UFC 115 Weigh-In Results

Updated: June 11, 2010
chuck liddell-rich franklin

UFC 115 “Liddell vs Franklin” – All good, 22 fighters made weight on Friday night at the GM Place in Vancouver, British Columbia, CA.

UFC RESULTS

Rich Franklin (205) vs. Chuck Liddell (205)
Patrick Barry (248) vs. Mirko Cro Cop (235)
Ben Rothwell (264) vs. Gilbert Yvel (242)
Carlos Condit (170) vs. Rory MacDonald (170)
Martin Kampmann (170) vs. Paulo Thiago (170)
Evan Dunham (155) vs. Tyson Griffin (154)
Mac Danzig (156) vs. Matt Wiman (156)
David Loiseau (185) vs. Mario Miranda (186)
Peter Sobotta (171) vs. James Wilks (170)
Ricardo Funch (170) vs. Claude Patrick (170)
Jesse Lennox (170) vs. Mike Pyle (170)

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJlXrBBzLF4

1. Tray

June 11, 2010 at 10:58 am

Wow, great line up!

Glad to see David Loiseau is back

and would like to see quite a few of these bouts

2. WHODINI

June 11, 2010 at 12:45 pm

chuck looks ready

3. BJJ Brown Belt

June 11, 2010 at 1:05 pm

I disagree with Tray. I already ordered it because I watch them all, but I am ready to be disapointed. I hope that I am wrong but everytime they have a meaningless main event, such as Coleman VS Randy, we are in for a pretty shitty card.

BTW, aren't we due for a free event? Not counting the Fight Nights and the TUF Finales, they have cut down on the free events. For a while, the UFC was offering pretty much every overseas event for free…and then it stopped. I can't recall the last free one. Dana needs to stop talking smack about Strikeforce because at least they give us free shows on CBS and Showtime (if you have cable/dish).

4. corey

June 11, 2010 at 1:11 pm

for me the best ufc's are always the ones that i least suspect. i don't think this ufc looks like a great lineup but i'm open to being surprised by a great event. i already bought it too so i hope tray is right.

5. Oswald Gobblecock

June 11, 2010 at 6:25 pm

I'd still like to see the UFC stack their cards more. Like UFC 100 and UFC 92 if you guys remember those cards.

Honestly, they could have put Chuck vs Rich as the co main event on the same PPV as Rampage/Rashad or Lesnar/Carwin.

I find myself ordering less PPVs these days but yet I'll still find a way to watch them. ;)

6. Wilmar

June 11, 2010 at 6:55 pm

I agree with Bjj brown belt, Strikeforce has less known people but the fights are usually great and free on showtime, ill just go to buffalo wild wings, have a beer and watch it for free….lol

7. CobraClutch

June 11, 2010 at 7:39 pm

There are a ton of free events. There are TUF Finales, UFC on Verses, and Fight Nights. There are more free events with these added in now.

If you want the UFC to stack their cards more, that's fine, but expect fewer events throughout the year. They can't stack a card and still put on monthly PPV events, Free UFC on Versus, and Free Fight Nights. Event though the UFC is a big organization, it's not THAT big and loaded with talent to fight "star-packed" cards three times a month.

I don't think the organization makes a fight great…the fighters do. There have been great UFC fights and great Strikeforce fights. There have been great UFC cards and great Strikeforce cards. And there have been shitty ones as well. It doesn't matter who's logo is on the mat, it matters what's in the combatants' hearts that makes the fight great. :)

8. CobraClutch

June 11, 2010 at 8:03 pm

Considering I'm so terrible at picking fights, here are my opposite picks. :)

Franklin

Cro Cop

Rothwell

MacDonald

Kampmann

Griffin

Wiman

Miranda

Sobotta

Funch

Lennox

9. ross

June 11, 2010 at 10:41 pm

some of you guys most just like complaining cause this is a great looking card.

1.The return of Chuck against a fan fave in Rich Franklin. 2.Two seriously scary leg kickers going at it.

3.Paulo Thiago is fighting

4. Two young fighter with a bright future in Condit and Macdonald.

5. A sure KO in Rothwell v Yvel fight.

whats not to like. My

10. ross

June 11, 2010 at 10:42 pm

some of you guys most just like complaining cause this is a great looking card.

3.Paulo Thiago is fighting

4. Two young fighter with a bright future in Condit and Macdonald.

5. A sure KO in Rothwell v Yvel fight.

whats not to like.

11. Ryan S

June 11, 2010 at 10:59 pm

Yeah I think this card looks pretty good too.

Franklin

Berry

Rothwell

Thiago

Griffin

12. T.R.

June 12, 2010 at 4:28 am

im with ross and ryan on this one. looks good to me.

and chucks new girlfriend put him on a healthy diet. he lost his beer gut. i'm still going with franklin by decision tho.

13. ninjo

June 12, 2010 at 7:19 am

franklin(UD)

barry ((T)KO)

yvel ( (T)KO)

thiago (UD)

condit (TKO)

i wish to go undeafted!!

14. BJJ Brown Belt

June 13, 2010 at 5:19 am

CobraClutch- in response to #7 I disagree with you on a couple points.

1. The UFC should put on maybe 1 PPV per month or every six weeks, and stack the shit out of that PPV and then put the up and commers and irrevelant fights on Spike and Versus. Yes, it is my choice to order an event or not, but the cards that are put out sometimes, just make me wonder whether they trully care about MMA or just about the money. If Dana wants us to pay for a PPV. then he should put some great match-ups in place. I would be prefer that the "top organization" be more about quality than quantity. Chuck Lidell VS Rich Franklin as your main event…really? it is about 3 years to late from being a main event.

2. You are right that an orginization does not make a great fight but if the organization contracts shitty fighters, how do you expect them to be able to fight a good fight? Not only are some of these main events so irrevelant but they are guys that need to give it up. Coleman was part of the main event not to long ago…that is what the top organization slates for a main event? So yes, the fighters have to show heart and use their skills but if the organization is employing guys just because they are a legend or because they have a big name, then we should expect a shitty show and I would prefer that the UFC put on less PPV with better match-ups, relevant fights, and better fighters. What was the point of last night's main event? The only outcome was that the loser was most likely going to retire and the winner would have a few more fights before his retirement..that is all it meant, because if you think that Rich is going to be a factor in the 205 division (we already know that he can't come close to beating AA so I'm not even considering 185), you really don't have any common sense. I respect Rich-he has the biggest heart and his work ethic is top notch. But AA and Vitor have already exposed his lack of quickness and athletism. There is no way he can beat Rampage or Evans, not to mention Machida or Rua. He probably would not even be able to out heart Forrest. So really, what was the point other than putting up two "legends"…give me a break!

In my opinion, the UFC, as the top org, needs to stack they PPV cards because they can make so much more from the PPV fees and put the other stuff on Spike and Versus. If this means less PPV events or even less events in general, I am all for that because the reality is that we can now watch MMA on almost every weekend when you count HD Net, WEC, and Strikeforce. So as the top dog, I want to pay to watch the top notch fighters.

15. CobraClutch

June 14, 2010 at 2:50 am

BJJ…I don't think you disagreed at all. lol. I said if you want stacked cards, then expect less events, and you say you're fine with that. So, I think we agree. Although, it wasn't really an opinion more so than an obvious statement. So, I guess we both agree with "reality?" hahaha. It's all good. You know how this works.

Great fights are one thing, but only hard core fight fans tune in for that. The other 60+% of the money comes from having the big names on the cards, so "average bar guy Joe" orders the fights. Half is entertaining fights, and half is a business decision, so that's why you have the Colemans and the Liddells still on the main event cards. But when you watch those cards, you get a great fight like Sonnen/Marquardt, Swick/Thiago, or Maia/Miller (UFC 109), and Condit/MacDonald, Kampmann/Thiago, or Cro Cop/Barry (UFC 115).

I thought when all was said and done, this card was actually pretty entertaining. Condit and Kampmann did great. MacDonald really impressed. Cro Cop and Barry put on a decent show. And that one round Liddell/Franklin fight was pretty action-packed and contained broken bones and a KO right before the bell. How much better can it really get, other than a 5-Round slugfest with a KO at the end? But how often does that happen, anyways?