Strikeforce: Fabricio Werdum vs Andrei Arlovski Possible

Updated: December 14, 2009
arlovski_vs_werdum_70

arlovski_vs_werdum_70

Fabricio Werdum talks with the Brazilian news site Tatame,

“I must fight in February or March, and I imagine that it could be against (Andrei) Arlovski … I lost to him by 2×1, it was an ugly fight, nobody liked, but I never choose opponents, I can fight anyone, but then I wanna fight Fedor”

With two strait wins in Strikeforce, Fabricio Werdum is looking to get back a previous loss to the former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei “The Pitbull” Arlovski back at UFC 70.

December 14, 2009 at 4:35 am

i hope AA knocks him out..

i want AA to get the rematch with Fador and Knck fador out..lol

2. Shogun of Harlem

December 14, 2009 at 5:35 am

I dont know what happened to AA, but after he lost to Tim Silvia he kind of lost his spark.

He is not as exciting to watch like he used to be. He is not as aggressive i think.

3. Luke

December 14, 2009 at 7:44 am

I was at the MEN arena for the 1st fight. Neither of these fighter were willing to engage for the hole 3 rounds. It was 1 of those fights when we expected something special, but were treated to quite a lackluster affair.

I understand why Strikeforce would make this match. 2 well known, respected Heavyweights. If Werdum can win i think it puts him in the right place for a shot at either Fedor or Overeem. Big Foot Silva is a great fighter but doesn't have the name value of Arlovski.

4. Tim

December 14, 2009 at 10:27 am

Interesting, winner gets Fedor next year i assume.

5. CHAD

December 14, 2009 at 11:09 pm

AA has been workin his ASS OFF with Greg Jackson ! Its about freakin time he get's a fight, that whole Bret Rodgers fight was stupid…i think the Fedor knockout was still in the back of his mind. Rogers was the wrong fighter to take on right after he fought Fedor. I might add that he did GREAT against Fedor. Im a HUGE fan of AA and cant wait to see him KO Werdum which i really think he will.

6. Dane

December 15, 2009 at 12:01 am

didnt arlovki just train with greg jackson for like a week? is he really training there full time now?