Strikeforce “Diaz vs Noons 2″ Results LIVE

Updated: October 9, 2010

Nick Diaz of Stockton, CA, will his Strikeforce Welterweight belt against KJ Noons in the main event. In a second world title fight, undefeated Women’s welterweight champion Sarah Kaufman will make the second defense of her 135-pound title against No. 1 contender and Dutch superstar Marloes Coenen.

Fights get underway at 10pm EST live on Showtime.

Main Card

• Nick Diaz vs. KJ Noons [t]
    Result: Nick Diaz defeats KJ Noons via unanimous decision. (48-47, 49-47, 49-46)
  • Gesias “JZ” Cavalcante vs. Josh Thomson
    Result: Josh Thomson defeats Gesias “JZ” Cavalcante via unanimous decision. (29-28 x2, 30-27)
  • Sarah Kaufman vs. Marloes Coenen [t]
    Result: Marloes Coenen defeats Sarah Kaufman via submission (armbar) at 1:59 of R3.
  • Andre Galvao vs. Tyron Woodley
    Result: Tyron Woodley defeats Andre Galvao via KO (strikes) at 1:28 of R1.

Preliminary Card

• David Marshall vs. James Terry
    Result: James Terry defeats David Marshall via unanimous decision. (30-27 x2, 30-26)
  • Ron Keslar vs. Josh McDonald
    Result: Josh McDonald defeats Ron Keslar via unanimous decision. (29-28 x3)
  • Jess Bouscal vs. Luis Mendoza
    Result: Jess Bouscal defeats Luis Mendoza via submission (arm triangle) at 3:00 of R2.

1. Tico

October 10, 2010 at 12:50 am

Ladies Match was the fight of the night. Nothing really that exciting. Noons was not in Diaz's class and Diaz is really not that great. I don't think he's on GH Mac, his chin does seem oddly long but his physique is pretty scrawny and GH tends to bring out the muscles…

2. 10001110101

October 10, 2010 at 6:26 am

Not in Diaz's class eh?When was the last time anyone stood toe to toe and banged it out with Diaz for five full rounds?

3. Tico

October 10, 2010 at 6:50 am

You mean like when Diego Sanchez cleaned his clock?

Like that?

Is that what you mean 10001110101?

4. Mac

October 10, 2010 at 6:54 am

Back in the UFC

Right you are Tico, but I think what 10001110101 means, is who in the Minors can stand and bang with Diaz?

5. RJ

October 10, 2010 at 7:26 am

Tico – they were actually pretty good except for the Galvao/Woodley match. I am not sure why you would not give any credit to the fighters and Strikeforce for the other three fights.

I don't understand this minor / major league crap. These are not leagues. The UFC is most successful org but there is no major / minor leagues. They are all professional fighters. If you want to say that there is nobody that can beat him, outside of the UFC, I would agree but stop the nut riding.

6. 10001110101

October 10, 2010 at 8:41 am

Pretty defensive there Tico. Very reminiscant of a "former" poster that everyoe on here loves to hate.

You're going to bring up a fight from FIVE years ago? Ok I guess I didn't put any time constraints on it so you got me except regardless of who cleaned who's clock, it didn't go five rounds, did it?

And yes, Mac has it right, I meant in the bush leagues.

I dont think Nick would do all that well in the UFC.

7. Tico

October 10, 2010 at 8:45 am

What's "Nut Riding"?

8. Timmie

October 10, 2010 at 9:07 am

Well, I've got to disagree there RJ.

When the UFC dismisses Fighters, they do down to SF in order to one day make it back up to the UFC. You never hear Strike Force Fighters getting booted and joining the UFC in order to get back to SF.

9. hosan

October 10, 2010 at 10:08 am

strange i kinda feel like the card was short. Are all sf cards that small? i haven't really payed attention before but now that i think about it all the sf that i've watched have had 4 fight main cards and i don't even know how to watch the prelims short of being there.

The noons/diaz fight was actually kinda boring to me. And i dont know if compustrike is correct cuz it looked like noons whiffed a lot more shots that he landed. maybe all those rabbit punches in the clinch mad up for it.

10. RJ

October 11, 2010 at 9:22 am

Timmie I would agree with your post but don't forget that some fighters have not signed with the UFC because THEY did not want to (and I am not just talking about Fedor- you have other guys like Frank Shamrock that refused to sign with the UFC), you have guys that get kicked out of the UFC for something other than that they suck, like Paul Daley…so really it is not a major versus minor because in a true major versus minor, like MLB, I guarantee that 100% of the minor would rather be in MLB where in this case, not all SF, Dream, Sengoku fighters want to be in the UFC.

Hosan there usually is only 4 fights but since they are free, depending on your cable/satellite package, then you cant bitch about it. Let me see – 4 fights for free or $50.00 for PPV and getting 6 fights: I'll take the 4 and be happy about it any day of the week.

I don't understand why many of you guys watch SF, if they are minor leagues and all you guys do is bitch about their events- then dont watch. I don't watch minor league baseball, why- because it is boring to me. It really seems like you are guys are UFC and not MMA fans, which is fine but it is not doing MMA any favors with you guys putting down the other orgs.

Tico- nut riding, hugging nuts, sitting on nuts – all the same thing…It is messed up when obvious shit has to be explained.

11. Tico

October 11, 2010 at 9:48 am

We are all MMA fans here, but let's be clear about the levels.

Forgive me for not following your fetish with nuts, perhaps instead try using big boy words.

12. Timmie

October 11, 2010 at 9:58 am

"it is not doing MMA any favors with yoiu guys putting down the other orgs"

WHO IS THIS CHICK?

Settle down Regina Joe, MMA is just fine with guys discussing the sport, the big leagues and the littles. If this is upsetting you then Cage Today might be too rough for you Regina…try Sher Dog instead, it's more your speed.

13. 10001110101

October 11, 2010 at 10:38 am

LOL@ Timmie:

ahhh sherdog that wonderful place where the members of 2005 and earlier are driven nuts by the herds of retards that have joined in recent years and screaming shit like, "WAR BROCK" "YEAHHHH NO ONE WILL SURVIVE THE BROCKTAGON!!!! UGGGHHHH!!!!"

Unintentional comedians, FTW :)

14. Ryan S

October 11, 2010 at 11:02 am

Tico if you have never heard those terms, where have you been, man? People throw that shit around more than monkeys throw poo. But seriously, people say them all the time and I agree, it is stupid.

15. Cletus

October 11, 2010 at 11:36 am

WTF Guys,

If RJ likes men's Nuts then that's his perogative.

So he's obsessed with men's testicles, so what?

I like vagina, he likes balls, big deal.

Leave RJ alone, it's not that important that he loves talking about testicles.

RJ,

Ignore these guys and their homophobic banter, you love men's nuts and that's OK. You keep refering to them in odd phrases and we'll not rip on you for loving men's genitals.

16. RJ

October 11, 2010 at 12:45 pm

I didn't know that we had to rank them in levels, Tico. Who you trying to be, Joe Rogan? Timmie- did it take you all evening to think of regina? That was really funny and impressive.

I was not upset by anyone's post, I am discussing like everyone else. it looks like you are the one that is getting offended that someone has a different opinion is not agreeing with you. Grow up

17. Ryan S

October 11, 2010 at 9:21 pm

If UFC is the majors, and Strikeforce and Sengoku and the others are minors, where is WEC? Because for the weight classes that UFC doesn't have, the fighters are awesome.

18. Businessman

October 11, 2010 at 9:54 pm

Will all of you stop the "nut hugging", comparing the "levels", and the "regina" – stop the drama and just debate the issue. Was this a good show. At first, knowing that Elite XC has an affiliation with SF, I was not looking forward to SF but most of their shows have been pretty good. They have had some duds but everyone, including the UFC has. While there is no comparison with the UFC, SF has brought us some interesting fighters, fights and shows. So let me ask you, did you guys like the fights, why or why not – that is how you debate!

19. Dick Richard

October 11, 2010 at 11:07 pm

You forgot to add your opinion on the bout, in order to debate or discuss, first you must submit an opinion.

I like that there was a Ladies Bout and I salute SF for holding them. I agree with Tico that it was the best bout of the event and the Tavern I was in really got into it.

StrikeForce is doing a very good job!

20. STEVEO

October 12, 2010 at 3:33 am

weak, main event was a pillow fight and maybe kj noons should get a hiarcut so he doesnt have to focus more of keeping his hair out of his face and not whiff on 700 punches

21. STEVEO

October 12, 2010 at 3:53 am

and if were arguing the big vs. little league, I don't care but Diaz a champion and one of the faces of a franchise just got a whopping 50K for his fight, in the ufc he would have gotten a bigger bonus than that, so if your arguing league then its not even close. And as far as entertainment value I would say that WEC and Bellator are consistently better cards than strikefarce, who are you going to fight next melendez after you dump thomson again, nobody, cause thats whose left, nobody.

22. Dick Richard

October 12, 2010 at 5:05 am

WEC is essentially UFC, White promotes all their cards, they might as well just merge.

And of course SF and Dream are higher than say F1, which in turn is higher than Shark, etc.

23. jbug

October 12, 2010 at 7:35 am

i thought all the fights were good.. while i do agree that some of the sf fighters (some) are not on the same level as ufc, but i do enjoy most of the sf cards and do look forward to them because they are free…

24. STEVEO

October 12, 2010 at 7:45 am

well played free is always nice, i just wish fedor and overeem would fight a little more often