UFC 102 Couture vs Nogueira Results LIVE

Updated: August 29, 2009
couture vs nogueira

couture vs nogueira

UFC 102 “Couture vs Nogueira”, August 29th from the Rose Garden Arena in Portland, OR.

Headlining the card is two great match-ups, Randy “The Natural” Couture will take on submission specialist Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira in a heavyweight contendership matchup. Also, Keith “The Dean of Mean” Jardine will look to return to his winning ways against Thiago Silva in the nights co-main event. No titles are on the line on this card, but don’t be fooled, the main card is filled with some quality matchups.

CageToday.com will have live results of the event starting with the undercard at 8:30 EST, with the PPV to follow at 10:30 EST.

MAIN CARD

• Randy Couture vs Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
    Result: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira defeats Randy Couture via unanimous decision. (30-27 x2, 29-28)
  • Keith Jardine vs. Thiago Silva
    Result: Thiago Silva defeats Keith Jardine via KO (punches) at 1:35 of R1.
  • Chris Leben vs. Jake Rosholt
    Result: Jake Rosholt defeats Chris Leben via submission (arm triangle) at 1:30 of R3.
  • Nate Marquardt vs. Demian Maia
    Result: Nate Marquardt defeats Demian Maia via KO (Right Punch) at 0:21 of R1.
  • Krzysztof Soszynski vs. Brandon Vera
    Result: Brandon Vera defeats Krzysztof Soszynski via unanimous decision. (30-27 x3)

PRELIMINARY CARD

• Ed Herman vs. Arron Simpson
    Result: Aaron Simpson defeats Ed Herman via TKO (Injury) at 0:17 of R2.
  • Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Chris Tuchscherer
    Result: Gabriel Gonzaga defeats Chris Tuchscherer via TKO (punches) at 4:27 of R1.
  • Mike Russow vs. Justin McCully
    Result: Mike Russow defeats Justin McCully via unanimous decision. (29-28, 30-26, 30-27)

• Tim Hague vs. Todd Duffee
    Result: Todd Duffee defeats Tim Hague via KO (punches) 0:07 in R1.
  • Nick Catone vs. Mark Munoz
    Result: Mark Munoz defeats Nick Catone via split decision. (28-29, 30-27, 29-28)
  • Evan Dunham vs. Marcus Aurelio
    Result: Evan Dunham defeats Marcus Aurelio via split decision. (29-28, 28-29, 30-27)

Randy Couture vs Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Video
Keith Jardine vs Thiago Silva Video
Chris Leben vs Jake Rosholt Video
Nate Marquardt vs Demian Maia Video
Brandon Vera vs Krzysztof Soszynski Video
Todd Duffee vs Tim Hague Video
Ed Herman vs Aaron Simpson Video

1. whodini

August 29, 2009 at 2:20 pm

i was glad to see jardinr go down …and leben might as well retire …go to work at kfc or somehing …i wasnt happy… and then there is brandon (yawn put you to sleep ) vera …i did think maia would have mafe it a longer than he did …

2. steve

August 29, 2009 at 2:43 pm

Marquardt looks better than ever and deserves a rematch with Anderson for sure. Leben just isnt an elite fighter. But man do I love his style and attitude. Like Wanderlei. Balls to the wall. Maia is a joke for stand up and showed why BJJ champs dont dominate in the ufc. Big Nog looked great. Randy looked slow and old. He cant take a punch anymore. He needs to retire.

3. kom34

August 29, 2009 at 3:39 pm

i don't think Hendo is a lock for silva next so after this performance Marquardt might get his shot. he could probably fight next month he didn't even break a sweat.

i thought couture / nog might be boring but it was my favorite fight of the night. both of those guys are legends.

4. T.R.

August 29, 2009 at 4:13 pm

nate the great did look …. great. I would love to see him and hendo fight for a #1 contenders spot. WIth both coming off of impressive knock out victories. And Todd Duffee — damn what a jab.

Randy did look a little stiff to me but he's such a warrior. Nog looked better in this fight than he did against Mir. If he was really that sick before the Mir fight then I would like to see them rematch just for the hell of it.

5. hosan

August 29, 2009 at 7:51 pm

I was unable to call who would win for most of the fights cuz i thought they were so evenly matched. Nog and Couture was great. Both guys took huge shots, but it wasn't just an all out brawl. I'ts hard to say anything about maia vs marquardt. Maia went for a shot at the wrong time and was punished for it by an incredibly strong middleweight fighter. I honestly had jardine to beat silva because it's been a while for silva to fight, but he showed me. And how the hell was the vera fight boring? He showed off some superior movement in the cage tonight and showed Krzysztof Soszynski what fighting a real mma fighter is like. And that's the truth.

I agree that marquardt should fight Hendo for the #1 spot at anderson.

Leben has always been "meh" imo and he's like nick diaz in the aspect that he never wins against somebodies, only against nobodies.

6. hosan

August 29, 2009 at 7:54 pm

also how much of a doucher is duffee? I can't wait to see him get the shit kicked out of him by a main card fighter.

7. Mac

August 30, 2009 at 1:01 am

I do not think Couture needs to retire, he certainly looks slower than in the past, but that was a great fight that went the distance. No huge surprises though.

I would think that the UFC would want to set up a Koscheck vs. Leben match-up before sending Leben to the minors. There was serious bad blood between the in TUF 1, and that makes for a fun bout, and probably a large purse.

August 30, 2009 at 1:46 am

good fights..if vitor wins, nate vs vitor for anderson…

aaron simpson should fight jake r…

chris looked liked shit..

brandon vs john jones, could be good

9. steve

August 30, 2009 at 2:00 am

Nate vs Vitor. Hendo vs Wanderlei. Thats what I would like to see a MW toruney to determine #1 contender. That way the guy who wins is on fire. Vera is a boring fighter. I dont like to watch him fight. He hasnt looked good since he fought frank mir. Nick Diaz has beat many top guys hosan. He needs to be back in the ufc. If he could only quit smoking weed and focus on fighting he would be top 5.

10. Kash

August 30, 2009 at 8:38 am

I think Nate vs Hendo would be a great fight to determine the next challenger for Anderson. But to tell you the truth I'm impatient so I would like to see Hendo he a shot soon.

I'm looking at the poll on the right and Fedor not signing with the UFC really hurt his impression. People here think Rogers is going to win. I have to admit Rogers has a size advantage but I don't think he's going to win.

11. Mac

August 30, 2009 at 9:06 am

Hong Man Choi had a weight advantage of close to 100 lbs. and a reach advantage of 8 inches, but we al know how that ended.

12. gg

August 30, 2009 at 9:20 am

LoL i like how 2 people voted brett rogers via submission

August 30, 2009 at 10:03 am

that's funny ha

14. Joey

August 30, 2009 at 12:00 pm

One of those votes was mine. I think Rogers is going to win by flying gogoplata.