Strikeforce ‘Heavy Artillery’ Robbie Lawler vs Renato Babalu Sobral

Updated: April 30, 2010
strikeforce heavy artillery poster

Strikeforce announced, “Ruthless” Robbie Lawler will take on former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion Renato “Babalu” Sobral in the main event at Strikeforce “Heavy Artillery” on June 16th from the Nokia Theatre in downtown Los Angeles.

1. Trevor

April 30, 2010 at 6:10 am

yawn

2. Miko

April 30, 2010 at 7:47 am

haha Trevor, beat me to it.

3. STEVEO

April 30, 2010 at 3:50 pm

anybody ever notice they dont name lashleys opponent til like 2 hours before the fight

4. Miko

May 1, 2010 at 9:49 am

"On April 5, Lashley confirmed that he will not appear on the card since Strikeforce officials could not guarantee an appearance on the televised portion of the (Strikeforce: Nashville) card due to time constraints."

Really Bobby? You think you're *that* important?

The guy isn't anything to jump up and down about and he

thinks Coker and the boys should be kissing his ass?

Great :/

5. CobraClutch

May 1, 2010 at 11:53 am

He's got a big name, and Shields is leaving for the UFC. He's their Brock Lesnar, and was just on the covers of a couple magazines. He's one of their top 5 stars. Who do they have that the GENERAL public knows about? Maybe Fedor, Hendo, or Mayhem? Only real fight fans know about Overeem, Aoki, Mousassi.

If Coker was smart, we would be kissing Lashley's ass. From the looks of this poster, they arranged to have Lashley on the main card. I wouldn't sweat it. He'll be fighting, and he'll be one of (if not THE) headliner. He's their Brock Lesnar, and still wrestles for TNT, or TNA (whatever T-wrestling organization there is. hahaha) I heard.

6. Miko

May 1, 2010 at 11:11 pm

If he's their Brock Lesnar that's pretty pathetic. I just talked to a friend who's a hardcore wrestling fan and he claims while Bobby was in the wwe people didn't really care about him one way or another. That Must explain his insanely huge crossover following! (uhhhh what?)

I bet it will be just like Steveo said, his opponent will be announced at the last second and I bet it will be some Can.

On a side note, I don't think Bobby could beat any of the top five heavyweights in the UFC.

7. CobraClutch

May 2, 2010 at 7:03 am

I agree with you there, about Bobby not beat a top 5 heavyweight. And just because he's their Brock, doesn't mean he's any good, right? hahaha. He's their wrestling cross-over star. I just got a fitness mag (for free…I didn't buy it!) at GNC while re-stock my supplies, and he was on the cover. There's actually a good article in there on how he's big into nutrition and how many fighters overlook the importance of a great diet. But again, that doesn't make him a great fighter…just in good shape. hahaha.

8. Miko