman

November 2, 2008 at 12:39 pm

i don't think he is going to do well at all. Randy has always had trouble with bigger guys that had ground skills. Tim is big and strong but that is his strengths…not his skill. We rarely saw him on the ground and he suffered two of his losses via submission (Mir and Nog) and Randy beat him by taking him down. Stand-up, he had a lot of power but he was not real technical. Lesnar would kill Tim. The main problem with Randy facing Lesnar is that their strengths are the same. I beleive that Lesnar is a better wrestler…but let's just say they are even, with Lernar's size, strength, aggresiveness, and energy, I cant see Randy beating him. I do beleive that Randy overall is a better MMA fighter but Lesnar is way stronger than anyone he has fought. Unless Randy can submit (which I doubt), Lesnar is going to ground and pound him to a stoppage or Lesanr is going to win a decision.

12. zalbag

November 2, 2008 at 5:12 pm

The only things guys the size of hmc are good for are grabbing the attention of non mma fans , and the wrong kind of them. Hes not terrible but hes all size nothing else

13. zalbag

November 2, 2008 at 5:13 pm

I think nog vs lesnar would be super entertaining

14. Jake

November 2, 2008 at 9:50 pm

HMC is a freak show joke just like the rest of the guys Fedor has beat in the last 3 years. Minus Lindland who wasn't the same weight.

15. roy

November 3, 2008 at 3:39 am

you should go watch hung man's fights if you think he is all size and no skills, yes he is freakish but he is a legit kick boxer with wins over some very big names and he would probally beat most of the ufc hw's except for the top few

16. zalbag

November 3, 2008 at 3:54 am

I agree to a point roy. maybe I'm wrong but I've seen two of his kickboxing matches one of them he went for a high kick to the opponents chin and he missed lost his balance and fell over. That is the last thing I remember from hong man choi. Because that image was the last I saw that's how I remeber him. However I think he would prolly beat all but maybe two guys at hw in the ufc. But hw in the ufc is atrocious.

17. zalbag

November 3, 2008 at 4:21 am

I guess I just have always thought of hmc as a kickboxer not an mma guy so he's always looked semi awkward in his only two mma fights.

18. TIM

November 3, 2008 at 4:29 am

Didnt Lesnar beat hong man choi? or am i mistaking him for another guy.

19. roy

November 3, 2008 at 4:30 am

no tim he beat some one else, i would not mind seeing him fight hmc though.

20. TIM

November 3, 2008 at 5:37 am

I think he was suppose to fight him in his first fight and then he got injured and he fought someone else. i could be wrong again.