UFC 117 Silva vs Sonnen Weigh-In Results

Updated: August 6, 2010

UFC 117 “Silva vs Sonnen” – Weigh-in live Aug. 6th at Oracle Arena in Oakland. Stay with CageToday for live coverage as fighters tip the scales around 4pm PST.

MAIN CARD

Anderson Silva (184.5) vs. Chael Sonnen (185)
Thiago Alves (171.5) vs. Jon Fitch (170.5)*
Ricardo Almeida (170.5) vs. Matt Hughes (170.5)
Junior Dos Santos (240) vs. Roy Nelson (263)
Rafael dos Anjos (156) vs. Clay Guida (156)

PRELIMINARY CARD

Dustin Hazelett (169.5) vs. Rick Story (169.5)
Phil Davis (205.5) vs. Rodney Wallace (206)
Charlie Brenneman (171) vs. Johny Hendricks (171)
Tim Boetsch (206) vs. Todd Brown (206)
Christian Morecraft (263) vs. Stefan Struve (247)
Dennis Hallman (171) vs. Ben Saunders (171)

*Thiago Alves 171.5 on his second try – he will forfeit 20% of his fight purse.

1. CagE

August 6, 2010 at 1:04 am

Silva, Alves, Guida, Almeida, and Dos Santos

2. STEVEO

August 6, 2010 at 6:12 am

if sonnen backs up all the talk it'll be awesome, but i have a feeling he may end up swallowing his tongue.

3. Ken

August 6, 2010 at 6:56 am

Sonnen, Alves, Guida, Almeida, Dos Santos

4. jay

August 6, 2010 at 9:15 am

Hey Ken werent you the one that also chose Forrest over silva last time?

5. P4P #1 Fan

August 6, 2010 at 9:43 am

Ken- Sonnen…really? Hey if you think that, I'll give you credit for sticking to your guns but while I know that anything can happen, I just can't see this happening. I hope that they show the Dustin fight in between fights or on the Spike prelims.

6. jay

August 6, 2010 at 10:11 am

This is what Joe roagan said about before the fight between hendo and Anderson: " if you had a computer program to pick a guy that woiuld give Anderson silva it trouble it would be Dan hendersen"

Last year it was Forrest Griffin and he was gonna give silva trouble because he is a big dude and has great heart. And now here we are again. Sonnen is the guy that will give silva trouble and he cant deal with a high level wrestler. Who will it be next Okami??

7. Matt

August 6, 2010 at 1:01 pm

I hope that silva gets knocked OUT!!!!

8. Kash

August 6, 2010 at 3:27 pm

Sonnen is the #1 P4P trash talker in the world vs. Silva the #1 P4P fighter in the world. Guess who I'm putting money on?

9. Ken

August 6, 2010 at 4:14 pm

No Didn't pick Forrest over Silva, but yeah my opinion is that if Sonnen can make it out of round 1 he has a legitimate shot to win the fight at least Sonnen will show up and fight unlike Maia or Leites. I like him in this fight if your gonna talk that much you better be able to back it up

10. Miko

August 6, 2010 at 10:43 pm

Jay, I dont know if Okami could beat Silva but he deserves a shot, that's for sure. This poor guy has been overlooked for a couple of years now and deserved a shot ages ago.

11. jay

August 7, 2010 at 12:45 am

Wait a minute Sonnen lost against Terry Martin!!

12. T.R.

August 7, 2010 at 12:49 am

guida

hughes

fitch (boreing decision)

dos santos (tko)

anderson (1st rd murder)

13. Nichole Lesniak

August 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

Whenever I actually put in down, I end up jinxing myself, but…

Silva via decision

Fitch via decision

Guida via sub

Hughes via sub

Nelson via TKO

14. Ross

August 7, 2010 at 1:17 am

This is what i'd like to see :)

Main Event round 1: Sonnen rushes in on Silva, silva puts him into a Thai Clinch and knees him in the head countlessly. Sonnen is out on his feet but silva wont let go. Sonnen wakes up three days later in hospital with a smashed jaw and can't speak a word.

Also hope Alves beats boring Fitch, cause Fitch vs GSP would be the most boring championship fight ever to take place in the UFC since Tim Silva v Arlovski 3rd fight (and atleast they stayed on there feet). Hopefully Alves as just been working on his sprawl and takedown defence.

15. Rubs

August 7, 2010 at 3:45 am

I don't know why people are making it seem that Chael's been the only asshole in this fight. Anderson for me is a bigger asshole. Trash talking gonna be in every sport there is. I mean cmon, Jordan was one of the biggest trash talkers in the NBA at that time. I truly believe what Anderson did to Maia was waaaay more disrespectful than any trash talking Chael did. I hope Chael slams Silva through the floor. Highly unlikely though. :|