UFC 114 “Rampage vs Rashad” Primetime Airs Tonight On Spike

Updated: May 12, 2010
UFC-114_PRIMETIME

Quinton Rampage Jackson and Rashad Evans take the war of words to primetime. Premieres tonight at 11pm EST The Ultimate Fighter.

1. fabio

May 12, 2010 at 7:39 am

WAR RAMPAGE!

2. WHODINI

May 12, 2010 at 12:51 pm

been waiting for this one …. finally they are gonna let it happen

3. CobraClutch

May 12, 2010 at 1:20 pm

I'm picking Rampage…he's just bigger, and his jaw is too damn big. Hahaha. But the wild card for me is Rashad taking him down and dry humping Rampage into a point-win decision. I think he knows if he can't stand Machida's punches then he's not going to take Rampage's. Rashad will try to take him down and eek out the win there. Rampage training in England…the home of no ground game and no wrestling…is only helping that game plan. If Rashad stands with Rampage, though…nitey nite, Sugar…thanks for playing.

4. hosan

May 12, 2010 at 1:29 pm

i completely disagree with you cobra. Rampage is a lot stronger, but rashad's hands are so much faster. Also Rashad has some better movement. It's a close fight and I'm intrigued, but I don't favor either fighter heavily here.

Also Rampage might have some ring rust issues.

5. CobraClutch

May 12, 2010 at 1:42 pm

We shall see in a couple weeks, right?

My prediction:

– Rampage if it's standing

– Rashad if it's on the ground

Final: Rampage by KO

6. jay

May 12, 2010 at 3:43 pm

Page was the real deal in pride. but the problem is only relies on his punching. No Kicking, No trying for take downs, No submission attempts. He is always looking for that homerun Just like Chuck used to. In my opinion page is predicable. Forrest fought a smart fight by utilizing leg kicks and staying away from that big power. Rashad can fight this fight the smart way and out fit him and use his wrestling and cardio. But on the other hand If rampage connects On Rashad its lights out.

7. hosan

May 13, 2010 at 11:58 am

rampage has some wrestling skills. he loves the slams and ground n pound.

8. jay

May 13, 2010 at 1:04 pm

Yeah when did he ever use His powerful slams in the ufc?? In Pride he was famous for them

9. dane

May 13, 2010 at 4:30 pm

i think its wierd people give rampages wrestling no credit after seeing him beat dan henderson in a five round war where he controlled the wrestling. rashad was out wrestled by tito… i dont think rashad is gunna put on a take down clinic by any means. this fight will be won on the feet. rampages aggressive boxing vs rashads counter punching should be awesome to watch. i hope rampage wins.

10. Ryan S

May 13, 2010 at 9:23 pm

I think it is too close to call with any certainty, but I would say Rashad, just based on his speed. They both have knock out power, and they have both been knocked out. I could definately see either on winning though.

11. fabio

May 13, 2010 at 9:43 pm

lyoto is not known for his heavy hands,…

12. Poppynick

May 14, 2010 at 2:35 am

I just hope Rampage knocks him out….clean out.

13. CobraClutch

May 14, 2010 at 6:43 am

Poppynick…I just posted that…hahaha. I love that line.

Talking about body slams up there, I hope if it goes to the ground Rampage brings back one of those powerful slams he used to be known for. Maybe then he will knock Rashah CLEEEEAAAANNNN OUT!!!

Fabio…I think you're on the wrong post…unless there's a tag-team event I'm unaware of, or Machida is the guest referee for the fight. :)