UFC 110: Mirko Cro Cop vs Ben Rothwell

Updated: November 6, 2009
cro cop mirko ufc99

cro cop mirko ufc99

Looks like Mirko Cro Cop will stay true to his word and finish his current UFC contract. The Croatian fighter is expected to take on “Big” Ben Rothwell on the main card of UFC 110 on Feb. 20 at the Acer Arena in Sydney, Australia.

Cro Cop (25-7-2) is coming off a disappointing verbal submission loss to Junior dos Santos at UFC 103. He continues to state that a mental block is the reason preventing him from being the great fighter he was in PRIDE and has since seeked psychiatric therapy.

Rothwell (30-7) was welcomed into the UFC by heavyweight contender Cain Velasquez at UFC 104. The former IFL standout was floored by a fire storm of punches from Velasquez, forcing Steve Mazagatti to step in and halt the fight at 0:58 of the second round. The stoppage was met with criticizing from fans and well as Rothwell who stated, “I was climbing back to my feet and unless he drops me or my eyes roll back in my head, the fight shouldn’t be stopped in that situation,”

For the latest on UFC 110, check out our UFC Rumors section.

1. Random Name

November 6, 2009 at 4:32 am

DECISION LOSS????? How could you forget Cro Cop quit on his feet? The only "decision" was that Crop Cop decided to give up and not fight anymore. Spelling Errors in the last paragraph, AND your facts aren't straight. Come on, guys, get it right! At least read over your articles before submitting. GEEEEEZZZZZZ.

November 6, 2009 at 6:41 am

lets go big ben

3. Random Name

November 6, 2009 at 7:07 am

one more to fix, Cage Today….it's "met with criticism…" not "met with criticizing"….you know you millionaires can just pay me to make you look professional you know. hahaha.

4. Dane

November 6, 2009 at 9:31 am

even as shitty as crocop has been looking he was on a 4 fight unbeaten streak before losing to dos santos and i think he has the toold to beat rothwell.

5. LT

November 6, 2009 at 11:17 am

I don't think he's too old to beat rothwell. I think he has no heart left. That's why he'll lose.

6. BJJ Brown Belt

November 6, 2009 at 11:27 am

At this point, Cro Cop is being a smart businessman. He knows that his fights are limited but he is making all he can before he retires. The reality is that he should have retired when his first UFC contract expired. I think he has 1 win since and about 3 or 4 loses. He quit in that last fight and quit against Overeem. I was a big Cro Cop fan during the Pride days and I respected what he did then. He was a scary opponent. Even though you knew it was coming, you just did not know when, and next thing you wham, his oponent is out. But now, I think he needs to step out and retire before he gets seriously hurt or just continues to embarass himself. Ben is gonna kill him. Ben is to big and strong.

7. Dane

November 6, 2009 at 12:29 pm

kongo and dos santos are both horrible matchups for crocop i dont think rothwell will outstrike crocop