Strikeforce “Lawler vs. Shields” Results LIVE

Updated: June 6, 2009
lawler-vs-shields-weigh-in

lawler-vs-shields-weigh-in

Strikeforce “Lawler vs Shields” June 6th Live on Showtime at 10pm EST. CageToday.com will have live results starting with the undercards at 8pm EST.

Results after the jump…

MAIN CARD

• Robbie Lawler vs. Jake Shields
    Results: Jake Shields defeats Robbie Lawler by Submission (Guillotine Choke) at 2:02 of R1.
  • Andrei Arlovski vs. Brett Rogers
    Results: Brett Rogers defeats Andrei Arlovski by KO (Strike) at 0:22 of R1.
  • Nick Diaz vs. Scott Smith
    Results: Nick Diaz defeats Scott Smith via Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 1:41 of R3.
  • Phil Baroni vs. Joe Riggs
    Results: Joe Riggs defeats Phil Baroni via Unanimous Decision.
  • Kevin Randleman vs. Mike Whitehead
    Results: Mike Whitehead defeats Kevin Randleman by Unanimous Decision.

PRELIMINARY CARD

• Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante vs. Mike Kyle
    Results: Mike Kyle defeats Rafael Cavalcante via TKO (Strikes) at 4:05 of R2.
  • Jesse Finney vs. Josh Baumgartner
    Results: Jesse Finney defeats Josh Bumgarner via Submission (Keylock) at 1:55 of R1.
  • Tyron Woodley vs. Sal Woods
    Results: Tyron Woodley defeats Salvoder Woods via submission (North/South Choke) at 4:20 of R1.
  • Lucas Lopes vs. Scott Ventimiglia
    Results: Lucas Lopes defeats Scott Ventimiglia via Disqualification (Illegal Knee Strike) at 3:26 of R1.
  • Pat Benson vs. Dave Lehr Cochran
    Results: Pat Benson defeats Dave Cochran via Submission (Triangle Choke) at 2:18 of R1.
  • Booker DeRousse vs. James Wade
    Results: Booker DeRousse defeats James Wade via TKO (Strikes) at 4:06 of R1.

1. steve

June 6, 2009 at 12:30 pm

This card looks badass. Diaz vs Smith. WOW that is gonna be badass. Riggs Baroni. KO cant wait for that one. AA gonna test Rogers and see if he is at all worthy of being called a HW contender. And I am rooting for Lawler by ko. If shields wins it will be a very boring fight.

June 6, 2009 at 1:45 pm

Gina Carano vs Cyborg Santos Aug 15th

I knew Phil would lose

Fuck Kevin Lost damn damn

June 6, 2009 at 1:48 pm

Nick Diaz def. Scott Smith via submission (rear-naked choke)

New it

4. steve

June 6, 2009 at 1:50 pm

Randleman hasnt evolved what so ever and his cardio is terrible. The sport past him by. Riggs played it safe and smart. Great AA is turning into the next Josh Thompson lol. Diaz looked great. Cant wait to see him fight again.

5. CagE

June 6, 2009 at 1:58 pm

Randleman trains with Baroni and Coleman….Hum they need to hire a conditioning coach. Agree with steve, he hasn't evolved in his many years of fighting.

Arlovski's glass chin exposed? Again.

June 6, 2009 at 2:55 pm

No Andrea lost..Fuck i knew that was going to happen..His CAge fightging days are over, He will be a Pro Boxer soon..

WE ALL new sheilds would Sub Robbie fast if you didnt know that you shoulded be on this web site

7. Ian Chase

June 6, 2009 at 3:40 pm

Jesus tap dancing christ. Arlovski gets a big L within 30 seconds. Honestly, I have been following MMA for a while now, and can not think of a bigger surprise than this. Imagine if Kimbo and Brett actually did fight. Slice would still be hospitalized.

June 6, 2009 at 3:41 pm

WOW Daiz vs Anderson for the best 185 middle weight come on..Nick is a badass great stand up, great BJJ and wrestling..good chin and always in shape…Great Showman ship..

e???i

Cage is that true if so hahahha thats a shitty team

9. zalbag

June 6, 2009 at 6:00 pm

Not a bad card however, one of strikeforces best to date

June 6, 2009 at 11:33 pm

for show

11. CagE

June 7, 2009 at 1:13 am

@tom yup thats what they said on the broadcast, i was thinking the exact same thing.

12. Businessman

June 7, 2009 at 1:58 am

Yeah…that whole team, I think they are called "Hammer House"; Coleman, Randleman, Baroni, Brandon Lee Hinkle – they should just all retire right now. Neither of them deserves to go in the cage. They all contributed to the growth of the sport but they are going to get seriously hurt. I have to admit that I was intrigued by kevin's comeback from watching the Tap Out commercial of the mini-film "Redux"…or something like that. I gave him a chance, thinking maybe now he finally grew up and got it…but no. He looked the same or actullay worse. In the past, in when he was bad, his conditioning was never an issue. I don;t beleive he has ever submitted anyone, he has no cardio, no KO power…what can he do?

Diaz looked real good again but he would not mach up well with Spider Silva. Diaz is aggresive and does not punch hard. I really like his style but it would be a good match-up against Anderson.

I was rooting for Andrei. I have seen him train at Overtime Wrestling and he looks great. His problems are mainly mental. He is not mentally strong. His glass chin is also an issue but the reall issue is that he is a mental midget. It's too bad because he has all the physical tools and vast mma knolwedge in many disciplines; wrestling, sambo, jiu jitsu, kick boxing, and boxing. He was initially a sambo guy and with the additional jiu jitsu and wrestling, I can't understand why he insists on slugging it out with guys. He stand-up is technically better than most but I question his strategy, not only in this fight, but when you look at the weekness of opponenets that he has lost to, Sylvia and Brett, it has to be their ground game. i know Sylvia has to know some ground stuff since he is a MFS fighter, but I would prefer to grapple with him than take my chances getting caught by his long reach and heavy hands. The same thing last night. I would have taken Brett down right away. His other problem is that he needs to either become a boxer or stay in MMA. He can't be doing trying to do both. While boxing is a part of MMA and most if not all MMA fighters box, the boxing part is only one part of their plan. I think Andrei is boxing to much and is going into MMA fights thinking like a boxer.

I was happy to see Jake submit Lawler. I really like the Cesar Gracie Team. I will admit that they can be assholes at time but when it comes to their fighting, they are cut out of the same mold – aggressive, move forward, push the fight, and can stand up or go to the ground.

It was a really good show. I enjoyed it. I did not see the fight but was surpreised that Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante lost. Wasn't he undefeated? I look forward to seeing more Strikeforce shows. I am looking forward to seeing Gina VS Cyborg. That should be something. I am picking Cyborg. The only thing that could make it better was if the match took place in jello and I was the ref :)