UFC 113 Machida vs Shogun 2 Results LIVE

Updated: May 8, 2010
lawlor-severn

Photo Courtesy of CombatLifestyle, check out the full gallery here.

UFC 113 “Machida vs Shogun 2″ – Live May 8th from the Bell Center in Montreal Quebec Canada. There first fight ended in controversy as fan’s and experts called foul on the judges decision to give the fight to Lyoto Machida. Now the two fighters will face each other once again and settle the score, Muay Thai vs Karate.

Also, super wrestler Josh Koscheck will try to defend his place in the UFC welterweight division against the hard hitting Brit Paul Daley. Don’t forget about Kimbo Slice, he will be taking on fellow TUF 10 fighter Matt Mitrione.

MAIN CARD

• Lyoto Machida vs. Mauricio “Shogun” Rua
    Result: Mauricio “Shogun” Rua defeats Lyoto Machida via KO (punches) at 3:35 of R1.
  • Paul Daley vs. Josh Koscheck
    Result: Josh Koscheck defeats Paul Daley via unanimous decision. (30-27 x3)
  • Jeremy Stephens vs. Sam Stout
    Result: Jeremy Stephens defeats Sam Stout via split decision. (30-27, 29-28, 28-29)
  • Kimbo Slice vs. Matt Mitrione
    Result: Matt Mitrione defeats Kimbo Slice via TKO (punches) at 4:24 of R2.
  • Alan Belcher vs. Patrick Cote
    Result: Alan Belcher defeats Patrick Cote via submission (rear naked choke) at 3:25 of R2.

PRELIMINARY CARD

• Joe Doerksen vs. Tom Lawlor
    Result: Joe Doerksen defeats Tom Lawlor via submission (rear naked choke) at 2:10 of R2.
  • Marcus Davis vs. Jonathan Goulet
    Result: Marcus Davis defeats Jonathan Goulet via TKO (punches) at 1:23 of R2.
  • TJ Grant vs. Johny Hendricks
    Result: Johny Hendricks defeats TJ Grant via majority decision. (29-27, 29-27, 28-28)
  • Joey Beltran vs. Tim Hague
    Result: Joey Beltran defeats Tim Hague via unanimous decision. (30-27, 30-26, 29-28)
  • Yoshiyuki Yoshida vs. Mike Guymon
    Result: Mike Guymon defeats Yoshiyuki Yoshida via unanimous decision. (30-27 x3)
  • Jason MacDonald vs. John Salter
    Result: John Salter defeats Jason MacDonald via TKO (Ankle Injury) at 2:42 of R1.

Event Notes

• Dana White on Paul Daley “He’s done. I don’t [care] if he’s the best 170 pounder in the world. He’s never coming back.”
  • Dana White on Kimbo “probably his last fight in the UFC” later clarifies “[Kimbo] definitely cut”
  • Shogun wins $65,000 for “KO of the Night”
  • Alan Belcher wins $65,000 for “Submission of the Night”
  • Jeremy Stephens and Sam Stout wins $65,000 for “Fight of the Night”
  • 17,647 were in attendance in Montreal
  • $3.27 million live gate

UFC 113 Video’s HERE

1. CagE

May 8, 2010 at 2:35 am

Shogun, Daley, Stout, Kimbo, Belcher, Lawlor, Davis, Grant, Mexicutioner, Yoshida, MacDonald

2. GG

May 8, 2010 at 5:39 am

aa

3. GG

May 8, 2010 at 5:40 am

Shogun/Kos/Stephens/Mitrione/Cote

4. GG

May 8, 2010 at 5:42 am

Either way ill get more than cobra right :D hehe jk. Just that u have been off lately. Dont pick Shogun plz I want him 2 win :D

5. CobraClutch

May 8, 2010 at 6:28 am

You're probably right, GG! hahahaha. I haven't been very good at predicting fights lately. :)

6. Nick

May 8, 2010 at 6:59 am

Shogun, Daley, Stout, Kimbo, Cote.

Shogun by Flying Gogoplata

Daley by Doom Punch sending bleached hair to front row.

Kimbo by having another fist under his beard.

7. choke333

May 8, 2010 at 10:12 am

Machida (KO in 3), Kos (RNC in 2), Stout (decision), Mitrione (KO in 2), Cote (decision).

8. CagE

May 8, 2010 at 3:02 pm

Anyone care to comment about Daley's sucker punch? or Kos's acting?

9. GG

May 8, 2010 at 3:28 pm

4/5 not bad great fights were really exciting. Yea Daley is a poor sport that was just stupid. Oh and how about that knee it looked like it didnt hit kos. It was badass when shogun knocked out machida w00t.

10. CobraClutch

May 8, 2010 at 5:32 pm

Daley shouldn't have sucker-punched Kos, but I understand that it's pretty frustrating to have some douche bag writhe around like a soccer player, only to be perfectly fine. And this is the 2nd fight in a row Kos did this shit. He did it last time against Rumble Johnson, too. Kos is a piece of shit, and I can't wait for GSP to control and pound him for 25 minutes.

But…on to a big time fighter…Shogun. WOW! I thought that Shogun would be more aggressive in this fight, not wanting it to go to another decision, and that tactic could play right into Machida's counter-punch style. Boy was I wrong! I'm glad that since I've been a Muay Thai guy first in my practice before Jitz or anything else, that Muay Thai reigned supreme over Karate (once again).

Best part of all of this: We can now see a realllllly good fight between Shogun and Silva!!!

11. CobraClutch

May 8, 2010 at 5:50 pm

And remember when I said Kimbo was walking on two broken stilts and Mitrione should just chop him down then boom? And I got shit for that, because I didn't "saw" Kimbo train for the fight?

Well…apology accepted.

12. 10inchWang

May 8, 2010 at 6:23 pm

Dry humping your way to victory does not constitute well roundness. GSP vs KOS II Joy

13. 10inchWang

May 8, 2010 at 6:27 pm

I don't condone Daley's actions, but Dana White was just showing off for ESPN when he cut Daley and Kimbo. Both are going to be nice additions to strikeforce. If he holds to his words.

14. tazke

May 8, 2010 at 9:23 pm

CC, I remeber you saying that. You got it right on the button, good call. Mitrione is a strange guy but clearly put in the work to learn those awesome leg kicks. Kimbo, WTF dude you have proven your a good guy of decent character, stop the MMA dreams, not happening. You are getting to the embarrassing stage.

I like Koscheck, did great, good for him. I agree wrestling can get boring but it’s MMA. It clearly works and he is clearly a very good wrestler. So, get over it. Hey, learn some takedown defense. Seriously WTF is some guys game plan? “ I will knock them out and if they out wrestle me, I will just complain that wrestlers suck”, “uhm yea good plan except you lost” “but, wrestlers suck and are boring” “ok well have a nice life” As far as Daley's actions, he did say he was going to punch Josh in the face. IDK if I would cut him either, heat of the moment actions by Dana in my opinion. I would tell him get cut or forfeit his pay to Josh, and a public apology to Josh, UFC and fans.

I still like Machida, really like his fighting style. I bet this mornings piss was exceptionally bitter. Congrats to Rua though and lets see Anderson and him fight now.

Last thing, Hey stoner Joe why no GSP impression last night? That is some funny stuff!!

15. CobraClutch

May 9, 2010 at 12:49 am

strong post, tazke…great job.

I also agree with Wang…These guys didn't need to be cut, and all Dana did is make Strikeforce a little bit better today.

16. CobraClutch

May 9, 2010 at 1:07 am

I was 3 for 5 on the main card (Kos, Mitrione, Belcher).

And 1 for 6 on the prelims.

So that's 4 for 11…I am terrible at picking fights. Hahaha. At least I nailed the Kimbo loss, though, but that was child's play.

Great job, Shogun. Well done.

17. PoppyNick

May 9, 2010 at 2:24 am

I went 7-4….5 for 5 on the main card. Shogun looked great, Daley and Kos both jerkoffs in my opinion.

18. Miko

May 9, 2010 at 2:59 am

Yeah cobra I'm sure fabio is rushing in here to say he's sorry after you attacked him for his poor English skills.

By the way, how many languages do you speak and write?

19. jay

May 9, 2010 at 3:22 am

I think GSP had been doing more dry humpin than Koshcheck. And when he fights Kos again you guys can expect another dry humping performance by GSP. But GSP humps better!!

20. CobraClutch

May 9, 2010 at 3:43 am

Miko…relax. you don't have to take up everyone else's fight against me. I'll subpoena your ass for cyber-stalking if you keep being obsessed with me. hahaha.

And by the way…I read and write three. So suck it, for trying to think you know me, and trying to show me up, Mr. Keybaord warrior.

It's mother's day. Go say hi to your mom, tell her you love her, thank her for raising you, and don't worry about what I write on a message board, OK? :)

21. fabio

May 9, 2010 at 3:53 am

i know my english isnt the best .

but why the hate.?

rampage vs shogun 2 is gonna be epic

22. Miko

May 9, 2010 at 5:18 am

3? LMFAO sure ya do buddy, sure ya do.

23. CobraClutch

May 9, 2010 at 6:20 am

Dude. Why are you such an ass? You don't even know me, and I tell you to relax and have a good day, and you won't stop. Your obsession with me is pretty sad. Not looking good for you. But yes, 3 languages. English, Spanish and Chinese. Don't believe me, I don't really care. Have a wonderful day. It's the weekend. Go outside and relax.

24. Miko

May 9, 2010 at 7:25 am

I'm just throwing back all of the annoying shit at you that you've been trowing at people since you started coming here.

When you stop being a dick I'll stop being an ass. Deal?

25. CobraClutch

May 9, 2010 at 7:40 am

Always gotta have the last word, Mr. Cage Today board policeman. hahaha. I'm done with you, little boy. You aren't worth my time. Go ahead…say something else…you know your ego can't resist.

26. jay

May 9, 2010 at 9:54 am

How in the world did Forrest beat Shogun???????????????????

27. CobraClutch

May 9, 2010 at 9:57 am

ring rust, jay.

28. Miko

May 9, 2010 at 10:04 am

Oh please, like its my ego that needs to be put in check.

I've seen you play last word dozens of times. Of course I cant resist, you're being a dick to people and I like putting people like you in their place.

You call people on here keyboard warriors when you yourself are just as guilty of being one. Funny how that works, Now that you're on the losing end and you realize that a bunch of people here hate you, you call me the board policeman as opposed to a retard like last time when I wasn't even talking to you…

Btw I'm not going to let up. As long as you act like a dick I'll be all over you. you're my new pet project.

the only way I'll stop is if Cage deletes what I post or sends me an email asking me to stop… and considering you even been a dick to him, I doubt he'll do anything as long as I don't curse you out….. like you've done to me and several others.

OR

Stop being a dick and taking pot shots at people and I'll back off.

29. Miko

May 9, 2010 at 10:14 am

Actually I take it back.

Even though I would totally annihilate you and I'd probably have a nice corner of cheerleaders I'm not going to bother. I'm gonna' go do something positive instead and hang out with my son.

It's ok Cobra, you can go back to being a know it all prick on the board without repercussion from me.

But something tells me you'

ll get flack from others anyway. You're still a dick, I bet you have no friends and have an empty life and being on here makes me just as much as a shithead as you so I'm out of here.

You're not worth my time

30. jay

May 9, 2010 at 10:43 am

You know they say that the dog that Barks never bites. So out of you 2 guys which one is that Dog.

31. CobraClutch

May 9, 2010 at 2:05 pm

Who cares, Jay? I'm done with this kid. He has some issues. Serious ones. Just read the ranting. Wow. Anyways…on to better things…like the topic of this post…

Cage, do you have access to the payouts anymore? Remember when you used to post the payouts and bonuses? It would be interesting to see what some of these fighters made. Especially Kimbo, Shogun, and Machida.

32. CobraClutch

May 9, 2010 at 2:23 pm

Actually, I will leave Miko with a little bit of advice. You say you have a child. You spent Mother's Day arguing with someone you never met before, and presumptively assuming you know all about, on a message board of a blog. Think about that. Your child is being raised by YOU. Your child learns, not just by what you tell him, but what you SHOW him by your actions.

If you want to be a good role model and example for your child to follow, and I'm a complete dick, then teach your son how to not be a dick like me…don't act like me yourself. That's not any kind of example for a father to set. I'm not a father. But you are. You should rise above the pettiness, because you have someone to raise, to instruct, and to care for. And yet your "pet project" is some dude you never met before (and don't know anything about) on the message boards, and sticking up for other people you have never met before (and don't know anything about). And by doing so, you're behaving in the exact manner that you're accusing me of doing. Think about that. Go and raise your son, Miko, and don't worry about what I post, or anything like that. You have more important things to worry about than what "CobraClutch" posts on CageToday.com.

33. jay

May 9, 2010 at 3:12 pm

Great cobra Clutch1 Now lets all be friends and smoke a joint and have a beer

34. CobraClutch

May 9, 2010 at 3:29 pm

Sound good to me! hahaha.

35. Ryan S

May 9, 2010 at 9:23 pm

This site is great! MMA news AND parenting advice! AWESOME!!!

36. Miko

May 10, 2010 at 6:28 am

heh, you're done with me but you HAD to get on your soapbox one last time and try to goad me didn't you?

Go fuck yourself Cobra I'm not biting

You're still an asshole, take a bow

37. CobraClutch

May 10, 2010 at 7:24 am

Wow. Stay classy, man. Stay classy.

38. Miko

May 10, 2010 at 7:56 am

thanks :D I learned it from you

39. CobraClutch

May 10, 2010 at 8:20 am

/ thread

40. Ryan S

May 10, 2010 at 8:57 am

Do you both realize that no matter what, both of you will try to get in the last word? You both keep doing what you claim the other does. And why don't we let that be the last word.

41. PoppyNick

May 10, 2010 at 10:58 am

Cobra, you are way out of line bro. You are out of bounds talking about someone's kid and how they raise them. Guess that is easy to do though when your running your mouth via keyboard and too a screen. I'm a father myself of two boys so you saying that to Miko got under my skin a bit being a parent myself.

I'm sure I'll get a post back similar as to how I stick up for people I don't know….oh well. I guess that just makes me a decent person because I'm not a fan of dickheads who think it's okay to run shit on others but can't handle it themselves.

If you don't have kids yourself and not a parent then let me give you some advice. Don't tell others how to raise kids because you know NOTHING about it bro.

42. CobraClutch

May 10, 2010 at 1:05 pm

Shoosh. You two should get a room. You know nothing about me, so you're just as guilty. And all I said was positive shit. So you two can suck it. Talk about MMA. Don't worry so much about me. Piss off.

43. Ryan S

May 10, 2010 at 9:13 pm

I love the maturity level.