UFC 102 Video: Dana White Confirms Signing Of Nogueira’s Bother “Lil Nog”

UFC President Dana White talks about UFC 102 “Couture vs Nogueira” with the Oregonian. Also, UFC to Hawaii, fighting at Fenway Park, no hate for Boxing, Network TV, global expansion, free tv in Mexico, and the signing of “Lil Nog” Antonio Rogerio Nogueira.

1. krage

August 27, 2009 at 3:52 am

I want to see Coture vs. Anderson Silva

2. Balendin

August 27, 2009 at 4:15 am

the only reason Dana wants simple weights is so that he can stack all his fighters and not worry about it.

BAD business.

more weights = more big fights = more big names.

LHW – HW needs some change.

3. Al 2.0

August 27, 2009 at 5:13 am

I think if we get into to many weight classes though it could make the divisions scarce and we'd have guys jumping all over the place….that being said…

I liked this interview Dana did. I'm glad ufc has little nog, and I'm glad he is interested in Mousasi. It sounds like Anderson Silva is going to get some interesting fights coming up…elite LHW, maybe some HW's and defending the MW belt…? He could go down as the best MMA ever.

4. krage

August 27, 2009 at 5:38 am

well said Al. too many divisions take away from the prestige of being champ. like boxing, there are so many classes and title holders its almost like bring enough gum for the whole class

5. Oswald Gobblecock

August 27, 2009 at 7:46 am

I'd rather see Anderson fight Machida, Rampage or Rashad over Randy. I would expect him to beat Randy just cause Chuck beat him 2 out of 3 times and Anderson is better than Chuck was in Chuck's prime so it woulnd't be a big deal but Rampage or Machida would mean something!

6. fedor24

August 27, 2009 at 10:10 pm

Best interview I have ever seen Dana White do. I am glad He isn't interested in splitting the heavyweight division into 2. Lesnar is the exception when you talk about the really big guys who have to cut to get to 265. Most "super" heavys are not that athletic and are actually at a disadvantage in speed and cardio. No since in further diluting a rather shallow division. A big event in Fenway would be awesome. It would be like the old Pride days in Japan..