TUF 10: Kimbo Slice vs Roy Nelson Preview

Updated: September 29, 2009
TUF 10: Kimbo Slice vs Roy Nelson Preview

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okuitFSEOIc

Its on tomorrow night on Spike as Kimbo Slice finally tests his skills against a veteran fighter in Roy Nelson on TUF 10.

1. Shogun of Harlem

September 29, 2009 at 3:53 am

I used to not like Kimbo, but i am starting to like the guy more. I hope he wins his fight.

2. hall

September 29, 2009 at 4:25 am

I beleave Kimbo learned alot after dat knockout he received maybe he has learned to be humble .HOPE HE WINS!

3. derek

September 29, 2009 at 5:12 am

Agreed. Kimbo "The Bread Hunter" Slice is not a cocky dude at all. He is a really humble guy. If you ever watch his RealityKings.com videos of people taking the "Kimbo tackle" of "Kimbo punch," they are hilarious. You can't blame Kimbo for headlining events. That's not his fault at all. He was mismanaged by Gary Shaw, and it was Shaw's decision to put Kimbo, over many other experienced MMA fighters, as the main event. Kimbo had no say in it whatsoever. Kimbo also never came out and called other MMA guys out; he stayed true to himself and admitted that he had a lot of learn. Even after the first two TUF episodes, Kimbo hasn't caused any trouble or anything; in fact, it's the other fighters who are jealous of Kimbo. Judging by Roy Nelson's radio interview the other day, I think it's pretty clear that Kimbo wins the fight. It also seems like either ROy is kicked off Rashad's team or another TUF fighter gets eliminated, and this is why Roy has to move in with Kimbo. It will be a really good fight tomorrow. It will be all standing. Roy's big fat belly can't survive on the ground. Tomorrow, Kimbo needs to come out like he did in his street fights. If he does, it'll be a quick night.

4. Shogun of Harlem

September 29, 2009 at 5:41 am

i agree with you derek. I dont care that much for Roy Nelsons attitude. He has an arrogance about him.

5. Shogun of Harlem

September 29, 2009 at 5:55 am

I have to admit i was wrong about kimbo. I used to be a big critic of the guy. I really like his work ethic and how he doesnt have a attitude like some of those other guys.

I would like to see Kimbo win the UFC contract.

6. dutch_pride

September 29, 2009 at 6:06 am

i think kimbo trained his ass off last year .

roy nelson got many jiu-jiutsu stuff

and a big ass belly .

i hope kimbo and nelson fights on their feet

cuz then i think kimbo smash his face.

i think kimbo is a fast learner but if he going to give everytin he's going to make te semi-finals

i think mcsweeni en wes sims got a big chance to win

but i want to see that kimbo get the contract

7. steve

September 29, 2009 at 6:18 am

Dont worry about it shogun of harlem there are a LOT of people who thought the same thing you did and talked shit about me for defending Kimbo. He is simply a fighter. He likes to fight and he does it to support his family. He doesnt run his mouth about anyone unless he is provoked from everything I have seen and I can cheer for a guy like that.

8. roy

September 29, 2009 at 7:06 am

i remember you getting alot of shit for backing kimbo when he first came into mma.

9. sy

September 29, 2009 at 7:28 am

i like kimbo and i raly want him to beat nelson in a bad way i think his attitude stinks and he massivly overates his self i dont imagine he has many fans

10. WHODINI

September 29, 2009 at 9:13 am

wow they got me excited .im torn on who i think wins..one way or the other it should be good .. Roys not bad if he wants to be ..

11. derek

September 29, 2009 at 9:14 am

i agree with all of you. kimbo has never called out anyone. except when he got called out first….. and this was by brett rogers at the elite XC post-fight press conference. but keep in mind that gary shaw fixed that referee and the fight. that had nothing to do with kimbo. kimbo never went to james thompson and say — hey, let's keep it standing.. that was all gary shaw, who is a fucking scum. he was terrible for boxing, and he pretty much scarred MMA with his elite XC bullshit.

12. T.R.

September 29, 2009 at 9:29 am

roy is more well rounded —- in the freaking belly. I can't stand that dudes attitude. I hope kimbo pulls off the upset or at least gives him a hell of a fight.

13. WHODINI

September 29, 2009 at 9:53 am

upset huh ? i like that

14. Jay

September 29, 2009 at 10:26 am

Roy hung in there with a top fighter like Arlovski and he is definately better than Tank abott. So I think kimbo has his hands full. I mean Cmon he does have more experience than kimbo in MMA

15. asdf;lkj

September 29, 2009 at 10:32 am

Just leaked on the internet!!! Roy wins!!!

16. WHODINI`

September 29, 2009 at 10:55 am

i think he should fight Sean Gannon next

17. King kong.

September 29, 2009 at 11:17 am

he is fighting Seth.

18. Tim

September 29, 2009 at 1:07 pm

Kimbo is in the UFC per Dana himself see yahoo sports for more details….Kimbo wether he wins the right to fight for the contract will fight in December in the finale. I am thinking against Seth Petruzelli although dont count on it unless seth sign soon. I still predict Kimbo beats Nelson. I hated Kimbo before but now that he made the wise decision to go on TUF he has earned my respect for just trying and i love his demeanor on the show so calm and relaxed almost a teach me sort of vibe i learn quick. Kimbo will be good for the ufc ratings although unless he can prove he has overall game it will be bad for the sport and he will never be able to go up against the big boys as in Gonzaga, Velasquez, Carwin or Lesnar.

19. Dingo

September 29, 2009 at 2:31 pm

I'm sure he did the show just to earn your respect Tim.

20. Tim

September 30, 2009 at 12:28 am

I am sure he did too, Dingo…just like he said he wanted to earn the respect of every MMA fan worldwide and be taken seriously as a MMA fighter.

21. dane drebin

September 30, 2009 at 7:29 am

kimbo went on the show because thats the only way dana would let him in the ufc

22. Ryan S

September 30, 2009 at 7:54 am

The more I see Kimbo the more I can tolerate him. He has a good work ethic when it comes to his training and he seems like a sponge. Steve may owe us all a big "fuck you guys" and "I told you so" if Kimbo does pull it off.