Strikeforce “Fedor vs Rogers” Results LIVE

fedor emelienko vs brett rogers

fedor emelienko vs brett rogers

Strikeforce “Fedor vs Rogers” – Nov. 7 from the Sears Centre Arena in Chicago, IL. “The Last Emperor” Fedor Emelianenko (30-1) takes on undefeated Brett Rogers (10-0) in the nights main event. Also, Jake Shields will take on Jason Mayhem Miller for the vacated Strikeforce middleweight belt.

The CBS broadcast starts at 9:00 PM EST (Prelims start around at 7:00 PM EST)

MAIN CARD

• Fedor Emelianenko vs. Brett Rogers
    Results: Fedor Emelianenko defeats Brett Rogers via KO (Punch) at 1:48 of R2.
  • Jason “Mayhem” Miller vs. Jake Shields [t]
    Results: Jake Shields defeats Jason “Mayhem” Miller via Unanimous Decision. (48-47, 49-46 x2)
  • Gegard Mousasi vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou
    Results: Gegard Mousasi defeats Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou via TKO (Strikes) at 3:43 of R2.
  • Antonio Silva vs. Fabricio Werdum
  • Results: Fabricio Werdum defeats Antonio Silva via Unanimous Decision. (29-28 x3)

Follow CageToday.com on Twitter: twitter.com/cagetoday

PRELIMINARY CARD

• Marloes Coenen vs. Roxanne Modaferri
    Results: Marlos Coenen defeats Roxanne Modafferi via Submission (Armbar) at 1:03 of R1.
  • Deray Davis vs. Mark Miller
    Results:
  • Jeff Curran vs. Sam Thao
    Results: Jeff Curran defeats Dustin Neace via Submission (Rib Injury) at 1:39 of R1.
  • John Kolosci vs. Shamar Bailey
    Results: Shamar Bailey defeats John Kolosci via Unanimous Decision. (29-27, 29-27, 29-27)
  • Louis Taylor vs. Nate Moore
    Results: Nate Moore defeats Louis Taylor via Submission (Strikes) at 3:24 of R2.
  • Jonatas Novaes vs. Christian Uflacker
    Results: Christian Uflacker defeats Jonatas Novaes via Unanimous Decision. (29-26, 30-25, 30-25)

EVENT NOTES

• Strikeforce officially announces Cung Le vs. Scott Smith during tonights event.
  • Strikeforce announces that the event is sold out with an attendance of 14,555
  • Deray Davis vs. Mark Miller fight was skipped to make time for the live CBS card.
  • A first look at EA MMA 2010 was debuted. Video can be seen below. Props: UrDirt

1. CagE

Wierdum

3. Tim

November 7, 2009 at 1:18 pm

Rogers, Mayhem…

4. WAR SHOGUN

November 7, 2009 at 1:44 pm

Fucking Jake Shields what a coward… this is MMA not Jujitsu, I like the ground aspect of MMA but shields dosent even try to stand up or nothing he just shoots.

5. mikem

November 7, 2009 at 2:21 pm

Fedor wins again but didnt look great. not impressed, he can be beat. Lesnar would pound him out!!!!

6. Tim

November 7, 2009 at 2:22 pm

Damn Fedor, the man is good but he got his ass BEAT or should i say Face from what i hear its a bloody mess. I think most predicted Fedor would win as Rogers is a no name but i really thought he had a chance. Bottom line someone the size of Rogers but with overall better athletic ability and wrestling skills would dominate Fedor, AKA LESNAR, CARWIN, VELASQUEZ. Since none of them will ever face him unless Fedor comes to the UFC, i wonder who is next obviously there isnt anyone Strikforce has that would even be a challenge to Fedor so it looks like more pushovers…i seriously am hoping that deep down Fedor is just trying to get some feel and used to the CAGE than sign with the UFC in a year…i doubt it cause he is a pussy and likes to dodge competition as you can clearly see the type of fighter that would give him problems. Fedor is damn good but his only way to defeat is through the UFC HWGHTS and that wont happen.

7. steve

November 7, 2009 at 2:31 pm

Fedor is king still. This guy never fails to impress. The most powerful puncher in mma and he is 232 lbs. Rogers has some serious power though. As we already knew. On the Jake Shields subject. He is not a fighter. He isnt even a true mma fighter. He is wrestler with decent bjj. He had all the positions and was really never even close to finishing the fight. Mayhem took his back and ran out of time. Jake was SO saved by the bell. Shields won rd 4 and he didnt even throw a punch or do ANY damage. This is why he isnt in the UFC. Werdum looked bad and good. Cardio was good but when Big Foot had a full tank he was getting beat up. Mousasi survived the storm and prevailed like he was suppose to. I was impressed by Soku though. He put up a good fight.

ps I love how Tim (Lesnars biggest fan=anti fedor) picked rogers to win.

8. mikem

November 7, 2009 at 2:33 pm

well tim if fedor wants to come to the UFC he better get rid of that pudgy belly and get down to 205LBS. If Lesnar ever had him down like Rogers did he wouldnt be getting up.

9. WAR SHOGUN

November 7, 2009 at 2:39 pm

Lesnar would literally kill Fedor and he knows it (waiting for Gaydor nuthuggers to bash me)… that's why hes on strikeforce, Roger did well but he was scared. And steve I completely agree with you on Jake, he is a bitch, does he even know what mma is?

10. T.R.

November 7, 2009 at 2:40 pm

I was more impressed with rogers than anyone tonight.

He's classy. He didn't bitch after the fight but just wanted to fight again. I like that.

Fedor hits freaking hard.

I can't wait for someone to punish shields.

11. mikem

November 7, 2009 at 2:42 pm

sure Jake is a bitch but he did what he needed to win. Im more disapointed with MayheM. he continually gave up his back and seemed to be waiting for shields to run out of gas instead of pushing the fight. the fight was there for him he just didnt grab it.

12. Aldo Raine

November 7, 2009 at 2:42 pm

I picked Fedor to win. I thought Fedor would be able to get him on the ground and do his armbar like he does so well…….Being that said I saw everything I needed to see that I'm convinced for sure that Lesnar would kill Fedor. Fedor did show some times when he was getting pushed around in the clinch and Rodgers was able to get out from underneath Fedor. Fedor's good he adapted and won the fight but theres no way that shit is going to work on Brock. He's too big man. The way Brock was able to hold on to mir by the neck so tight he couldn't move. No way Fedor could beat Brock. Like Mir said before UFC 100…."If brock wants to take me down he's gonna take me down…..He's 285 pounds." Fedor would get taken down and Brock would be to strong. Good fight for Fedor though. I'm not a Rodgers fan I think he's one dimensional and it looked like he was woried about a take down and clinch from Fedor. Fedor is more skilled than him….suprised Roders lasted that long. I do however think Rodgers is better than Barnett for Fedor. I still stand by my statement that Barnett is not that good and who has he really fough in the last 3 years.

13. CagE

November 7, 2009 at 2:53 pm

Jake Shields did what he had to do to win. Mayhem came out looking like a winner, he hung with Shields on the ground and almost submitted him in the third.

WAR MOUSASI

14. iapodaca

November 7, 2009 at 2:58 pm

You UFC nuthuggers are the best source of entertainment Borck is a cheerleader he hasnt done anything he danas puppet for the week and you guys are the brain ded retards that suck in every word he breaths, dana could come in tomorrow morning and say Bob Sap is the worlds greatest HW fighter and you would believe him. Fedor is The worlds greatist fighter, hes been a judo world champ, sambo, and in mixed martail arts he has held the belt in every organization hes been in then you got brock lesnar what has he accomplished he went to college ohhh boy so have millions of others he was a good wrestler big deal theres hundreds of other actors and then he had a few wins in the UFC with a weak HW division to win the belt you wanna say this division isnt weak answer me this why has he had 5 fights and already had 1 rematch? answer cause thers no one else to fight. why? cause the UFC hw division is weak thats why randy came out of retirement and stepped up. who get beat yes i know but randy deserves all the credit in the world hes old as f**k for this sport, then he beat frank mir another world class cheerleader, and heath hearing guess who beat heath way back in the day when he was in his prime . . . Fedor the Worlds best MMA fighter. And i wanna give props to brett this man fights with his heart hes the most dangerous one to watch out for he had nothing to lose and everything to gain he waasnt just fighting for him but for his family he isnt a cheerleader with money like brock. who by the way cancled his upcomming fight cause he was "sick" but was seen 2 days before the cancilation blowing the vikings ceremornial horn. but now that im done if you wanna bash fedor bring some facts why does he suck?? what is the flaw in his carreer? he didnt join the UFC? just because the UFC is the only thing you people watch doesnt mean its the best organization in the world. its about fedors history people wanna bash cro cop say he sucks well back when fedor fought him he was the man. People wanna say fedor is ducking competition, hes just not american he isnt fighting for money he fights for pride and he isnt gonna play danas game the end

15. iapodaca

November 7, 2009 at 2:59 pm

ps i know my spelling sucks bash it if you want, i know its what most people do when they dont have a counter argument for the information laid before them

16. iapodaca

November 7, 2009 at 3:08 pm

one more thing for everyone that says brock is TOO big Brett is 6'5 264

brock is 6'3 265

i guess you can throw that out the window next brock nuthugger statement please

17. Aldo Raine

November 7, 2009 at 3:11 pm

Wow iapodaca…..that was one of the dumbest things I've ever read. Most people in here aren't doubting Fedor's legacy. He was fucking amazing back in pride…..amazing. However that was 3 fucking years ago. Is he still good….hell yea! However what you dont seem to get through your head is that Pride isn't around….Its UFC or Strikeforce. To say that Strikeforce has better competition than the UFC is false. UFC has better competition in every weight division. I'm not saying that Rodgers wasn't a worthy opponent I just think that if Fedor went to UFC he would have better people to fight. I think Rodgers is a lot like Carwin without the wrestling game but he showed good ground defense though. However for you to say that Brock isnt good and people Dana and the UFC drives it into peoples heads is a lie. I truely believe that die hard Fedor fans are looking at Brock and being like theres a guy for Fedor to fight. I think Fedor would get killed by Brock and a lot of Fedor fans think the other way around but to say Brock shouldn't have the title and just like every other wrestler your wrong dude. I think every Fedor fan would say that Brock is a threat to Fedor……Brock is bigger but Fedor has more skill. Even Fedor fans should think that would be an awesome fight. If Fedor took Brock out it would take him to the mythical #1 pound for pound but either way Brock is no slouch man

18. Aldo Raine

November 7, 2009 at 3:12 pm

Ps…..iapodaca if you dont think Brock has a chance against Fedor your fucking stupid!

19. CagE

November 7, 2009 at 3:15 pm

You guys are spoiled with Fedors recent quick wins, he looked great.

Fedor > Lesnar

20. Andre

November 7, 2009 at 3:21 pm

Just another victim in Fedor path , i'm really tired of poeple not giving Fedor the respect he deserves, i mean even if Fedor join the ufc and wiped out the division there , you will still have these damm doubters, i mean what more does a fighter have to prove. i got to see Fedor in person in ny , and have followed his career since Pride and i have to say he's been in much tougher fights than this one.

21. Mikey

November 7, 2009 at 3:23 pm

I was skeptical of Strikeforce before but not anymore. That was the best MMA show I've seen all year. I've never seen Fedor is a vulnerable position like that and for him to pull out the win shows that he's got a ton of heart along with that talent.

22. iapodaca

November 7, 2009 at 3:27 pm

Mythical pound for pound?? that is the dumbest shit ive ever read, fedor has 31 wins under his belt and the majority of those fights were not slck ass fighters and i honestly dont think brock would have been a house hold name back in the pride days. and tell me where i said that strickeforce was better? i didnt say that all i said is the UFCs HEAVYWEIGHT divison is weak. and to say fedor would get killed by brock that is one of the dymbest things ive ever read, now do i belive fedor is gonna get beat? yes one day his time will come. do i think borck would ever have a punchers chance fuck no? and another thing fedor Is the best he has proved it time and time again if brock wants that title he should go get it im tired of hearing fedor is ducking comp. bullshit dana and brock need to put on there big girl panties and go challenge fedor and strickeforce they would welcome it with open arms. thats why i like strickforce they will allow for others to come fight for them unlike dana fuck him he doesnt caare about the fighters he wants that spotlight over him its about him and his money.

23. Choker555

November 7, 2009 at 3:32 pm

Rickson said he's beat Fedor –even today!

24. Mikey

November 7, 2009 at 3:34 pm

…And Labron got dunked on by some college freshman in the offseason but it didn't make people think he was better.

25. Aldo Raine

November 7, 2009 at 3:37 pm

You know what this is one of those never ending arguments. I'm not gonna fight the whole night about this because it would go on for days. All I'm saying is Brock is no actor like you said he was also he he would have been no ordinary fighter in pride. A lot of people place pride back in the day like they were fucking gods fighting. They were good maybe even better than UFC back in the day. Fighters get better. Athletics are always gettting better. Pride fighter back in the day put them against the top in the UFC now and they wouldn't make the impact as what people think. Athletes evolve and are constantly getting better. Where seeing a GSP age, were seeing a Anderson Silva age, and were also seing a Lesnar age at the moment. Not to take anything away from Fedor, he was the man back in the day and he's still really really really good but the heavyweight division has evolved…..Lesnar is the new big dog on the block but we wont see Fedor vs Lesnar because Fedor turned down a title shot and the best contract of his life to fight at strikeforce.

26. Aldo Raine

November 7, 2009 at 3:40 pm

PS….out of all I typed you commented in my mythical Pound for Pound comment and said it was the dumbest thing you've ever read………Is it not a mythical pound for pound thing. I mean there is no way of telling. Was that comment that dumb?

27. Mikey

November 7, 2009 at 3:41 pm

I agree with most of that, pretty good comments Aldo. But I think Fedor could take down Brock. He took some power tonight from Rogers, a guy who could cut him open with a power jab. Brock has that same power but just like Rogers he's still a little green on his total game. Right now Fedor wins that fight. A couple years from now probably Brock wins.

28. iapodaca

November 7, 2009 at 3:46 pm

we couldnt argue for days because brock doesnt have a legacy to argue he only has 5 fights and already 1 loss we couldnt argue because in all honesty your argument is stupid and we wont be able to see fedor knock out lenar because of dana white, and for bringing up he "thats one of the dumbst things ive ever read" line you sure do say alot of stupd shit the borck lesnarage?? are you fucking kidding never will it be the lesnar age when Fedor is around cause he is the worlds number one Heavyweight fighter and if anyone wants to argue that statement go ahead and spit out your hw fighters facts over the next couple minutes and ill spend the rest of the night looking up fedor shit and post it in the morning after its all done

29. Miko

November 7, 2009 at 3:50 pm

WAR SHOGUN: I completely agree. Sheilds got booed and he'd better know why.

Tim: those cuts are old and they open up during most of his fights.

If fedor was that much of a pussy he wouldn't have dared step into a cage due to inexperience and would have just fought in Japan.

Just because he is stubborn in his business practices and does whatever his manager tells him to do, it doesn't mean he's a pussy.

Not that I think he'd definitely beat lesnar, but I guess we'll never know.

Mikey: I saw that "dunk". labron was practically on the other side of the court.

I was so irritated when I saw the false advertising of that video Bunch of hype for nothing

30. iapodaca

November 7, 2009 at 3:51 pm

ps . . . to say that Borck Lesnar would be the 1 fighter to make fedors WHOLE legaycy mythical yes it was that dumb i know pride was back in the day but when looking back on the legacy the men he beat back then were damn good they proved it and brock hasnt proved anything yet

31. Aldo Raine

November 7, 2009 at 4:08 pm

God Damn….Stop calling him Borck Lesnar……and when did i say Brock Lesnar was going to make Fedor's legacy mythical. This conversation with you is going nowhere.

Anywho….Thank you Mikey for being a Fedor fan but still reasonable. Even you can see that Brock is a serious opponent for Fedor. I agree with what your saying though. That is one of Brocks major downfalls is he is green like you said. I dont think Fedor can take him down but I could see how fedor might get on top in a scramble though. I dont know its another one of them unstopable force vs an immovable object type matches. Either way I would love to see it. I want Fedor to go to and see what he can do. Dont get me wrong I think Fedor's a good fighter I just think Brock is better. I think Fedor fans can respect that…..maybe not agree with it but either way I think its time for Fedor fans to start taking Brock as a serious threat which I think most have already.

32. iapodaca

November 7, 2009 at 4:14 pm

are you high or just a fucking tard "Brock is bigger but Fedor has more skill. Even Fedor fans should think that would be an awesome fight. If Fedor took Brock out it would take him to the mythical #1 pound for pound but either way Brock is no slouch man" those are your exact words you stated that it if fedor could beat Brock Lesnar it would take him to this mythical number 1 spot you said it in your first argument aginst me. an your right you didnt say he was going to make it mythotical you said he could make it mythotical was the comment so damn stupid you forgot you said it

33. iapodaca

November 7, 2009 at 4:27 pm

and heres a question for all you brock nuthuggers what happends when brock loses by the end of next year and dana isnt riding his dick anymore then everyone forgets brocks name and he becomes this has been? then what the new guy is gonna be the one fedor is ducking? you guys gonna just jump on that bandwagon and ride it till the wheels fall off and turn to dana for the next one?

34. Mikey

November 7, 2009 at 4:36 pm

Anyone else pissed at the boos. MMA is not boxing. Its not boring on the ground or in the clinch if you know the game. After a while you can see the chess game in judo and jujitsu. I don't think any of the fighters were slouches tonight that deserved to be booed.

35. STEVEO

November 7, 2009 at 4:41 pm

no boos deserved, but i hate to see a belt go to someone who doesnt finish a fight in this case or any other. guys let the brock fedor thing go, its not gonna happen, ever, at least not when they are both in there prime. the thing i took away from this is that brett rogers is for real. i expected fedor to win but much sooner and in a more dominant fashion. when rogers had him against the cage dropping bombs i thought it was over. bare minimum fedor can take a fucking punch for sure. and who will mousasi fight next cause i was actually trying to come up with one 205 guy worth a squirt in strikeforce and i couldn't really think of one and i think it was pretty stupid the belt wasnt on the line. Overeem better be next for fedor or make that juicy fuck give the belt up.

36. STEVEO

November 7, 2009 at 4:45 pm

and was it just me or was the commentary and interviews absolutely unbearable? they need some new people the black dude in the ring after the fight sounded like a window licker asking questions

37. corey

November 7, 2009 at 5:02 pm

i didn't notice the interviews too much but i did notice that they guy did a good job at trying to calm rogers down to get something coherent out of him. strikeforce has a mike goldberg that has a great commentary voice but he does say some funny/stupid things.

38. Aldo Raine

November 7, 2009 at 5:07 pm

IAPODACA…..what was wrong with that comment. HERE IS MY QUOTE“Brock is bigger but Fedor has more skill. Even Fedor fans should think that would be an awesome fight. If Fedor took Brock out it would take him to the mythical #1 pound for pound but either way Brock is no slouch man”……….Ok first of all Brock is Bigger and Fedor is more skilled. Second of all Brock and Fedor fans alike would I hope love to see each other fight…doesn't matter what organization its an amazing fight. Third of all the pound for pount thing is mythical because everyone fights in a different weight class. Fedor on most scales is number 3 which is below anderson silva and GSP. Nothing to be ashamed of Fedor dominated the rankings for how many years and still could get up to the mythical number 1 fighter. However I'm just saying if he beats Brock he has to be number 1. I guess I dont understand what your arguing…..all my comments were pretty accurate for Brock and Fedor fans alike. The only thing is I think Brock would beat Fedor…..Fedor fans would disagree. I dont know what your arguing though. Please tell me all Fedor die hards arent like this.

39. GG

November 7, 2009 at 5:29 pm

Fuck i love watching fedor fight pretty good show from strikeforce tonight. We would all love 2 see fedor vs brock, but 2 say brock would dominate and kill fedor tim/warshogun are just retarded. Tired of stupid people like u starting gay arguments we will just have 2 wait and see what happens if they ever fight.

40. hall

November 7, 2009 at 5:56 pm

ha ha ha I told yaw that Fedor was the best is the best and will aways will be the best!!!

41. iapodaca

November 7, 2009 at 6:20 pm

well i missunderstood your comment when you said mythical i was thinking you were tryin to tell me that by fedor beating brock would mean that fedor has secured his place in mma history i dont care much for the polls when it comes to the greatist pound for pound fighter its stupid look at the fighters records fedor has been unbeatin his whole carreer minus a contraversal stoppage back in 2000 anderson silva hasnt been beat since 06 and gsp since 07 fedor has been on a 10 year win streak in mma the other 2 cant compete with that. not tryin to take anything away from eather of those fighters cause they are both great and always provide an exciting fight. my argument is peope being overated i dont wanna argue other sports but i dont like tom brady and the pats cause they cheated to win 3 super bowls, i dont care for labron james cause he calls himself the king wears number 23 and people try and say hes better than jordan he needs to get his own number and become his own legend and i HATE brock lesnar because he is 4-1 and people are acting like he is gods gift to MMA. and i dont care to much for all these new fans who saw the first season of TUF and they decided to join their nearist gym and all the sudden they think they are mma experts and they dont do their hw, they just listen to every word dana white pulls out of his ass. i bash brock cause he hasnt earned any respect he has done nothing great hes still a rookie. and im arguing aginst everyone who wants to bash fedor and caall him the coward cause he is the greatist he doesnt have to prove it anymore hes already done it day in and day out. fedor is like the alpha male in a pack of wolves he doesnt go calling out his next challenge his next challenge should come to him. its fedors throne and to say hes ducking competition is just stupid fedor is the competition and im sure dana white has enough influence and money if he really wanted that fight he could cut a deal with strickforce to make it happen. and as a fedor fan i dont care for that fight one bit fedor would dismantle brock imho rogers would wup brocks ass the only reason i would want to see fedor spank lesnar is so i wouldnt have to read all this stupid shit about the great almighty brock lesnar whos 4-1 not only is the 4 not impressive but the quality of those 4 matchups were not impressive. to end this i dont like seeing one of the greatist icons this sports ever seen get bashed by some stupid ass fan especially when the fan is tryin to hype up some stupid ass wwe actor who wants to cry cause bud light wont sponsor him and a win makes him so happy he will even go home and fuck his wife that night, and he calls off his fights cause hes "sick" like hes never been sick before in his life while being seen living it up at the vikings football games

42. LT

November 7, 2009 at 6:45 pm

Rogers looked good tonight, but Fedor is just too much for everybody right now. The dude is a machine.

43. Scooby-Doo

November 7, 2009 at 6:46 pm

Fedor would win against Brock.#25 Yes he had a chance to sign up with the UFC, but Fedor is smart e nuff not to. He is in control of his carrer(sp) not some org. That's why he didn't sign with the UFC. Just like Rampages said, they control what they want and you have no say so. He should have got the re-match with Griffin,but he didnt that's a whole other story. Fedor would beat Brock just with Experiance(sp)of fighting bigger Guys and going in for the finish…..

44. Rich

November 7, 2009 at 6:59 pm

I wouldn't use Rampage as a credible source for career advice. Its hard to give a guy a rematch when your trying to hide him from the world till people forget that the last time he fought and lost he went crazy and causes a pregnant lady to lose her baby. Whether fedor goes to the UFC or not I think we can all agree there isn't much left for him to fight in strikeforce.

45. YC

November 7, 2009 at 7:01 pm

Rogers did a hell of a good job on attacking Fedor, probably one of the best jobs any one has ever done against him. I don't think any one has used jabs on him or at least didn't have time to, and Rogers executed that beautifully. BUT……. u cant leave room for Fedor to step in like he did. Weather ppl think Rogers looked better or not Fedor looked just as he does in every fight and he found a huge opening and he took it and came out the winner. I just think this fight tells everybody that he's human and he can get hurt and get a little (tiny bit) winded, lol.

46. Aldo Raine

November 7, 2009 at 7:44 pm

IAPODACA…..omg you keep talking……NO I AM AGREEING WITH YOU THAT FEDOR DOESN'T HAVE TO PROVE ANYMORE HES GOOD……..HES FUCKING A GOOD FIGHTER!!!!!!…….What I'm agruing is there is going to come a point where Fedor's reign is going to end. I think that time is now. You fucking talk like I think Fedor's a chump or something. Brock isn't good because Dana White or the UFC say he's good…..He's good because he's proved it. You can't honestly tell me you've watched a Lesnar fight and was like "yea he's not that good". Yea he's that fucking good. Maybe not techniqually but out of all the heavyweights….including Fedor he is the best Wrestler. He's huge and he's a division 1 wrestler. I'm from Iowa we have a fucking army of wrestlers and if you win national against us your pretty fucking good. I honestly dont see how you can't see any talent in Lesnar. Some Fedor fans wether they will admit it or not see him as a threat. This is one of those things where a lot of fedor fans say "well your not a true mma fan if you dont think Fedor is that good he's won 30 some fights." Well Brock is 5-1 with fighting pretty good people as a rookie. He hasn't even peaked….you get 10 fights under this guys belt and he's gonna be a fucking weapon…not that he isn't already. I'm not confirming that he would beat Fedor right now but some of these Fedor fans maybe its just you iapodaca who's giving them a bad name are making it seem like he's not even in their league.

47. BigJon

November 7, 2009 at 8:12 pm

fedor would own lesnar on the feet and if it went to the ground he would armbar him

48. BigJon

November 7, 2009 at 8:13 pm

and the only people who type OMG are little girls so dont do that anymore aldo… its gay

49. Rubs

November 7, 2009 at 8:43 pm

Fedor still best HW

50. steve

November 7, 2009 at 10:13 pm

Size isnt everything and I think a lot of you are giving lesnar way too much crdit for what is desrved. Lets see if he even beats Carwin. If he does he is 5-1. If he loses he is 4-2. Seems like some are ready to say he is the best ever. And all this in a post on Fedor getting the knockout over brett rogers. Tim did you really just say Fedor got the shit beat out of him? He got cut and got hit flush a bit on the ground but if i recall he got the ko victory. Rogers is no joke and this fight proved it.

51. WHODINI

November 7, 2009 at 10:24 pm

pretty good figts was glad not to hear Joe Rogan scream whoaa !!! or oww !!! every time some lands a leg kick.. and has Suko ver made it out of the secomd round always seems like he dies … he kight as well just one round fights lol…and you'all must have been up all night typing your little rants above there

52. WAR SHOGUN

November 8, 2009 at 12:16 am

I prefer hearing Joe Rogan than those morons they hve for commentators.. they suck ass. And people saying "I told you Fedor was the best" c'mon! you cant say that After a win over Brett Rogers… Whats wrong with you. Fedor didint prove anything, he just looked like an average fighter who won with a wild punch. You cant deny that if Fedor fighted that way with Lesnar, Lesnar wolud have destroyed him on the clinch and ground and pound the hell out of him. I dont think Fedor could armbar him I mean look at Brock! c'mon! he couldnt armbar ROGERS… And someone said that Fedor would take Brock down well that just delusional. You people act like Fedor is Jesus or something he didint look impresive to me.

53. hall

November 8, 2009 at 12:37 am

well i guess fedor seems to always get a lucky hit aint that right #51 sike bitch fedor is the best !!! i have seen him get the shit beat out of him and still win. that fight want shit for him he waited for his chance to do what he dose best.he will loose one day but not today.you know if fedor was to fight brock and win all yall bullshiters would still come up with some bullshit like #51 it was a lucky shot!if thats luck he must have a horseshoe up his ass but i can here #51 saying brock will pull it out but it want happen brock is to hyper and dumb. brock will loose oneday but its hard to beat a man when he only fights once a year ha ha

54. WAR SHOGUN

November 8, 2009 at 12:51 am

Exactly its hard to loose when you fight once a year… When do you think Fedor is fighting again? jajaja there's no one out there for him. I prefer to see someone fight a great opponent once a year than seeing someone fight cans all year! And I didint say he threw a lucky punch… All I said is that he threw a lot of WILD punches, when you compare his striking whit Anderson's he doesn't look very technical yet very effective I give you that. Anyway…. lets stop this bullshit guys Fedor vs Brock is NEVER going to happend same thing happened with Randy. Guess Fedor's MANAGEMENT DOES A GOOD JOB ON ENSURING Fedor FIGHTS someone that cant win against him.

55. WAR SHOGUN

November 8, 2009 at 12:52 am

Oh and its not like Brock is out there doing movies and stuff he has mono… dude thats no joke. He wanted to fightlike 3 or 4 times a year, and he wanted to fight the best of the best. You have to admire that. Its not his fault he got sick.

56. Ryan S

November 8, 2009 at 12:59 am

Oh I don't think you can call that punch wild. Everything else was wide looping hooks and that one came straight from his shoulder. That was power. I think Mikey said it best about Fedor and Lesnar. Fedor would take Lesnar now, but give Lesnar time to become an actual MMA fighter and he will win. Lesnar is still wet behind the ears. But Fedor is great at finding your flaw and exploiting it. What he did to Rogers he could also do to Lesnar and his experience in judo could put him in the positions he wants on the ground. I'm still not completely sold on Lesnar but I think it is foolish to say that he does not have some serious potential.

57. WHODINI

November 8, 2009 at 1:01 am

and i agree he didnt really fight anybody last night .. and Shields and Miller just spooned each other all fight long ..

58. Ryan S

November 8, 2009 at 1:03 am

See, I actually liked the Shields/Mayhem fight. It was on the ground the whole time, but very technical and pretty unorthodox. I still son't think Jake is that impressive though. I'm not impressed by his performance.

59. WAR SHOGUN

November 8, 2009 at 1:11 am

Ryan S you sounded like GSP "Am not impressed with your performance" at matt huges lol Jake is not an MMA fighter.

60. David

November 8, 2009 at 1:31 am

I'm really impressed with Fedor and how he can come back and win the fight. Whether you are a fan or not, you have to respect that about a fighter. I hope Fedor remains undefeated in strikeforce so then maybe he can sign with the UFC after 3 fights because who else is in strikeforce? Werdum, Overeem and then who? By then it would be time to sign with the UFC and test new waters. Of all the decent HW's in strikeforce, I thought Rogers had the best chance but mentally he wasn't ready and it was obvious.

I like Fedor and how humble he is, but I really hate his fans, and honestly I don't want to be associated with them. There are some exceptions who actually think rationally but then there are those that act like they are fedor's promoter. Can't wait for the day when Lesnar beats him and flips the bird to the right ppl this time….Mother Russia cuz that's really who Fedor cares about, not the fans here in the US.

Machida would take out Fedor cuz it's not like Fedor can kick his way to a W

61. shawn

November 8, 2009 at 1:58 am

FEDOR..FEDOR…FEDOR….BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

62. Ryan S

November 8, 2009 at 1:58 am

LOL, yeah WAR SHOGUN, that was kind of the joke.

63. Ryan S

November 8, 2009 at 2:00 am

oh my god jew jif shoes.

64. derek

November 8, 2009 at 2:40 am

fedor didn't look too impressive last night. i thought it wouldn't go past the 1st round. rogers showed that he is not houston alexander on the ground, and he showed that has some knowledge of grappling. rogers defended successfully against both a kimura and an armbar. problem with last night is that a lot of fighters come out scared or hesitant against fedor. even the top level fighters come out really hesitant. rogers was scared for the first 30 seconds, and he didn]t exert him the confidence that took him throughout his whole career. once rogers was waiting on fedor, that kind of set the pace of the fight. rogers could have KOed fedor.

65. Tim

November 8, 2009 at 2:49 am

Most of you here are obviously the bandwagon folks or the weak MMA lovers who dont understand the entire game and how MMA works. A few of you have mentioned that back in Pride they were just fighters with limited athletes, Now you have legit athletes which is a huge deal fighting and evolving..key word evolving, fighters fight and athletes evolve into better athletes and rarely do you get to see a athletic fighter who evolves into both and here are just a few as i can only recal seeing them fight athleticly, GSP and Lesnar and i am sure there are more. Now Fedor is fucking great, there is no doubt on that but last nite you saw the type of fighter that can give him problems and all i am saying is based upon facts Lesnar has a very good chance of beating Fedor, Lesnar isnt your typical fighter he is an athletic fighter, he moves like a lightweight and hits like a mac truck, he has great wrestling as he has been wrestling longer than fedor has been fighting at 25 years, the instinct of a wrestler/athletic are very good as in when Mir threw those knees lesnar easily transitioned it to a take down using Mirs own body wieght. See most of you dont look at the technical aspect of this sport you just see so and so who is huge or skinny or has great BJJ or ko power, Truth be told Fedor is one hell of afighter but in all honestly based upon the technical and athletic side of things Fedor would have a very hard time in beating Lesnar and to tell you the truth Rogers was winning that fight until he got caught, now put lesnar in there with all his skills, speed and power against a man with all skills and skilled power and you have a great fight but in my opinion lesnar would win, look at it this way Mir or herring couldnt get up from lesnar what makes you think your little god Fedor will…does he have super powers…LOL come be real if Lesnar gets Fedor on the ground in the same position that he had Mir ITS LIGHTS OUT FOR FEDOR BOTTOM LINE, Brock is too strong to deal with in that postion.

Now since this fight will not happen for at least another 2 years, as i am really hopin that Fedor didnt sign iwth the UFC in order to break himself into the cage enviroment and gets used to it before he faces the big boys. we can dream cant we, the point about Fedor beating people can be debated for years, he has beaten some great fighters and he has also beaten some pretty shitty and one dimensional fighters. i ask you this who else in Strikeforce or anywhere out there at this moment is a worthy opponent for Fedor? The UFC has tons of HWGHT talent who would be a viable opponent for Fedor, Tons. strikforce has what 2 maybe 3 in Werdum, Silva and Barnett although he cant get a license in the US so who else. This is why peoplse say Fedor is dodging competition, you have the best up and coming fighters in the HWGHT div in the UFC and instead of fighting the best and challlenges, you go to another org where you fight no name people, given rogers was a viable opponent he was one dimensional and i was more impressed with Rogers than Fedor in this fight. Look i am not a Fedor hater i am just not a Fedor nuthugger either and i can read between the lines and understand MMA as i am an athlete myself, Lesnar isnt the best but he can surely evolve into the best because he is an athlete, Fedor is a fighter and eventuatlly, EVOLUTION WILL CATH UP WITH YOU!!!!

66. corey

November 8, 2009 at 3:11 am

mayhem miller is a lot better than i would have given him credit for. i thought that was a good fight and the last round wan't really exciting but damn, they had to get tired sometime. shields is a bad ass fighter. he should have stayed in welterweight though.

67. Ryan S

November 8, 2009 at 3:12 am

Thats pretty condscending, we are bandwagon fans and don't understand the sport? So basically, Tim, your saying that Brock's speed and strength will conquer Fedor's experience and ability to expose and capitalize on people's weaknesses? Brock is a phenomenal athlete, and seems to learn pretty fast, and is very fast and powerful, but I don't buy it. I still say Brock needs more time to evolve. I think Fedor would be a fight Brock would lose, but end up avenging. And honestly, I think the only reason Rogers escaped that armbar is because Fedor was up against the cage and couldn't straighten out his body.

68. Tom

November 8, 2009 at 3:21 am

great fights last night..

wtf mark miller didnt fight??

also i think its going to be verdum vs Fador and why??/it should be allstar vs Fador..

chung lee is a pussy, why give your belt up then next month come fight for the same organization

69. Tim

November 8, 2009 at 3:43 am

I agree Tom, WTF Cung Le…makes no sense. Bottom line everyone will keep watching Fedor on Strikeforce to see if he will lose because everyone knows he is favored to win every time. It just a matter of time before Evolution catches up with you.

70. richaaron

November 8, 2009 at 3:49 am

Fedor is still king. Shields is still a bitch. Mousasi would give any UFC 205'er a run for there money and Silva's jaw look's even bigger in Primetime…

71. Tim

November 8, 2009 at 4:16 am

LOL i forgot about Silva's jaw, dear god how could you miss that.

November 8, 2009 at 4:36 am

jake is no bitch fool..

but miller did a million times better then i thought..i would love to see miller vs Robbie? i think miller could win

73. richaaron

November 8, 2009 at 4:59 am

Jake is absolutely a bitch. His style is more suited for Abu-Dhabi. Good thing for Jake that Strikeforce doesn't do PPV. They would have a hard time trying to sell him as a Main Event… Why do you think the UFC dumped him..? Even Dana know's he's a bitch…

74. taylor

November 8, 2009 at 5:14 am

haha richaaron you said it.

wow tim, guess you're the only one here who is an athlete or knows anything, huh? what a joke. you're opinions are just as credible as any other lesnar lover.

75. taylor

November 8, 2009 at 5:16 am

richaaron #69 is what i meant.

76. Tim

November 8, 2009 at 5:51 am

taylor you just proved my point you cant read between the lines because your a fucking fedor nuthugger. Again Fedor is great thats not the issue and Your obviously not an athlete or else you wouldnt of made that statement. Your the joke and my opinions are reality and if you understood the sport you would realize them to be true. Its all about Evolution of athletes in MMA and there is a huge difference between a pure athlete and a fighter, when you combine the two thats where Evolution of the sport comes into play.

77. Ryan S

November 8, 2009 at 6:42 am

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Tim, there you go again. "Your obviously not an athlete or else you wouldnt of made that statement." This is great too, "my opinions are reality and if you understood the sport you would realize them to be true." How are your opinions reality? How many hours do you stare at yourself in the mirror everyday, Tim? If your opinion is always correct then I need to get your input on a house I am looking at because I want to make sure I have the CORRECT opinion. I'm sorry, everyone, but this guy's pompous, self-loving attitude is so frustrating that I can't look the other way. And why the FUCK does being a Fedor fan make you a "nuthugger"?!?! If that makes someone a nuthugger, what does that make you, Tim, as far as Lesnar goes?

78. Hall's Wife

November 8, 2009 at 7:08 am

Mr. Tim, For some reason you think Brock is so skilled in MMA. Son that takes time and fights to be a champ. Brock has only had 4 fights in MMA. Who else has come to MMA and got a belt in 4 fights. All I can say is BROCK MUST SUCK A GOOD DICK. (Dana White's little dick)

I have watch fedor over the years and I would love to see Fedor fight Brock but NO money going into Dana White's pocket. That is one thing that made me an even bigger Fedor FAN/nuthugger. He did not give in to the money. He is one of the most humble, kind hearted man in MMA. You will never hear fedor say one bad thing about anyother fighter. To him it is a job/sport that he was born for. Fedor is the best and that is what is eating at Brock. I will make a bet with anyone that in 2 to 3 more years Brock will quite MMA and go back to Wrestling and talk shit about MMA. The only wrestler I have enjoyed watching would have to be Bobby Lashley. And by the way after he beat Bob Sapp he said well that was my 4th fight in MMA but as you see I don't have a belt. I am going to earn MINE! Eat that.

79. Shogun of Harlem

November 8, 2009 at 7:48 am

It was a good fight last night between Fedor and Rogers. Rogers is a much bigger fighter. I thought fedor was going to get knocked out when rogers was on top of him pounding on his face.

fedor had his moments to when he had rogers against the fence pounding on him as well. I thought at that moment fedor might win it or even the time when Fedor hit him and knocked him on the ground.

Well we all know now that fedor can fight in a cage. The knock out punch in the second round, it sounded like Fedor hit a pack of meat.

I have to say i liked the fight card. they had some interesting fights on there.

What suprised me was that it was free on tv. I really like the fight with fabrico werdum and that other guy.

I would love to see a fight with Fedor and Lesnar. If that doesnt happen, i would be happy with a fight between Lesnar and Brett Rogers.

80. tom d

November 8, 2009 at 7:49 am

Tim whacks off to brock lesnar pics

81. taylor

November 8, 2009 at 7:58 am

fedor IS great…not the issue? i was commenting on the results of the fight. what issue are you talking about? i was just agreeing that fedor is great. and since when does that make me a nuthugger? wow your opinions and yes opinions, not the reality, are ridiculous.

haha and i don't even need to defend my comment about you, it seems like everyone else agrees. oh but wait, only your opinion counts, right? you must be a shitty athlete, you're so insecure!!

82. taylor

November 8, 2009 at 8:00 am

yeah that was to tim, forgot to put that. shouldn't be hard to tell though lol.

strikeforce has a deal with cbs, right? so hopefully more to come on free tv!

83. Tim

November 8, 2009 at 8:02 am

Again this is stupid to agrue with peoploe who have no insight into MMA and what an athlete can do to this sport. I never said Lesnar was so skilled, i said he was a pure athlete who is evolving, so halls wife where do you get me saying lesnar is so skilled out of that. I mean its a pure fucking fact that Lesnar is an athletic gifted freak and so far as he has combined this with some MMA skills he is evolving into the potential perfect MMA fighter. You see it with GSP, a pure natural athlete who i learning MMA and developing into a great fighter. My point being an again your obviously not an athlete yourself or are such a Fedor nuthugger you get so pissed off at the sight of anyone saying they can beat him to understand MMA and the details involved. Like it or not Lesnar is an athletic freak of nature who is on his way to potentially becoming a legend in MMA and he has had only 3 years of training…given his 25 years of wrestling experience and i mean real wrestling college style that is the main reason he has done so well in this sport. Lesnar has earned everything he has gotten, he didnt ask for a title shot dana gave it to him. I personally thought he got it way to soon but oh well. Lashley is smart for taking the long road but at the same time Lesnar was even smarter putting himself on the line for quick money and another chance to make a name for himself and to see if he can do this MMA sport. Wether you like him or not Lesnar is a legit fighter who obvously needs to learn more and more which every time he fights he proves just that he is developing into a much overall better fighter. So you see my facts are dead on which are Athletes in MMA are evolving into much overall better fighters which means this problems for fighters in MMA who are just fighters. there is a huge difference between a natural athlete and a figher and when you combine the two you get the EVOLUTION of the sport. It happen in all sport MLB, NFL, NBA Etc..no boday is bashing Fedor i just believe that lesnar would defeat fedor simply based upon how he fights and how much control he imposes on his opponents, simply put if Fedor finds himself in the same position as did Mir, Fedor will get beat…but there is no sense in argueing over something that will never happen as well as since you all predict that lesnar or no one else has a fucking chance in defeating your Fedor, come on look outside the box and think about it put your emotions aside and base facts on facts, sure fedor would be favored as he deserves to be but how can you rule out Lesnar beating Fedor. If you do your a fucking joke and a fedor nuthugger and have no knowledge of MMA and purely make your comments solely upon who you nuthug most, all i am saying is at least for someone who likes Lesnar i can admit and look outside the box and admit when someone is a good match up for him as in Carwin, when that fight happens Carwin may very well win as he matches up well. I am sure you will come back with some come back talk about me bla, bla, bla…which i could care less about because i train athletes and MMA fighters for strenght and conditioning for a living so i know what goes into sports. If you cant look outside the box than your just stupid and superficial.

84. Tim

November 8, 2009 at 8:09 am

But is doesnt matter you will never understand the point of facts because your not athletes yourselves so you woldnt understand what goes into traning and what being a natural athletic MMA fighter has to do MMA or any other sport. its all about EVOLUTION of the athlete which you woudlnt understand.

85. WAR SHOGUN

November 8, 2009 at 8:27 am

Its not that they are athletes Tim, I have a theory, Fedor is a religion. Try telling a Christian there is no God, they will flip out! Same here. You cant say anything about Fedor without having to fight with these believers and nuthuggers. They are brain wahed! some brain damage, its sad. they are so blind. Just ignore them.

86. WAR SHOGUN

November 8, 2009 at 8:28 am

*aren't

87. taylor

November 8, 2009 at 8:30 am

wow you are so defensive about lesnar when none of us even said fedor would beat him! i was commenting on how great of a fighter fedor is. i was impressed with his win and was glad he lived up to all the hype that was going on about this fight. i think fedor vs lesnar would be a good fight. i would definitely like to see it happen, even though i don't think it will. and we all get it, you think mma is all about evolution, get off it man, you've made yourself clear.

and i don't understand why you think you're the only one who knows how much training goes into it. you don't have to be a fighter to know how much training it takes. it doesn't sound like anyone is trying discredit the time and effort that all these guys put into it, except for you. you're bashing fedor like he doesn't train as much as you or something. you must not understand how much training this guy goes through. oh but im an athlete who trains mma fighters so i know all about this guy and im reading between the lines instead of reading the facts. that makes my opinions the reality. lol.

88. Tim

November 8, 2009 at 8:57 am

Never in this post have i ever bashed Fedor at all end of story, i said he was great and i never ever said anyting else negative against him. So do not talk lies. I agree with some things you have said, and again thanks WAR SHOGUN. If you understood the Evolution of an athlete in MMA than you would realize what a threat Lesnar and all the other athletes are in MMA period endo of story.

89. taylor

November 8, 2009 at 9:09 am

i never said i didn't think lesnar was a threat, end of story. so do not talk lies. what a hypocrite. i was just commenting on a great fight last night, you're the one who got so defensive and started talking about lesnar period end of story.

well when you were talking about fedor and said, "i doubt it cause he is a pussy and likes to dodge competition as you can clearly see" hmmm i would call that bashing.

you're just proving yourself to be a joke lol. come on man, keep going haha.

90. Hall's Wife

November 8, 2009 at 9:13 am

Mr. Tim, I do think Brock is a great athlete. It takes big balls to be able to step in that ring. The whole reason most people do not like Brock is his attitude. At least that is the reason I do not care for him. UFC WAS a great organization. But now it is all about the money. I respect everyone opinion, but mine is just to not like Brock because of his cocky attitude.

91. Tim

November 8, 2009 at 9:15 am

Taylor i am not talking directly to you so get over it. Yes i personally think Fedor is a pussy and many other do including MMA fighters think he is dodging real competition otherwise why wouldnt he want to face top level competition???? sorry but the current top level HWGHTS are in the UFC and he wont sign with them to face them which could be equally a shame from both ends meaning the UFC and M-1. Its just a shame that Fedor wouldnt want to fight top level fighters thats all besides that he is again one hell of a fighter i want to see the best fighters in the world fight eachother. Sorry but saying fedor is dodging real competion isnt bashing its just a plain simple FACT!!! I am a joke okay say what you want on a comment site as this is the only place you can talk shit and not get beaten up for it. Taylor again i wasnt talking directly towards you and if it seemed like that i am sorry…

92. sy

November 8, 2009 at 9:20 am

admire any guy who gets in the cage to fight but i think brock would need a few more fights b4 he faught fedor, what i aint heard no1 mension is fedors timing he just seems to have a nak to hit at the right time every time wether it be a punch or a submission and granted brocks big he's strong but with all that size and power his body is limeted to what it can do and i just think fedor would be to smart. and another thing for all the people saying fedor got a beating?????what??????? he won the first round then knocked brett out in the second what more do u want the guy to do,

93. Tim

November 8, 2009 at 9:21 am

Halls Wife, i appreciate the truth and i respect your opinion even i a lesnar fan didnt appreciate his attitude but that doesnt take away from the fact that he is an ever evolving Athlete in MMA and that is scarry.

To set things strait Fedor is a very humble fighter and i have nothing but respect for the guy i just think he is dodging real competition and if he really want to keep fighting the best up and coming fighters he wouldnt care about money or this of that if Fedor was truly a guy that likes to fight he would want to fight the best and the best right now is in the UFC at least there are a few interesting matchups for him that would make for history in the making.

94. Tim

November 8, 2009 at 9:28 am

Fedor got rocked hard he was bleeding, but yes Fedor is great he is one of the best fighters ever i just wished he spoke some english and would fight top notch talent.

95. Ryan S

November 8, 2009 at 9:34 am

"..since you all predict that lesnar or no one else has a fucking chance in defeating your Fedor, come on look outside the box and think about it put your emotions aside and base facts on facts, sure fedor would be favored as he deserves to be but how can you rule out Lesnar beating Fedor. If you do your a fucking joke and a fedor nuthugger and have no knowledge of MMA and purely make your comments solely upon who you nuthug most.." -Tim, Fighter Strength Trainer, MMA God

Tim, seriously, the more you talk, the more ridiculous it sounds. You are bashing Fedor by calling him a pussy. It is NOT a FACT that Fedor is dodging competition. He did not want to sign with the org. that talked shit about him. Probably thought that would make him a sell out. All of us have said that Lesnar is gifted and has extreme potential, but the Fedor fans just don't think Lesnar would win that fight at this time. And for some reason, that opinion seems to really grind your gears, causing you to make everyone aware that you don't think they are real athletes. Get over it. You're like a little kid throwing a temper tantrum. Saying all this stuff about how no one but you is a true athlete is not going to make us believe that we are not athletes and we know nothing. Frankly, I really don't even believe that you do train fighters. Sorry, but my opinion on that really shouldn't matter to you. Whenever someone says they like Fedor, they are automatically "nuthuggers," according to you, so what does that make you as far as Lesnar goes?

96. taylor

November 8, 2009 at 9:34 am

well it certainly seemed like you were writing towards me since you were directly responding to things i said and right after i said them, hey but if not you still are a hypocrite because even if saying he is a pussy and dodging competition isn't "bashing" in your vocabulary, it is negative, which you also said you weren't doing. oh but of course your opinion is FACT, haha i forgot about that rule in your little world. btw, this is to you tim, since i am responding to what you were saying.

i agree hall's wife! even though i still think the ufc is a great organization, i do also think it is becoming more and more about the money for some of the participants, which is sad. but i guess that's life, right? almost all sports, and other organizations for that matter, are about money to a great deal of the people involved. not all, but a good number of them. and i also agree that brock has a bad attitude and that is why people don't like him. respecting him and liking him are two separate things. and it seems like he tries to give fans a reason to dislike him lol.

97. Ryan S

November 8, 2009 at 9:38 am

No one even said that Lesnar doesn't have a chance. I know for sure that I said I just don't think it would work out for him. It's MMA dude, anything could happen. And what is with you calling Lesnar the potential "perfect" MMA fighter? Would the perfect MMA fighter have a loss on his record?

98. taylor

November 8, 2009 at 9:38 am

haha nicely said ryan s.

99. Hall's Wife

November 8, 2009 at 9:38 am

Mr. Tim, I want you to think of the most greedy, cocky, arrogant, asshole you know and tell me would you like to work for him and get paid about 5% of what he is making? Now if Fedor's "people" tried to get Dana to get Brock to go to affliction and split the money 50/50 but Dana said basicly if he could not have all the money there was no deal. I would love to see Brock and Fedor fight, but untill Dana White gets off his high horse it will not happen. Right now we got us a mexican stand off.

100. taylor

November 8, 2009 at 9:39 am

#94 and 96!

101. Ryan S

November 8, 2009 at 9:40 am

Post #100

102. Tim

November 8, 2009 at 10:00 am

Again i dont care what you say because you dont know me and your not getting the point. Fedor was offered more money than he could ever make in a lifetime were talking multi millions and yes i know this from a source who works with the UFC and King of the Cage. Fedor did turn it down but frankly speaking Fedor cares more about himself than to give the MMA fans what they want to see….Fedor fight the Best there is and continue to fight the best. We will not see that happen and therefore it is a shame and yes sorry but Fedor is dodging competition whatever your exscuse it for him he is still dodging them otherwise an agreement would of transpired. So your telling me Fedor wont fight the top level comp because he will make only 5% of what he makes in Strikforce and because the UFC are Fedor bashers too…Dana wants Fedor in the UFC and will say anything to get him there good or bad he is a promoter and marketer, the UFC can pay Fedor more money than he will ever make in his lifetime and if you disagree with that your fucking stupid. Bottom line it takes two to make a deal and from what i know and have heard the only thing that brok the deal was that M-1 wanted to partner with the UFC for every Fedor fight. BS what gives them the right to have a co promotion they have not earned it, take what you can get, the money the marketing and the fame from the deal but no M-1 and Dana have to be stubborn but in all fairness the UFC doesnt have to co promote with anyone and whether or not FEdor fights for them isnt a huge deal to them as they will live on but for M-1 and Fedor there missing out on millions and fame someone has to budge and it wont be the UFC and this is why people think FEdor is dodging competion, because why else would you settle for low class fights and shitty money, i guess its his pride..okay whatever.

103. Tim

November 8, 2009 at 10:05 am

Go ahead and continue to bash the hell out of me because i am done with this boring subject which will never end. Lets move on already Fedor is great but will never fight real competition anymore and that is a shame.

104. Ryan S

November 8, 2009 at 10:13 am

Sorry we disagreed, Tim.

105. Hall's Wife

November 8, 2009 at 10:20 am

Mr. Tim I fell sorry for you. Don't you know there is more to life than just money. Some people have morals and principle in their lifes. I am just a small town country girl and I can understand why Fedor has done what he has done and I respect him for that, and I can see your just as greedy and as big of an asshole as Dana and Brock. Good luck in life Tim, for you it will be one of chaseing a dollar. Where mine will be enjoying the simple thing in life.

106. Tim

November 8, 2009 at 10:26 am

Same to you Ryan S, good disagreement and Halls Wife well heres to the simple life.

107. Hall's Mistress

November 8, 2009 at 10:43 am

i dunno yall im alls about the money

108. Ryan S

November 8, 2009 at 10:50 am

Ahh fuck it. I believe what I believe, but I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy debating with Tim.

109. Hall's Wife

November 8, 2009 at 10:52 am

Nice talkin with yaw!

110. Hall's Dick

November 8, 2009 at 11:16 am

I killed myself 5 years ago.

111. Choker555

November 8, 2009 at 11:16 am

Tim, you need to get a job or a girlfriend. Or something. You're spending WAY too much time on the computer…unless you're 9 years old (and then it's understandable).

112. Tim

November 8, 2009 at 12:25 pm

guys im sorry about debating with all of you and looking stupid. I just love brock lesnar and his sexy body i can't help it. I have no life so i sit at the computer and write whole fucking paragraphs that takes an hour to type about how good of a fighter brock is because hes always on my mind. I'm gonna go jack off to brocks weigh in pics now.

113. WAR SHOGUN

November 8, 2009 at 12:52 pm

Man that EA MMA games SUCKS!! Or at least that commercial did.

114. Luke

November 8, 2009 at 1:02 pm

That was a fight Fedor needed. Rogers gave him a scare and i think showed some of the 'nut huggers' that 'the best fighter in the world' is human. But the question is now, Who next? Werdum? thats an interesting fight, but not a fight that really cements a legacy. Overeem? That would be a great fight although its probably not gonna happen.

115. WAR SHOGUN

November 8, 2009 at 1:17 pm

Luke wtf?? You are gonna wake the Fedor Nut Huggers again!!! I think I calmed them down by changing the subject and talking about the EA MMA game not now they are gonna impose their wrath on us normal common sense MMA fans. Run for you life!!

116. Dane

November 8, 2009 at 1:40 pm

they could let fedor kill bobby lashley next that would be interesting to watch lol

117. Jay

November 8, 2009 at 2:03 pm

Dana is not an asshole he offered fedor 30 Million!!! The real greedy asshole is fedors manager. fedor nees to step up to the plate and go to the ufc. strikeforce does not have enough to keep going. So hopefully fedor will be there soon

118. steve

November 8, 2009 at 2:41 pm

Love how this got turned into a thread about fedor not being able to beat a 4-1 Brock Lesnar. I SAID A 4-1 Lesnar. Fedor is 31-1 with the loss coming by a cut which he avenged very easily. Lesnar is SO overrated its not even funny. Is he even favored against Shane Carwin? Rogers would KO Lesnar unless Lesnar used Jake Shields pussy shooting method. Lesnar cant stand with the best strikers and he is not even CLOSE to as fast as Fedor. Fedor is deceptively string and fast. Obviously. Look at his track record. Fedor is the best. No one has a resume like him. Now thaty is a FACT.

119. steve

November 8, 2009 at 2:49 pm

strong* and fast. Lesnars hand speed is terrible. Fedor isnt great just because he is the most well rounded fighter ever but that he is a little HW and its only a matter of time in all of his fights that he finds his range. WAR SHOGUN have you seen fedor fight before? He has landed that same left hand a shitload through his career that was the same exact punch that KO'd AA. He saw Rogers abut to throw so he ducked and threw the overhand right. Thats pefect timing and superb power. I agree that Lesnar would pose some serious problems for anyone in the mma world but to say he is favored over Fedor is crazy. Fedor would sub him or KO him. Lesnar could pick his poison. Fedor isnt getting any younger and eventually these kills with his timing speed and stuff will decrease. Its inevitable but a in his prime fedor is what has made the HW division so great. A HW that can do everything great. Like Bas Rutten did. Those are the guys I like to see fight. Lets see how Lesnar does in his next few fights please.

120. steve

November 8, 2009 at 2:51 pm

right hand***

121. Luke

November 8, 2009 at 2:51 pm

Sorry! I didn't realise the beast was sleeping!

Good for Fedor, He stepped up to a hungry up and comer and only came out with a broken nose and badly bruised face. I really hoped Rogers would pull it off, if only to silence those clinging on to the bandwagon!

Hardly anyone who i know who is a Fedor 'nut hugger' gave a shit about him in pre 2007. and thats what pisses me off! since 2007 the man has fought 2 former champs on the decline, A Korean giant with zero skill, and a 185lb fighter. But, when Fedor was slaying Cro Cop, Nog, Herring, Coleman, Randleman (you know relevent competition) Nobody cared. Now because he isn't in the UFC – he's the man, the greatest ever, would kick all the UFC Heavyweights ass at the same time! BULLSHIT!

I am sick of hearing about the guy, he is so hyped its unreal. Yes he has great timing and power in those wild hooks. but what else? He seems to lack basic Jiu Jitsu postioning skills and looks kinda out of shape.

If the Fedor that fought Brett Rogers stepped in and fought Lesnar, Carwin, or even Velasquez he would have got smashed in seconds.

122. Luke

November 8, 2009 at 2:54 pm

steve- Records are for DJ's and dont mean shit in MMA

123. Jay

November 8, 2009 at 2:57 pm

fedor went toe to toe with a great kickboxer in Mark hunt. Hunt was probably around 280 when he fought fedor and fedor neutralized him on the feet. Brock is no where near the striking of hunt. he fought Sammy schilt a great kickboxer as well. Schilt is huge! Brock has only one advantage and thats Superior wrestling. MMA is not about being huge and having power. Its about being a master and having technique which Fedor has and thats gonna put away Brock.

124. Dane

November 8, 2009 at 4:16 pm

lol luke ur fucking crazy man. Velasquez beating fedor? really? the same cain that was getting dropped left and right (literally) by the unranked kongo a few months ago. Carwins beatin who again? oh ya gonzaga the guy who is famous for KO'ing an over the hill cro cop.

and LMAO @ "Records are for DJ’s and dont mean shit in MMA"

such a dumb thing to say. records do count for something if your record says youve never been subbed, Ko'd, or even decisioned and youve beat like 6 heavyweight champions and a ton of other good fighters. Get out of here hater. I dislike that fedor didnt go to the ufc but im over it hes still one of the best ever.

125. Luke

November 8, 2009 at 5:34 pm

You got me all wrong im not bitter about Fedor not going to UFC to be honest as long as i can watch him fight, i dont give a shit who promotes it.

Regarding the records – This is MMA not Boxing. Too much has been put on fighters maintaining their record in Boxing, which has crushed that sport. Look at Brock Lesnar, 4-1 maybe his record but since Brock turned pro in 2007 he has fought the high calibre of opponent. Now look at Fedor in the same time span, Can you honestly say he has gone out of his way to find the best possible opponent to prove he is the best fighter in the world? The problem is Fedor's management is trying to protect his record. He probably wont fight again until late 2010. Is that the sign of a guy willing to test himself against the best the sport has to offer? NO

So Velasquez couldn't beat Fedor Because he got hit by Kongo? And i say dumb things? Cain mauled Kongo for 15 mins, took his best shots and wasn't thrown off his game, if anything that proves that he is a tough test for anyone.

Randy Couture has a record of 16-10 (not that attractive on paper) does that mean he sucks because he lost a few fights?

Wanderlei Silva has lost 10 fights. Now try and tell me he is not one of the greatest p4p MMA fighters of all time.

Dan Henderson had 5 losses on his record (in Boxing his record would be described a 'fair') then went on to win the PRIDE Welterweight and Middleweight belts.

Vitor Belfort has lost 8 fights, and is now on track for a shot at the 185lb title.

The point im trying to make is, it does not matter how many losses you have, in this sport you can re-invent yourself and come back stronger. It doesn't matter if your 31-1 or even 10-10 as long as you are willing to risk the record by fighting top competition consistantly.

The last thing this sport needs is people making matches based on records, it always has and always should be based on recent performances.

The saying goes 'You are only as good as your last fight' Was Velasquez' most recent fights impressive? Yes. Was Carwin's most recent fights impressive? Yes.

Was Fedor really that impressive against Rogers? In my personal opinion No.

Now you can call me dumb all you want, but i am entitled to an opinion. Now if only you opened your mind to the fact that there are more fighters in the world than Fedor Emelianenko.

126. Luke

November 8, 2009 at 5:48 pm

Sorry to keep on but i just noticed you used the word Unranked? where are the official rankings? And if we have to go down that road. Let me roll some names off and maybe somebody could reply with the 'rankings' of these fighters over the last 5-6 years:-

Hong man Choi

Wagner Martins

Naoya Ogawa

Yuji Nagata

Tsuyoshi Kosaka

Egidijus Valavicius (i had to do some resarch but that is a real person) (cool name though)

Matt Lindland (as a Heavyweight)

I rest my case.

127. Dane

November 8, 2009 at 5:49 pm

you just proved my point man ya henderson, wand, and couture are all great fighters and look how many times they have lost. Fedors faught a lot of good fighters Crocop in his prim, nog twice, rogers, coleman twice, lindland, mark hunt, Arlovski, Sylvia, fujita, arona, etc. none have solved the fedor puzzle. Fedors the best until proven otherwise.

and randy couture is given gift title shots every other fight. Give a lot of people as many title shots as he's gotten and they will be considered LEGENDS aswell

128. Luke

November 8, 2009 at 6:00 pm

How has that proved your point? All it proves is that losses in MMA are not really that important as long as your willing to get in there with the best!

129. Dane

November 8, 2009 at 6:59 pm

it proves it because fedor has been in there with the best and hasnt lost to any of them.

1. Brock got a title shot when he was 1-1 in the ufc. heath herring shouldnt give u a title shot

2. this weekend Brett rogers was ranked HIGHER than Carwin

3. fedor would never in a million years be kneebar'd by mir's bitch ass

could lesnar pose a lot of problemsto anyone including fedor? yes and im a lesnar fan but at this point in time fedor is the better fighter and deserves his ranking.

130. YC

November 8, 2009 at 7:08 pm

i just dont understabd why there's so much haters on Fedor special when he does the same thing over and over again, and these fighters have all these tapes of Fedors fights and they still cant find a way to beat him. like come on guys you cant say Fedor isnt the best heavyweight right now. And honestly you cant put anybody up against until they actually go up against him. Done….. Fedor is heavyweight king until someone beats him, in a impressive fassion!!!!

131. Dane

November 8, 2009 at 7:15 pm

I agree YC but every great has his haters. A lot of people hated Ali in his prime same with tyson. A lot of people want anderson, Gsp, and Bj to lose. Losers are offended by people who do nothing but win i guess lol.

132. Luke

November 8, 2009 at 7:17 pm

Ranked higher than Carwin? By who? its all indepentent based on opinion, rankings dont actually exist. Please stop trying to use rankings! there is no official ranking system.

So Herring is a big enough name to make your point about Fedor, but not good enough to determine whether a fighter is ready for a title shot? (a slight contradiction but i will let it slide).

And to say Fedor could not be tapped out by Mir is one of the most ignorant things i have ever heard. It doesn't matter if your Fedor, Lesnar, a banker, a butcher or even a gardener, if someone is about to take your leg (or arm for that matter) out of its socket, you will quit. theres no shame in that and i dont think you really believe that yourself.

133. Dane

November 8, 2009 at 7:59 pm

lol jesus man that last one was pretty weak ur really failing.

for starters there are ranking systems in mma just like in every sprot in the universe and every major ranking system had rogers ranked above carwin. whether you believe or care about the rankings is your own beef.

secondly i never braught up herring as someone that made fedors record but sure throw him in there since you braught it up lol ya fedor stopped him. one of the only people to stop herring which brock could not do.

And lastly your last paragraph is just dumb fedor would never be subbed by mir. Ya man if fedor gave him his fucking leg and let him sink in the knee bar like lesnar did he might tap but he never would be in that dumbass position to start out with. Fedor Has won the Sambo world championships more times than you've masturbated this week (I hope). Fedor is better than Mir in every area. Mir isnt even that decorated in BJJ like a lot of dumbass fans think. Gonzaga and Werdum are far better. Mir beat a buncha nobodys when the UFC had weak competition and broke sylvias arm. thats his claim to fame. Big Nog would destroy him in the rematch now that he doesnt have a blown out knee and staph. I would laugh so fuckin hard if mir ever stepped in the ring with fedor it would be just one more ufc champion on fedors list.

134. Dane

November 8, 2009 at 8:08 pm

and luke when you wrote "He seems to lack basic Jiu Jitsu postioning skills and looks kinda out of shape." it made me stop caring about anything you write because thats one of the dumbest sentences ever written on this site.

fedor looks out of shape… so that takes away all his accomplishments. sorry he isnt a roided out monster with faggy tattoos inbetween his pecks.

Lacks basic BJJ positioning? where do u train in bjj? when has fedor ever been subb'ed? ever come close to being submitted? He's one of the best sambo practioners of all time. damn it's hard to believe how you could write that sentence and feel remotely right.

135. Luke

November 8, 2009 at 8:22 pm

Ok so you can go on various MMA sites which have rankings, where do the rankings come from? Promoters? No, SAC's? No, any other governing body of MMA? No. The fact is they are made up by fans just like you and i. Thats why they all have different ideas about who is ranked where. How many times do i have to say this – IT IS BASED ON OPINION! You cannot possibly bring them in to discussion as hard facts because people look at things differently.

And seriously masturbation jokes??? How old are you? I was under the impression we had civilised people on here discussing MMA. I dont do the immature shit that goes on this site, disagree with me if you must, but please dont make this more personal than it has to be. We have a difference in opinion, I have no interest in trading childish insults back and forth.

I do agree when Mir was at the top of the UFC the competition was pretty weak. But at the same time if you look at Fedor's PRIDE record there are a lot of lower level fighters that he was spoon fed to make him look better. ( to be fair, it wasn't just Fedor who got these fights, but thats not his fault). But i stand by that on any day anyone can be submitted by the right guy, your correct Mir is not the best BJJ guy in the sport but he can still make people tap better than most. Never say Never, if you know anything about MMA you know how unpredictable it can be.

It seems to me you are incredebly caught up in the Fedor hype. I agree Fedor is quite possibly the best fighter out there but, until he beats all real challengers i guess we will never know.

136. Luke

November 8, 2009 at 8:31 pm

Again Dane its my opinion. I have been watching Fedor for years since PRIDE and i have always thought he had a lazy aproach to ground positioning.

About the shape of Fedor – I just think he looks like he doesn't care about his physique, maybe he doesn't maybe he is just naturally tubby, i dont know its not that important i admit myself.

And im not some Lesnar fan boy who gets off on his body. i dont give a shit. He looks like more of an athlete and on 1st appearances looks as though he trains very hard, whereas Fedor does not look like he puts the time in the gym (i know he does. like i say maybe thats how he looks naturally, im not holding that aginst him).

137. steve

November 8, 2009 at 8:31 pm

Luke just got owned by Dane lol. Read post #123 and on. Wow luke you are honestly out of your league. Go post in a street fight website. Fedor has basic jj skills. wild hooks? records mean nothing. Everything you say is fucking stupid. Let me guess you attend WWE events dont you. Watch a little mma on spikeTV and you think your an expert. Look at Mir. He couldnt sub Wes Sims. Sims got choked out in about 1 and 20 seconds on the TUF show. He didnt want to go to the ground with Big Nog and you still think he is the best at bjj. Fucking comedian. Lets see Mir get a sub over a good ground guy then call him great. We al seen how much of a fluke his sub win over lesnar was in the rematch. Fedor is a beast and if you cant admit that watch his fights that you have never even seen before and then comeback and post something half decent.

138. Luke

November 8, 2009 at 8:40 pm

First of all i live in England! i dont have spike TV. i have followed this sport for years before it was even on TV in my country (the old school video tape sharing is how we did it).

What the fuck has WWE, and Wes Sims got to do with anything i said?

I never said Mir was the best BJJ guy, And your telling me the puch that KO'd AA was not Wild? or the crazy punches that rocked Big Tim were not wild?

Why is it everytime someone has a slight problem with Fedor all these people get really pissed off about it? I cant believe i have to say this again ITS AN OPINION!!!! THE POINT OF THESE THINGS IS SO PEOPLE CAN EXPRESS THEIR OPINION ON CERTAIN SUBJECTS.

139. WHODINI

November 8, 2009 at 9:55 pm

the word your looking for is opine …. lol

140. Ray

November 9, 2009 at 12:54 am

You all talk about rankings and great pound for pound fighter, what about kimbo slice?

Sorry had to bring in some comic relief to ease the Lesnar vs. Fedor tension.

141. Hall

November 9, 2009 at 1:02 am

no shit you guys i can look in the future 2010 around november new ufc champ NOG . I see brock looseing to carwin .carwin looseing to NOG. All you brock lesnar ass kissers please dont be mad at me thats just what i saw when i was in a trance! ha ha

142. Luke says

November 9, 2009 at 1:07 am

Fedor if your reading this please go to ufc and win like you always do and shut these idots for good . Then get the hell out of ufc fast before you become danas bitch!

143. Luke says

November 9, 2009 at 1:14 am

I love you fedor! I know now in my heart that you are the LAST EMPEROR! FEDOR IS THE BEGING AND THE END

144. Luke

November 9, 2009 at 1:58 am

I agree Hall, I saw Carwin taking the title (before the mono/flu/faking? incident). I also agree that we have not seen the last of Big Nog in the title picture. I am a huge fan of Nog and would love to see him take the title for real.

And if the post above is someone attempting to be me, Your level of maturity astounds me.

145. Tim

November 9, 2009 at 5:58 am

Hall can suck my balls!

146. CobraClutch

November 9, 2009 at 6:10 am

I'm sorry, but I don't see Carwin or Nog beating Lesnar right now. I think Brock is just too big. They need a big guy with Jitz (like Mir) to beat him. And if they don't find one soon Brock will get better and better at defending on the ground, and looking at the weak heavyweights from TUF 10 isn't helping the HW division get any tougher, so it might be a long minute before that belt changes waists.

147. Dane

November 9, 2009 at 6:47 am

oh good lord im done with this thread fedor is the man his record and list of people he's KO'd and Submitted say it all he doesnt need me defending him. people can hate on him it doesnt take anything away from his accomplishments because people who have really watched him know his skill and how amazing he is. lol Luke his punches are so wild and sloppy yet they KO everyone he fights.

148. Dane

November 9, 2009 at 6:47 am

maybe he should learn some technique from lesnar in the standup (rolls his eyes)

149. Hall says

November 9, 2009 at 7:18 am

tim i dont know about you but i dont believe i would want another man licking my balls ! that just sounds well you know gay but that my opinion not that i have anything bad to say about gay people! thats your buisness tim

150. Hall says

November 9, 2009 at 7:42 am

cobraclutch wat do you mean brocks to big .Hell carwin 6"5 weighs 265lbs i think it will be a great fight. Im calling carwin to win this one.If brock wins i will shut my mouth about him. Thats even if he decides to fight next year ,you know since he"s got mono or herpes or watever he"s got.I think he wants to hold the belt a little longer before carwin takes it. he will probably come up wid something else next month or for the whole year for that fact.

151. CobraClutch

November 9, 2009 at 8:12 am

ew…remember when that dude on TUF (last season?) had the herpes and they kicked him off the show? sick dude.

but about the lesnar size, yeah, i think brock's too big for pretty much anybody. carwin is way bigger than me, but brock is a beast, and he's got skills too. he'll come into the fight with carwin still heavier than carwin, and way more top-heavy. if carwin had some good jitz to match the wrestling skills, then i'd give him a better chance.

just one person's opinion…hopefully they'll get over the syphilis and get in the cage.

152. WAR SHOGUN

November 9, 2009 at 8:17 am

Hall knowing Lesnar's attitude I dont think hes faking just to hold the belt a little longer. Am sure he knows holding the belt is nothing if you dont defend it. Hes no Cung Lee. Brock is sick and thats a FACT. Mono is not something you can fake dude. Anyway, I think Carwin's only chance is his stand-up. If he cant defend Lesnar's takedown I dont care who you are your not getting up again lol.

153. Dane

November 9, 2009 at 10:59 am

hall u sound like and idiot lesnar has never ducked anyone he faught a former world champion in his first ufc fight. And carwin is not 6'5 lmao. i fucking cant wait until weigh ins so people see how tiny he is gunna look next to lesnar. the ufc is lying about his stats he is 6'1 on a good day and weigh in his last fight at around 250 something. Brock is 6'4 and on his log that he keeps before and after training when hes not cutting weight he is anywhere from 285 to 310 pounds. the size difference is going to shock a lot of people.

154. Dane

November 9, 2009 at 10:59 am

an*

155. Hall says

November 9, 2009 at 11:27 am

War shogun i agree if brock dose take down carwin its all over mor than likely.I hate to admit it brock is a damn good wrestler but im still going for carwin. Dane you write like an idiot. I was simply going by ufc stats so sue me. i dont claim to know everything about mma i just give my Opinion and you know what an opinion is like

156. Dane

November 9, 2009 at 1:39 pm

i apologize for calling u an idiot but i think you will be surprised at the size difference come fight night but with carwins bombs you never know what will happen im really stoked for that fight if it ever happens lol.

157. CobraClutch

November 9, 2009 at 2:31 pm

I agree. Brock is just too big for most people.

158. Luke

November 9, 2009 at 7:29 pm

When did i ever say sloppy? Its wild accuracy (like Mike Tyson). They dont look very technical but they are and the man can generate a huge amount of power, i never questioned Fedor's stand up power or technique, Just his will to test himself against top level competition. Rogers was a great fight for him, a hungry up and comer who was going to be a threat. Fedor passed the test. But when will he test himself again?

159. Dane

November 9, 2009 at 7:54 pm

i agree with you there luke i think he very well may run out of comp in striekforce. alls im saying is right now he deserves to be number 1 but ur right the best comp is in the ufc. isnt his contract only for 3 fights tho? who knows what will happen after that.

160. Luke

November 9, 2009 at 8:31 pm

I'm not entirely sure how the contract works. Strikeforce haven't so much signed fedor but more sold their soul to M-1 Global in return for a few fights.

If Coker signs Barnett (if Barnett can stop roiding) theres a good fight for Fedor. It was going to happen in Affliction so why not. Is it a career defining fight? Not so much as far as Fedor is concerned but more for Barnett.

I think M-1 Global are trying to make the competition chase them. Lets say Fedor wipes out Strikeforce and still doesn't sign with the UFC, M-1 will give Fedor more Fights elsewhere where he will continue destroying people until Zuffa agree to a co-promotion with M-1. That is all its about M-1 Global want their name decorated over every other MMA promotion. If they went it alone in the USA they wouldn't have enough fighters to become a credible MMA promotion. But they have Fedor and are trying to use him as a way of getting there foot through the door without building a promotion. (it stinks of Boxing to me).

161. Tim

November 10, 2009 at 1:42 am

Just for the Record, the Real Tim has not posted anything beyond post 106!! so Hall i did not say suck my balls that was someone else trying to be funny.

162. WAR SHOGUN

November 10, 2009 at 1:51 am

Tim obviously it wasn't you. Some one was not happy about all the Fedor talk lol. Anybody heard about the Marquardt vs. Sonnen fight? I hope is not true, Nate doesn't have to fight him to get to the belt. What more proof do they need? Nates the man!

163. Luke

November 10, 2009 at 2:23 am

If thats true its a large step back for Nate. But its a chance for Sonnen to prove himself in the UFC he's had some hit and miss performances since WEC folded the 185lb division.

But i suppose if Anderson is going to be out of action for a while its always good for Nate to stay active and truly cement his place as #1 contender.