UFC 106 “Ortiz vs Griffin 2″ Results LIVE

Updated: November 21, 2009
forrest-tito

forrest-tito

UFC 106 “Tito Ortiz vs Forrest Griffin 2″ live Nov. 21 from the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, NV.

Making his UFC comeback, Tito Ortiz will take on Forrest Griffin for the second time in the main event. Also, Anthony “Rumble” Johnson must get past Josh Koscheck on his road to a UFC welterweight title shot.

CageToday.com will have live results starting with the undercard around 8pm EST. The Pay-Per-View portion of the card to follow at 10pm EST.

MAIN CARD

• Forrest Griffin vs. Tito Ortiz
    Result: Forrest Griffin defeats Tito Ortiz via Split Decision. (28-29, 30-27, 29-28)
  • Anthony Johnson vs. Josh Koscheck
    Result: Josh Koscheck defeats Anthony Johnson via Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 4:27 of R2.
  • Paulo Thiago vs. Jacob Volkmann
    Result: Paulo Thiago defeats Jacob Volkmann via Unanimous Decision. (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)

• Luiz Cane vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
    Result: Antonio Rogerio Nogueira defeats Luiz Cane via TKO (Punches) at 1:56 of R1.
  • Phil Baroni vs. Amir Sadollah
    Result: Amir Sadollah defeats Phil Baroni via Unanimous Decision. (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)

PRELIMINARY CARD

• Marcus Davis vs. Ben Saunders
    Result: Ben Saunders defeats Marcus Davis via KO (Knee) at 3:24 of R1.
  • Kendall Grove vs. Jake Rosholt
    Result: Kendall Grove defeats Jake Rosholt via Submission (Triangle) at 3:59 of R1.

SPIKE CARD

• Brian Foster vs. Brock Larson
    Result: Brian Foster defeats Brock Larson via TKO (Strikes) at 3:25 of R2.
  • Fabricio Camoes vs. Caol Uno
    Result: Caol Uno and Fabricio Camoes declared majority draw. (29-27, 28-28, 28-28)
  • Jason Dent vs. George Sotiropoulos
    Result: George Sotiropoulos defeats Jason Dent via Submission (Armbar) at 4:36 of R2.

Event Notes

• Fight of the Night 70k bonus goes to Josh Koscheck and Anthony Johnson
  • Knockout of the Night 70k bonus goes to Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
  • Submission of the Night 70k bonus goes to Josh Kosckeck

Ortiz vs Griffin 2 Fight Video
Josh Koscheck vs Anthony Johnson Fight Video
Luiz Cane vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira Fight Video

1. STEVEO

November 20, 2009 at 2:30 am

it seems like 106 is destined to not happen

2. roy

November 20, 2009 at 2:48 am

dam was phil on the main card the whole time or did they bump them up?the 2 fights on the preliminary card look better.

3. CobraClutch

November 20, 2009 at 3:30 am

The fight is tomorrow, STEVEO, how is it destined not to happen?

4. CobraClutch

November 20, 2009 at 5:41 am

how is this destined to not happen? it's going on tomorrow night. did you hear of something on another site?

5. rory

uno

george s

9. Kash

November 21, 2009 at 11:15 am

Griffin

Kos

Volkmann (you've got to be a badass to debut on the main card with the ring name "Christmas")

Lil Nog

Sadollah

10. rory

November 21, 2009 at 12:59 pm

competing in bjj myself watching george s was a thing of beauty his ground game looked amazing and davis got knocked the fuck out

11. junior

November 21, 2009 at 2:32 pm

can someone please give me a link to the lil nog fight i wanna see it so bad

12. rory

November 21, 2009 at 2:34 pm

damn lil nog looked good. give him winner of silva vs evans!

13. rory

November 21, 2009 at 3:48 pm

ortiz looked good until the third round, god knows what he was playin at in the third he didnt throw a punch until the last minute. And i dont think griffin won that 30-27 i had ortiz winning the 1st and 2nd.

14. steve

November 21, 2009 at 3:54 pm

Man I thought Tito won the first 2 rounds. I think he won but we have ALL seen worse decisions to say the least. Koscheck did what I thought he would. I really dont get why Baroni is in the ufc. He really doesnt even do good outside of the ufc. Rogerio did awesome. Cant wait to see him fight a serious contender. Not that Cane isnt a dangerous fighter. I would like to see him against maybe Jardine. The winner of rashad vs T. Silva would be alright aswell but I think that winner will either fight a returning rampage or the true champ Shogun Rua wh will beat Machida again this time by tko.

15. steve

November 21, 2009 at 3:55 pm

Seriously though how did the 1 judge give it a 30-27? Just pathetic.

16. Aldo Raine

November 21, 2009 at 3:59 pm

I thought Ortiz won that one. I thought damage was about the same but I thought Tito took the first two rounds and Forrest took the third. However in the first fight I thought that Forrest won. I would love to see a third….I thought it was a good entertaining fight.

17. T.R.

November 21, 2009 at 4:20 pm

I wanna see kos and hardy fight now. they are both cocky. it would be fireworks i think.

18. Oswald Gobblecock

November 21, 2009 at 5:16 pm

"Seriously though how did the 1 judge give it a 30-27? Just pathetic."

19. steve

November 21, 2009 at 10:55 pm

Or maybe he just doesnt know how to judge a fight.

20. Dave

November 22, 2009 at 12:04 am

Is that Bruce Buffer's lesbian sister in the backround of the photo on top? She wears too much makeup.

21. Rondo

November 22, 2009 at 1:16 am

That had to be the weakest pay per view I have ever seen. Dana can't talk shit about what some of the other shows put on after he puts on that shit.

22. rory

November 22, 2009 at 1:38 am

i stil think hardy should get the title shot, put koscheck against swick

November 22, 2009 at 3:08 am

i would much rather see KOS vs GSP and hardy vs Anthony

24. XV2W

November 22, 2009 at 5:01 am

I was waiting for some complaining from some douche…..Rondo was the douche. Dont like it dont watch it. Wasn't a lot of big names on the card but I thought there was some pretty good fights.

25. Ross

November 22, 2009 at 5:29 am

i agree Xv2W, Some crackin fights last night.

Amir beating phil baroni up was fun to watch, Sotiropoulos submission was a thing of beauty (should have got sub of the night)

Little Nog debut was good

Kos v Rumble was a great fight expect for all the poking

and even the main event was entertaining

and that plastic paddy got knock the F$$k out too

What wasnt to like.

26. markstraining.com

November 22, 2009 at 5:58 am

Just seen the fight. Tito is one of my all time favourites, but I think Forrest winning was the right result. Untill the third round I think tito was doing good, but in the last round he got dominated.

27. rory

November 22, 2009 at 8:10 am

forrest's lack of knockout power is starting to really stand out. I cant see him being a contender anymore

28. granitepanic

November 22, 2009 at 10:18 am

Tito won first and second round, forrest may have won third round 10-8. Should have been a draw!

29. Tim

November 22, 2009 at 11:15 am

I saw the fight either way except for round 3 all griffin but i just dont like Tito or griffin so that fight was all about who i dont like most which is why i am happy tito lost. He always has to make exscuses for his losses and boast himself….

30. Ryan S

November 22, 2009 at 12:23 pm

I thought it turned out to be a really good card. I think Tito won both the first and second round 10-9, but the third he lost 10-7. That third was pathetic. I didn't think he looked as good as normal from the begining though. I thought his shots were kind of slow. Did the trick though. I hated his bitching afterwards. Does anyone know if he really had a "cracked" skull? I don't understand why he was cleared to fight if that was the case.

31. hosan

November 22, 2009 at 1:16 pm

First round I give to griffin due to the fact that during the standup game, griffin dominated, but even when tito got forrest to the canvas he didn't inflict enough damage and forrest got back up where he ruled the standup a little more before round's end. Round 2 is obviously tito. He kept him down longer and did more damage. round 3 was hilarious.

32. Miko

November 22, 2009 at 1:29 pm

wtf is up with the judges?

one says 29-28 grifin. ok that one makes sense,

the other one says 29 -28 ortiz… umm no 'cuase that would mean tito won two rounds and there's no friggin way he won round three and he didnt do enough to take round one.

and the other judge says 30-27 griffin… also insane.

there's NO WAY griffin won all three.

WTF are these Judges smoking? who's bribing them?

Judging has been disgusting for quite a while now and I think Keizer needs to clean house and fire some of these idiots.

33. Miko

November 22, 2009 at 1:35 pm

One more thing.

RONDO:

What the hell do you want them to do?

everyone is either injured or sick or just had a fight.

Get back to us with the card you think would be so great

and make sure that everyone you want on the card

could actually be there.

DONT mention people that are scheduled to fight within the next few events or had a fight in the last few weeks or are on medical suspension…..

I'm waiting :)

34. Scooby-Doo

November 22, 2009 at 4:32 pm

i had tito in round 1(close thou) and 2, 3 went 2 griffin a entertaining fight. The pre fights on spike were also entertaining. If they do a three put it on the pre fights.

35. steve

November 22, 2009 at 7:00 pm

for oswald gobblecock: (“Seriously though how did the 1 judge give it a 30-27? Just pathetic.”

Maybe it was the same judge that gave Tito all 3 rounds in the 1st fight and he was feeling guilty.)

This is Dana breaking down the fight. I love how he says "The 30-27 score is outrageous," White said. "It's insane." Yet when I say it on a post that the score is crazy someone that is just a Forrest fanboy speaks and tries to act like it wasnt a big deal. Love how people cant watch a fight without bias and have no real clue what was going on. Both fights were close and if you think Forrest clearly won either your an idiot.

36. Miko

November 23, 2009 at 12:16 am

"your an idiot"

Hahahaha self owned

37. STEVEO

November 23, 2009 at 2:08 am

I am a forrest fan, the only way I could see that fight going in forrests favor is IF (and a big IF) tito won the first two 10-9 and forrest won the third 10-8 and I don't think he did enought to win the third by two. Can't let it go to decision, these judges prove time and time again that THEY DON'T HAVE A FUCKING CLUE! its just unfortunate, i would rather see both fighters get a draw than one fighter get fucked over bad.

38. rory

November 23, 2009 at 3:06 am

"i would rather see both fighters get a draw that one fighter get fucked over bad"…very true but will never happen

39. Hall

November 23, 2009 at 6:54 am

tito and forest fight had to be like that so we can pay to see the best out of three fights. I figured it would be like this its starting to sound like we are watching a show instead of an event, shows are made for the people watching and twisted for the people watching so that we will come back for more. It seems lately all deceisions in ufc suck hell ,I was going for forest but I just dont see how he won.I know he lost the first two rounds. Third round Forest deffinetly won.

40. steve

November 23, 2009 at 3:38 pm

The first round of the last fight was as 1 sided a round as you will ever see. And it wasnt ruled a 10-8. So I dont see how the 3rd round in this fight could have been. Forrest won the 3rd and lost the first 2. But the first fight could have gone either way. And whats crazy is forrest said he went back and watched the first fight and he saw that he lost. Even though he thought he won after the fight was over. I think the first fight was much closer than this one. Again terrible judging and Miko for you to act like there is no way forrest lost just makes you look very very stupid and an obvious Tito hater. Let me guess your favorite fighter is Chuck Liddell.

41. Ryan S

November 23, 2009 at 10:22 pm

I don't know Steve, I thought it was extremely close again, but I was pretty certain that Forrest won it. Only because of that third round though. I thought Tito was just that inactive that I figured it 10-7. He really didn't do or try much, including counter punching.

42. roy

November 24, 2009 at 2:20 am

no way was the 3rd round a 10-7 or even a 10-8 yeah forrest clearly won that round because tito did nothing but its not like forrest just beat him bloody or was doing heavey damage on him.

43. Nate Fury

November 25, 2009 at 3:42 am

Who should Rich Franklin fight next? Keith Jardine, Chuck Liddell or Tito Ortiz? Remember Rich got the decision on Wandy, but Jardine was KO'ed by Wandy. Would be a good fight between Rich and Jardine I think. Both Rich and Chuck got the decision on Wandy. Chuck and Rich would be a good fight as well. Rich and Ortiz have the most common opponents out of the 3. Both fought Shamrock, Belfort, Machida and Wandy. Rich going 2-2 against common opponents, while Ortiz went 5-1 (including 3 wins against Shamrock).