UFC 100 Video: Georges St-Pierre Ready For Thiago Alves

Updated: July 6, 2009
UFC 100 Video: Georges St-Pierre Ready For Thiago Alves

Fox Fight Game: GSP is ready for Thiago Alves, no matter where the fight at UFC 100 ends up.

1. Jay

July 6, 2009 at 7:07 am

I think there is more pressure on GSP because he has the belt and he knows he's fighting his toughest opponent yet in Thiago alvez. I wont to see how alves can do on the ground against GSP if he is able to nuetralize GSP's ground game

July 6, 2009 at 7:15 am

I think GSP will take Alves down and pound on him for 3 rounds and get the sub late in the 3 or 4 by TKO or Sub

3. Ryan S

July 6, 2009 at 7:24 am

I don't think it will be that easy Tom. GSP will probably bring him down, but I think both will take a beating on the feet. I am curious to see how Alves's ground game is. I like them both, but I'm hoping for Alves's hand to be raised.

4. sy

July 6, 2009 at 8:10 am

great fight but i think gsp is defo looking for the sub in this 1, my prediction is as long as gsp dont get ko'd he will win the fight but im still abit sus about his chin, not that its weak but serra did ko him and alves hits like?????????well alves and thats pretty hard- go gsp i think he would be a better champ

5. zack

July 6, 2009 at 9:16 am

Agreed Ryan S and sy. I hope Alves wins as well. By a brutal KO. I want to see GSP out cold and stiff. That would be SWEET!!!! Because, GSP is the biggest douche bag.

6. Al

July 6, 2009 at 9:27 am

yea people say he doesn't make excuses after he losses…but all he did after the hughes loss was say that he was his idol and got nerves and couldn't perform, and after the serra loss, he said he had personal family issues. AND he tapped from strikes from Serra; that makes you the biggest bitch in my book. And I hate that french canadian accent. Not that I hate french canadians tho…respect.

7. Jay

July 6, 2009 at 10:16 am

For some reason my gut is telling me that alves will knock out GSP

8. other derek

July 6, 2009 at 10:55 am

i'm so glad people agree that gsp is a fucking bitch! and a greaser lol

9. Kash

July 6, 2009 at 11:36 am

I guess everyone like an underdog. GSP seemed like Mr. Perfect in everyones eyes until after GSP/Penn II. I just want a good fight. I personally hated that Alves came in grosly overweight when he fought Hughes and if Hughes wasn't such a cocky prick he would have taken that seriously. I'm hoping GSP knocks him out.

10. zack

July 6, 2009 at 12:09 pm

Totally agreed, Al. I couldn't have said it any better.

GSP is the bitch of all bitches. I hope Alves rips GSP's head off.

11. Mike

July 6, 2009 at 12:59 pm

Kash; 4lbs isn't grossly overweight, and as i recall hughes came in 1lb over too, and he had a bad ankle as i recall so couldn't do his usual treadmill workout.

I'm rooting for Alves in this one purely due to the fact that GSP is a greasy annoying little bitch.

12. Porsche930_Pilot

July 6, 2009 at 1:22 pm

Calling George a greaser is total BULLSHIT!! Penn was just out classed, shit everybody knows Penn didn't stand a chance on the ground or on his feet and to keep bringing that same old bullshit up is old. Get the fuck over it. He'll win this fight bet on it.

13. Kash

July 6, 2009 at 1:35 pm

You're right Mike. I thought he was 177 for some reason. At least he didn't take a diarretic to make the weight. It's going to be a good fight but my bet is on GSP.

14. dchap

July 6, 2009 at 1:46 pm

I think Alves' only chance of winning is if he can stuff GSP's takedowns. I'm not sure if he will be able to do that though. Nobody has come even remotely close to stopping his takedowns. I know alves is bigger and stronger than his previous opponents but GSP trains with evans, jardine, & marquardt. All those guys are bigger than alves and I hear that many of those guys struggle with stuffing his takedowns. I'm pulling for GSP. Should be a good fight.

I agree with Porsche930_Pilot. BJ never stood a chance. GSP said if need be, he would fight BJ again and wear a rashguard. I think that would be fun to watch.

15. Jay

July 6, 2009 at 2:11 pm

Man guys this GSP Vs. Alves fight is really perplexing. Alves stuffed Matt huges take downs. But matt looked out of it. GSP shoots so lightning quick for those double leg take downs. GSP has so much control on the ground even Jon fitch said he was amazed at how GSP used his hips and movement back and forth.

July 7, 2009 at 1:17 am