UFC 107 BJ Penn vs. Diego Sanchez Results LIVE

penn-sanchez

penn-sanchez

BJ Penn will once again will put his UFC lightweight title on the line against an always entertaining Diego Sanchez at UFC 107 “Penn vs. Sanchez” set for Dec. 12 at the FedEx Forum in Memphis, Tennessee. Also, in a sure to be entertaining fight, Cheick Kongo will try to get past former UFC heavyweight champion Frank Mir in the co-main event.

UFC 107 preliminary card fights get started around 7pm EST with the PPV to follow at 10pm EST.

MAIN CARD

• BJ Penn vs Diego Sanchez [T]
    Result: BJ Penn defeats Diego Sanchez via TKO (Cut) at 2:37 of R5.
  • Cheick Kongo vs. Frank Mir
    Result: Frank Mir defeats Cheick Kongo via Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 1:23 of R1.
  • Jon Fitch vs. Mike Pierce
    Result: Jon Fitch defeats Mike Pierce via Unanimous Decision. (29-28 x3)
  • Kenny Florian vs. Clay Guida
    Result: Kenny Florian defeats Clay Guida via Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 2:19 of R2.
  • Paul Buentello vs. Stefan Struve
    Result: Stefan Struve defeats Paul Buentello via Majority Decision. (29-28, 29-28, 28-28)

PRELIMINARY CARD

• Alan Belcher vs. Wilson Gouveia
    Result: Alan Belcher defeats Wilson Gouveia via TKO (Strikes) at 3:03 of R1.
  • Shane Nelson vs. Matt Wiman
    Result: Matt Wiman defeats Shane Nelson via Unanimous Decision. (30-27 x3)

• Ricardo Funch vs. Johny Hendricks
    Result: Johny Hendricks defeats Ricardo Funch via Unanimous Decision. (30-27 x2, 30-25)
  • Lucio Linhares vs. Rousimar Palhares
    Result: Rousimar Palhares defeats Lucio Linhares via Submission (Heel Hook) at 3:21 of R2.
  • Edgar Garcia vs. DaMarques Johnson
    Result: DaMarques Johnson defeats Edgar Garcia via Submission (Triangle) at 4:03 of R1.
  • Kevin Burns vs. TJ Grant
    Result: TJ Grant defeats Kevin Burns via TKO (Strikes) at 4:57 of R1.

Event Notes

• UFC 107 drew a reported 13,896 fans for a total gate of $1.5 million+
  • Alan Belcher and Wilson Gouveia earned 65k for “Fight of the Night”
  • DaMarques Johnson earned 65k for “Submission of the Night”
  • TJ Grant earned 65k for “Knockout of the Night”

UFC 107 Videos Here…

1. CagE

December 12, 2009 at 6:01 am

Penn

Mir

Guida

Struve

Fitch

2. Dane

December 12, 2009 at 10:38 am

penn

mir (but i hope kongo KO's him)

florian

fitch

struve

gouveia

wiman

hendricks

palhares

johnson

burns

3. Hall

December 12, 2009 at 12:30 pm

Im going for Diego but probaly BJ will win . I got Congo on RAGED ASS Mir. Hell I been drinkin the last two days I didnt know Paul Buenotello was even fighten in the UFC I hope Paul wins this first fight back in the UFC. If he wins this I would love to see him fight Kongo or posible Carwin. UFC keeps pulling these kind of fighters ,Tim I believe I will shut my big mouth. Yall probaly dont like Paul but I think he's prety danm good

4. GG

December 12, 2009 at 12:55 pm

where can i watch this fight online 4 free someone give me a site!!

5. Ross

December 12, 2009 at 1:02 pm

Im so excited for BJ Penns fight, hope he wins by KO. I like Sanchez but BJ Penn is one of my Fave fighters to watch so cant go against him. Also want Kongo to hurt Mir but i think Mir will win sadly.

6. GG

December 12, 2009 at 1:10 pm

nvm found one :D w00t

7. James

December 12, 2009 at 1:18 pm

CG so whats the link to watch it online???

8. Hall

December 12, 2009 at 1:36 pm

Bull shit I had Paul on that one I guess Im a monkeys ass

9. Ross

December 12, 2009 at 1:40 pm

struve won the 1st round 10-9, Paul won 2nd 10-8 and

Struvce won 3rd 10-9 so should have been a draw.

Hall how could you score that for a Buentello win?

10. Hall

December 12, 2009 at 2:47 pm

I am a monkey dick sucker tonight!

11. rory

December 12, 2009 at 2:48 pm

mir walks the walk

12. Tim

December 12, 2009 at 2:53 pm

Mir walks with a horshoe up his ass…big time, he beat Kongo big Fucking Deal lets see him beat Cain, Dos Santos, Carwin, Couture, Nog when he isnt sick and than maybe we can start saying Mir walks the walk.

13. Ross

December 12, 2009 at 3:48 pm

Now who is BJ Penn meant to fight? :)

Superb performance and made the number 1 contenter look average.

14. TartanTorpedo

December 12, 2009 at 3:50 pm

Awesome display by BJ, Sanchez looks like he's just been in a car crash. That head cut is nasty.

15. Tim

December 12, 2009 at 4:18 pm

BJ is great but that just goes to prove how good GSP is as he dominated BJ and i mean full on Dominated him and yet BJ says he wants a rematch…come on cry baby stay at your weight class were you obviously belong as you dominated that division. Sad but true BJ cant move up in weight as he will get dominated so i dont know if we will ever see someone in his weight class beat him.

16. jon

December 12, 2009 at 4:21 pm

MIR rocked,and BJ is a animal.dego go's 2 the bottom of food chain like kenny.PS that cut was sick.

17. corey

December 12, 2009 at 5:14 pm

i agree with tim bj is a great fighter and the fact that gsp make bj look like sanchez looked tonight speaks on his level of talent. but i would love to see bj fight gsp again.

i'd like to see mir fight carwin then lesnar. they should make that happen. he already beat nog and cain can't lay on a bjj guy.

18. CagE

December 12, 2009 at 5:14 pm

Penn has razor shins, cut stoppage a little disappointing.

19. fino

December 12, 2009 at 5:15 pm

BJ is untouchable at 155.

20. CagE

December 12, 2009 at 5:16 pm

Mir backed up his mouth, with a easy win over Kongo.

21. CagE

December 12, 2009 at 5:18 pm

BJ needs to give Maynard or Edgar a title shot, then move up and pick up some interesting fights at 170. Diego hasn't changed a thing since this TUF days. Charging strikes >> Take Down >> Pass Guard >> Strike from the mount and wait for the back to sink in the rear naked choke. Sanchez vs. Kenny next?

22. YC

December 12, 2009 at 8:56 pm

lol i thinks its funny, did anybody else see how the ufc marketed BJ and Sanchez? they pumped up Sanchez like crazy, lol it was even all over the 107 trailer it was all Sanchez on it. they just laid BJ's name back while marketing this fight. its just funny to me cuz the real fight fans new Sanchez would have nothing to answer with against BJ's skills, and the ufc tried so hard to market him a chance. but i guess he hung in ther right?

23. PoppyNick

December 13, 2009 at 1:53 am

Tim you are correct that GSP dominated Penn but I don't think it would happen again. I don't care what anyone says the first time they fought Penn beat him. Second time he was destroyed but I still don't think that GSP is a better fighter than Penn. Yes Penn was dominated but it's one fight and we all saw how BJ trained for that fight.

24. ballcrusher

December 13, 2009 at 3:08 am

Lets face it Kongo was never that good he will be leaving the UFC soon and the worst part is he made Mir look better than he is

Penn has no one left in his division but he still cant compete with the best 170 lbs group he should retire on top

Mir would still get destroyed by Lesnar again and even Nog who had a staff infection when he fought him and remember what Vera did to him and that guy cant even win at 205 now

25. Aldo Raine

December 13, 2009 at 3:20 am

I dont care what you say Mir looked amazing. He ran through Kongo. I dont think Kongo is that bad of a fighter and Mir made it look easy. I would like to see him vs nog again.

26. GG

December 13, 2009 at 5:19 am

I knew frank mir would win but not like that i was impressed. Diego needs 2 find a better camp what a horrible gameplan and he looked scared the whole time backing up. I knew bj would win but i thought diego was gonna put up a fight. It made me sad watching clay guida lose i love that guy.

27. Tim

December 13, 2009 at 5:24 am

Mir’s goal is to get up to around 280 pounds, when his previous best conditioned weight was between 240-252.

“I want to get to where I’m cutting 15-20 pounds just to make 265 pounds,” said Mir, regarding his goal for the Lesnar showdown. “That’s going to take some time. But that way I’ll be the same size he is. I may not be quite as strong as he is, but I’ll be strong enough to neutralize his strength, and then it will come down to who is the better technical fighter. He will never be as technical a fighter as I am because he started too late.”

Now how stupid can you be, you say on live TV i may not be as strong as he is but i will be strong enough to neutralize his strength…WTF again there goes dumb ass

MIR condradicting himself. The guy will never ever be as strong or even close to being as strong as Lesnar, you either have it or you dont and Lesnar has it not to mention he is alot faster than MIR on overall movement.

Kongo isnt a great fighter and he lost like i though he would, Mir also says he deserves to be number one contender ahead of Velazquez.?? Why because he LOST to Lesnar and than he beats Congo…so he is on a 1 fight winning streak…WTF, in my eyes MIR is at the bottom of the list as once you lose to the champ you go back to the bottom no matter who you beat in your next fight, Mir needs to fight Duffee next and than if he beat him Dos Santos, than Velasquez and than Nog again and depending upon where that ends up than he gets a title shot at whoever is champ as i dont think we will be seeing Lesnar fight again if not at least for a year.

I just cant stand Mir, sure he has talent but he is full of shit and thinks he is Gods gift to MMA and believes he is better than everyone and shows no respect for his opponents and deserves every beating he gets one thing is for sure he doesnt deserve to be in the title pic anytime soon.

28. Jay

December 13, 2009 at 5:29 am

How the fuck do you get cleared to fight with a staf infection?? Your the commission and the doctors cleared nog to fight with a staf infection and all of you are saying that nog was not 50% when he fought mir. ??????????

29. zac

December 13, 2009 at 7:26 am

tim your a fucking douche bag…you cant give any fighter you dont like any props…mir had a very good performance and you cant even say anything good about his win but bring up lesnar and nog being sick like you always do and write some ten thousand word paragraph about something…bj is one of the best fighters in the world and prolly the best all around fighter and all you do is bring up gsp…gsp is way bigger than penn and penn still hung in there til the 4th…i hope when you go overseas on your orders you get ass raped by some arab or blown the fuck up by a car bomb you fuckin fag

30. Duroflex29

December 13, 2009 at 9:13 am

Tim, I think you're way off about Mir. He's just one of those fighters who talks a bunch of shit to get in his opponents head, just like BJ Penn. Then when he fights he backs it up and is classy whether he wins or loses. The unfortunate thing is that you let what he says get under your skin and you can't just enjoy the fights of a talented guy.

That said, Zac, you should be ashamed of yourself for wishing harm on a soldier going to defend his country. Because you disagree with his OPINION on a fighter??? Who's the real douche-bag in this picture?

31. AFRAIDOR MILLIONERKO

December 13, 2009 at 9:56 am

AMEN. Tim, my family and I appreciate what a sacrifice is made by all our soldiers, to afford us the lives we live and the freedoms we have…just like sitting here and ranting and bitching about people who fight each other for our entertainment. Zac…NEVER EVER FORGET to take your meds!…Ass-rape?! Really?!…That's the first place your mind goes?…WOW!

32. ballcrusher

December 13, 2009 at 12:25 pm

Kongo could not even beat heath herring everytime the ufc gives him a chance to move in line for contention he blows it

he will be leaving for strikeforce soon after recieving walking papers from ufc

33. ballcrusher

December 13, 2009 at 12:26 pm

cain has no knockout power can not finish opponents or submit mir against cain would be good

34. Al

December 13, 2009 at 12:38 pm

cain finished rothwell – obrien – morris – stojnic in the ufc

ballcrusher fail

35. Tim

December 13, 2009 at 1:13 pm

Thanks everyone for backing me up, zac you should just be happy that i fight for the right for you to talk shit or wish harmfull things upon others. Because the places i have been and have seen, even the slightest look could kill you not to mention trash talking so be lucky you live in a country of freedom of speech because without myself and all the other marines, soldiers etc your ass would of been killed by now.

I still stand by my opinion that Mir is a great fighter but overrated and thinks he is Gods gift to MMA. Come on who in there right mind would say they deserve the next title shot because of the way they beat the guy…um you just lost to the champ so that means you go back to square one, nice win against kongo but lets see him win his next 3 fights against top level talent than we may consider him next in line for a title shot.

Bottom line Mir got his ass handed to him by lesnar and he is embarrased by it and wants revenge to prove himself that he has gotten better which i admire but at the same time i cant help but laugh…Lesnar was only 60% of his potential and strength when he fought Mir according to the doctors so if Lesnar comes back and lets say at or even better than 60% wouldnt that basically mean that lesnar used only 60% of his overall health to beat Mir and the next time around he could be at 80 or 100 %…so you could technically say that at that time Lesnar could Kill Mir in the cage because he basically KHTFO in there last fight and left him a bloody and swollen mess at only 60% of his potential.

I really want to see Mir fight Carwin, Velasquez and Nog again as i honestly dont see him beating any of them but than again a focused Mir is a dangerous Mir, i dont like him but the guy can fight.

36. Nichole Lesniak

December 13, 2009 at 1:18 pm

Why do all the Lesnar-lovers always forget that Mir beat Lesnar first?

37. turd submarine

December 13, 2009 at 1:52 pm

because it will never happen again he caught a submission on a guy who was green and was his second pro fight. mir can put on as much muscle as he wants lesnar will always tool him.

38. AFRAIDOR MILLIONERKO

December 13, 2009 at 3:05 pm

AAAAAAAND let's not forget that the ref saved Mir's ass just seconds before that (or was it twice?) in the 1st fight, and Lesnar leapt 5 feet across the ring with Mir holding onto his leg like some kid holding onto a Macy's Parade float.- FAR FAR FAR from dominating and lucky to get out of there that night w/ a win over a very green Lesnar on his 1st ever UFC fight…..That's why most people are quick to discount their 1st fight.

39. Dane

December 13, 2009 at 3:24 pm

i dont discount the win. a wins a win but do i think mir will ever beat mir again? HELL NO. Mirs gunna need a lot more than 20 pounds to change the outcome of that pummelling brock put on him. brocks been wrestling at a high level since a little kid and developed an amazingly strong core when his muscles were young and developing. Mir will never be able to do that no matter how much he weight trains. Lesnars got mirs number short of lesnar comming in weighing 212 pounds from all the weight hes lost from this sickness.

40. Dane

December 13, 2009 at 3:25 pm

*ment to say do i think mir will ever beat brock again*

41. Jay

December 13, 2009 at 5:11 pm

But you guys are forgetting that brcok can still make a mistake and On any given night any man can win and Mir is not a exception

42. Ryan S

December 13, 2009 at 9:33 pm

Good call on the weight loss Dane. If he is down and out for a long enough time, you know when he gets healthy he will want to fight right away, but he will have lost weight and muscle mass. I agree with Tim that Mir is overrated, but I think he could beat Lesnar again. Is it likely, absolutely not, but I wouldn't completely count Mir out. Anyone could get caught in a submission, no matter how strong, fast, or good of a wrestling base they have. Mir says Lesnar won't be as technical because he started training too late, well I think the same could be said about Mir's strength and conditioning. Lesnar's been working on it almost all his life. Bottom line, if there is a Lesnar/Mir 3, I would watch it.

43. Ryan S

December 13, 2009 at 9:35 pm

By the way, Tim, I hope you do NOT get ass-raped by anyone in Afghanistan. I hope you return safely to your family unraped. I think Zac is kind of a dick head and an idiot for saying such ridiculous things. If anything, I hope you ass-rape your mission there. I mean that as a good thing.

44. Tim

December 14, 2009 at 10:25 am

Thanks man and i agree its all about the money and that fight would garner millions again but if Mir loses before this the fight is dead in the water at this point. Word is that Lesnar has lost 30lbs but i cant find a credible source to confirm i doubt he has lost that much but i am sure he has lost alot of strength and muscle mass but given the timeframe for his return if he does he will have at least 6 months to train which is plenty of time to get most if not more out of his training. It will be intersting to see what happens and like him or hate him from a humanity perspective you have to wish Lesnar all the best in his recovery and going forward, the man is the beast nad was dealing with this sickness for over a year and was fighting at just 60% of his potential.

Nowone can count a fighter out but based upon facts you have to solely give Lesnar the edge in a 3rd fight.

If Mir would only keep his mouth shut i would respect him more as how can you respect a fighter who begins the trash talking and wishes harm upon his opponents.

Happy Holidays to all…

45. Nichole Lesniak

December 14, 2009 at 11:27 am

Ryan S:

You can't really compare Lesnar's inability to be technical to Mir's strength and training. One is a matter of skill, one is a matter of working harder.

@Tim:

My husband had a surgery similar to Lesnar's. Post-op, he had zero appetite for a solid month. He lost 15lbs in the first week. It is absoutely possible for Lesnar to have lost that kind of weight. On top of it, his muscles will start to atrophy from lack of use. His body has a lot of recovering to do before he can even THINK of training again. Six weeks after my husband's surgery, he got winded walking from the front of the supermarket to the back. Granted, my husband's surgery was a bit more serious, but that just tells you what Lesnar is up against. That being said, I am FAR from a fan of his, but I wish him all the luck in the world in recovering.

46. Ryan S

December 14, 2009 at 9:46 pm

Nichole, I'm just comparing both of their strengths. Mir has the skill, Lesnar has the strength, conditioning and wrestling. In the first fight, the skill prevailed, but in the second, the latter did. I could see the fight going both ways, I think Lesnar has more odds though.

47. Nichole Lesniak

December 15, 2009 at 12:49 am

But to say that Lesnar can gain the skill, but Mir can't gain the strength is kinda backwards, no?

I'm just saying don't count Mir out. Bigger fighters have fallen to smaller ones. Look at Sylvia/Fedor!

48. Tim

December 15, 2009 at 4:03 am

You right never count a fighter out but you cant just gain super human strength over a few months time, the kind of strength Lesnar possess has been built upon for years and years, he has such great core strength due to his 25 plus years of wrestling experience the natural strength and wrestling base can not be learned or developed over a short period of time you either have it or you dont and i think that is the factor in a 3rd fight, Lesnar is still going to be able to take Mir down at will and will still be able to use his wrestling to keep him down sure Mir may be stronger than he has been previously but in what aspect your going up against a national champion wrestler who wieghs 280 come fight time plus and is superiorly faster, stronger in overal movement of the body. Mir has a better chance this time but not much has changed except if Lesnar does return and at what level and wieght, they say he was using only 60% of his overal ability during the last year he fought, so if he can come back at that or better i say Mir will again go down to defeat.

49. Nichole Lesniak

December 15, 2009 at 9:38 am

Your body can only go so far (unless you're on steroids of course) when it comes to strength, whether you've been training for 5 years or 20 years. There's just a ceiling that you hit. However, skill/technique RELIES on extended time and training. And considering that Lesnar is starting in his 30's, he can't compete with Mir when it comes to training.

I don't particularly like Mir (great fighter, but a jerk personally), but he said something not that long ago about fighters' excuses that they're not at "100%". What fighter ever is? It's just an excuse.

50. BigJon

December 15, 2009 at 10:27 am

come one nichole dont be a lesnar hater haha anyone who thinks mir stands a chance against lesnar who watched ufc 100 is out of their minds… ive read your stuff your smarter than that. Lesnars technique will get better and better… frank mir is never going to get half as strong as lesnar and as long as lesnar stays healthy frank will never beat him again. Also the lesnar that beat frank at ufc 100 is better than any frank mir could ever hope to be and lesnar is only gunna improve. end of story.

51. Ryan S

December 15, 2009 at 12:26 pm

Nichole, you should know I am not a Lesnar fan yet, hell I've gotten into it enough with Tim. However, we saw at UFC 100 that Lesnar now knows how to use his strength, wrestling and conditioning to neutralize Mir's jiu jitsu, and he didn't just lay and pray, he knocked him out. Mir would need several years (realisticly, with no vitamin S, I would say like 3 or 4 years) to gain enough muscle mass to neutralize Lesnar's strength.

52. Dane

December 15, 2009 at 1:53 pm

i gotta disagree ryan i dont think 3 or 4 years would make a difference haha im with BigJon on this one lesnar is just a different kind of animal. Mir doesnt have the genes to ever be as strong as lesnar. its like taking a lab and a pit bull. the lab can gain all the weight it wants and even be heavier but it aint ever gunna be as strong as the pit bull.

53. Ryan S

December 17, 2009 at 11:31 am

I can't accept that Dane. If he knows how to train his body, he already has the genes, he naturally is a big guy. Size isn't his issue, knowing how his body reacts to different weight training programs is what he needs. Besides, you don't have to be as strong as someone to neutralize strength. Either way though, time will tell.

54. Dane

December 17, 2009 at 12:07 pm

uh well im sorry YOU cant except it but weight training will never give frank the wrestling strength brock has. I know multiple time state champions who never liftyed a weight in their life. Ive seen muscle bound freaks come into judo class and get thrown around like bitches by pot bellyed little dudes. brock's been picking people up and picking hay bails up on the farm his entire life he has a core strength engrained in him from such a young age when his body was developing. ya franks a big guy he said he cuts from about 270 now. brock cuts from 310. the difference is brocks not only 40 pounds heavier he has a lot more fast twitch muscle fibers. his genetics and his wrestling have gave him an edge that i dont see mir ever overcomming. its cool tho man if there werent people like you how would i make my money betting against frank in the rubber match. frank got manhandled at ufc 100 and brocks not just gunna stop training and let frank get stronger than him lol good luck with that.

55. Ryan S

December 17, 2009 at 12:49 pm

Well, once again, I never said anything about overpowering or out-wrestling. I said nautralize. You can make up your own facts about how quick or how effective training programs can be, but if he could find the right methods, he could reach that goal. People with a professional fitness background could argue this back and forth.

56. Ryan S

December 17, 2009 at 12:53 pm

Not to attack you personally or anything, this is just my opinion, that it could be done on a STRENGTH level. If you are creative enough, anything can be a strength training exercise.

57. Dane

December 17, 2009 at 1:27 pm

i respect your oppinion and anything can happen but i jsut dont see mir ever being as strong as lesnar and i think most would agree with me.

58. Ryan S

December 17, 2009 at 9:11 pm

Personally, I don't think he will either. I think you're right about that, I was just saying that it was possible. I think he would have to put his fight training on the back burner to do it in that amount of time, but that would be stupid considering he is a fighter. I think he should just concentrate on his skill and try to win that way.