UFC 128: Mirko Cro Cop vs. Brendan Schaub In The Works

Updated: December 28, 2010
cro cop mirko ufc 99

According to FightersOnly, Mirko Cro Cop and Brendan Schaub have agreed to fight at UFC 128 on March 19th at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey.

Rumored Fightcard

Maurício Shogun Rua vs. Rashad Evans
Mirko Cro Cop vs. Brendan Schaub
Ricardo Almeida vs. Mike Pyle
Kurt Pellegrino vs. Gleison Tibau

1. Flying Armbar

December 28, 2010 at 2:14 am

I thought Mir VS Schaub was supposed to happen? Either way, this card looks pretty good.

2. the gibinator

December 28, 2010 at 3:19 am

i think this is a mistake having this fight so high up on the card. this aint co main event material. dont get me wrong mirko is a legend and shaub is a good up and cummer. mirko hasnt really shown me anything for a while now.

3. ironcjb82

December 28, 2010 at 5:32 am

Cro Cop is a bum now, plain and simple. who the hell gets KO'd by Mir. This guy doesnt come close to desrving a co main event spot. His last fight was a snooz fest. Hang em up cro cop, especially if this guy beats you. boooo to zuffa for putting this on the main card let alone the co main event.

4. Businessman

December 28, 2010 at 7:06 am

Ironcjb82 – I agree. It annoys me when the UFC puts former great fighters that should now be retired, in the main event or co-main event. You can run down the list of how many fighters continue to get these spots in the an event (Lidell, Coleman, Cro Cop, Franklin, Couture and Hughes). These fighters deserve our respect and admiration for everthing that they have done and given to MMA but they are no longer at a main event level. This happens in all sports and it is sad but it happens. I was paying for all PPVs up until the 115. At that point, I decided to not automatically order the events and only order if I feel that I should be paying to see it.

5. DJS

December 28, 2010 at 7:14 am

You guys think Rich Franklin is finished?

6. Businessman

December 28, 2010 at 7:38 am

Sorry..should have been more specific on him. I don't think he should retire. he can still fight, but he is not relevant enough to get a main event or co-main event. He is not done where he needs to give it up. I would bet that he would never beat any of the top 9 LHWTs (Rua, Rampage, Evans, Machida, Jones, Bader, Forrest, Little Nog, or Thiago)in the UFC. He probably would not even beat many of the second level fighters in the division (Polish Experiment, Bonnar, Vera, Matyushenko, Hamill, or Boetsch). Based on that, he should not fight in main or co-main event slots.

7. DJS

December 28, 2010 at 8:13 am

That's fair, but I think a Franklin vs. Vera bout would be pretty good.

8. MMA maniac

December 29, 2010 at 4:30 pm

I remember poster boys from back in the days: Lidell, franklin, hughes, And sorry to say Tim Sylvia