Tito Ortiz Signs With Affliction, As Commentator

Updated: December 17, 2008
jenna jameson and tito ortiz visit howard stern

Today Affliction MMA announced at its “Day of Reckoning” press conference, that former UFC light heavyweight champion Tito Ortiz has signed on as a commentator for the Jan. 24th Affliction 2 “Day of Reckoning”. Tito will join the play-by-play commentator Sean Wheelock and Jimmy Smith.

“This has nothing to do with me fighting for Affliction … I’ve been fighting for 11 years, so I think I know a thing or two about fighting.”

Rumors of Tito Oritz singing with Affliction as a fighter are false, according to Affliction’s Tom Atencio.

“I’m actually talking to Tito. We have a great relationship and I really like Tito a lot…But he can’t even fight until July [because of recent back surgery], so at this point it doesn’t really make sense for us to talk about anything.

“We hang out, we talk to each other and if eventually he goes with us, great. If he goes back to the UFC, then I wish him nothing but the best.”

Who said Titos mouth wouldn’t eventually pay off?

1. Ryan S

December 17, 2008 at 9:11 am

I can see a lot of his comments being very bias and emotional. I don't think he would make a good commentator.

2. just another mma dud

December 17, 2008 at 9:14 am

This has to be the worst case scenario! He gets to run his mouth without the likelihood that he will have to take a beating in the ring for it! My MMA Christmas wish this year? That Tito never speak again where I have a chance of hearing it.

3. fedor24

December 17, 2008 at 9:59 am

Sounds like Atencio knows how to stir up the pot. With Tito running his mouth Affliction will have the chance to put Tito in the ring with the first guy that goes after him for it. Pretty smart really. Tito is good for one thing. Controversy. Maybe Tito could really make a big splash and piss off Fedor. After that we would never have to hear Tito and fighter mentioned in the same sentence without a good laugh.

4. Oswald Gobblecock

December 17, 2008 at 2:08 pm

This is a bad thing guys.

5. kom34

December 17, 2008 at 2:52 pm

tito as a commentator i'm 100% for. he's well spoken and not a dick when he's not talking about himself.

6. dane drebin

December 17, 2008 at 3:22 pm

im with you kom34 i think tito will bring a lot of character and he seems pretty respectful when hes not fighting someone

December 18, 2008 at 12:22 am

i think tito will be a great commenter ha

8. richaaron

December 18, 2008 at 12:59 am

Tito is a jackass! He alway's has to be in the spotlight. It's kinda like when Elite XC thought that Goldberg would be a good commentator. They pulled the plug on that pretty quickly. I hope Affliction does the same. Welp, I hope my MUTE button is working on January 24th…

9. Mike

December 18, 2008 at 2:19 am

Tito is a tool. I used to like that guy. I lost all respect for him when he talked all that trash about fighting Dana White, and then he didnt show up.

10. roy

December 18, 2008 at 2:44 am

i think he is going to do a real good job as long as he dosn't freeze up

11. STEVEO

December 18, 2008 at 3:04 am

Well its really prolly not that big of a deal since affliction does about one fight a year, so in the grand scheme of things you have to hear him talk what like twice a year. who cares, this isnt even news.

12. loprovideo

July 3, 2009 at 7:16 pm

tito choked, and he sucked, if atencio brings him back it will only hurt the company!

tito clearly couldnt hold it together

he trip over his mouth the whole trip!

embarrassment!

13. other derek

July 3, 2009 at 7:42 pm

wow was that yesterday??????cause really find a new post