UFC 123: Joe Lauzon vs George Sotiropoulos

Updated: September 8, 2010

Lightweights Joe “J-Lau” Lauzon is expected to face off against TUF standout George Sotiropoulos at UFC 123 on Nov. 20th in Detroit, according to MMAMainia.

Lauzon is coming off a total destruction of fellow TUF contestant Gabe Ruediger at UFC 118.

Since his appearance on TUF 6, George Sotiropoulos has been on a roll, defeating his last seven strait opponents in the UFC. He last defeated Kurt Pellegrino by decision at UFC 116 “Lesnar vs Carwin”.

UFC 123 is expected to take place on November 20 at The Palace of Auburn Hills in Auburn Hills, Michigan.

1. Tico

September 8, 2010 at 2:41 am

Good point, they are blasting him up the ladder.

2. Miko

September 8, 2010 at 6:07 am

I'll be rooting for George but I'm not underestimating Joe.

Joe is an animal when he's focused.

3. Rez

September 8, 2010 at 7:58 am

What I don't understand is how you guys think Joe's a punk or something. Joe has fought some very good LW's and done well in his losses against K-Flo and Sam Stout. George is a stud but don't underestimate Joe.

4. ironcjb82

September 8, 2010 at 8:52 am

george by murder..how the hell does lauzon go from fighting Gabe ruedager to Sotiropoulos. Thats a huge step up in competition. I thought George would get a tougher fight and then maybe one more away from a title shot.

5. CobraClutch

September 8, 2010 at 8:57 am

Rez, I don't think anyone here considers Lauzon to be a punk, just the opposite he is a very respected young fighter, but in the Fight Game one should not be rushed up the ranks, there are a lot of good match ups for Joe to tackle as he climbs the ladder, and in a few years at his current rate, he'll be there. I'm a fan of his game but also his attitude, he displays honor and he does not talk smack.

6. P4P #1 Fan

September 8, 2010 at 10:54 am

I don't think that this one will be easy for either fighter. This should be a fight. They both are complete MMA fighters. While I agree that a win over Gabe should not go to Joe's head, George has not fought a lot of good fighters neither, with the exception of Joe Stevenson and Kurt Pellegrino. I am going against the popular pick here and picking Joe to win this one.

7. jbug

September 8, 2010 at 11:45 am

i think this has the makings of a very good fight. i think that if joe shows up in top form, that he will edge this one out. not to down george though because he is also very talented. never thought id be saying this, but i agree with cobraclutch- the new one of course.

8. Ryan S

September 9, 2010 at 11:22 am

I love to watch both of these guys fight, but I think I'm gonna have to go with Sotiropoulos on this.

9. ironcjb82

September 10, 2010 at 2:22 am

George has not only beat his last two opponents but he absolutly dominated them. Lauzon got beat pretty bad by Stout not to long ago and sure he detroyed Gaber Ruedigar. How could he not, thats like little league playing pro's. I just can't see how Joe can win this fight, anywhere. And big deal how he looked when he LOST to kenny, he lost and Kenny Florian is overrated to say the least..

10. Jay

September 11, 2010 at 5:45 am

George got knocked the shit out of him by Tommy spear REMEMBER!! and you guys are all on George's bandwagon. Lauzon is better than Tommy Spears

11. Ryan S

September 11, 2010 at 7:48 am

I think many wrestlers with no MMA background are better than Tommy Spear. I have never seen a more 1 dimensional fighter. I still just think Sotiropoulos' skills are better.

12. Miko

September 11, 2010 at 10:44 pm

Really Jay? Really?!

Look at George's record, and when you're done doing that look at Tommy's FINGER. I'm pretty sure it still has some of George's eye goop on it. If there hadn't been the poke George definitely would have won that season. If the fight happened now Tommy wouldn't know what hit him.

13. stowmotion

September 26, 2010 at 2:28 pm

george to win a tuff one and get a bit closer to a title shot,hopefully down here in AUSTRALIA! it would sell out in record time,no probs!