UFC 75: Houston Alexander vs. Alessio Sakara

Updated: June 30, 2007

Houston Alexander

According to UFCJunkie, Houston Alexander will be taking on Alessio Sakara at UFC 75 on September 22. This puts out rumors that Alexander would be taking on The Ultimate Fighter 1 winner Forrest Griffin. Alexander recently upset Keith Jardin at UFC 71 when he KOed him in the first round. Alessio Sakara is also coming of a KO win over Victor Valimaki at UFC 70. This should make for a great match up.

1. steve

June 30, 2007 at 7:31 am

ok this alexanders fight that will put him a spot as a high contender but he has to win this fight and alessio sakara is a veteren in UFC

PREDICTION: Houston Alexander DEF Alessio Sakara Via TKO 3:47 1st rd.

2. bigdaddy

June 30, 2007 at 7:34 am

i think that alexander will get him also and yes this is his so called coming ut fight inwhich will put him in rankings and after this fight they will probally put him against a b lvl fighter again and build him up to fight a good fighter inwhich he will be TKO'd

3. Kash

June 30, 2007 at 8:25 am

Two heavy strikers, it should be good. I don't think Sakara is a high level fighter so yeah, I'd take Alexander.

4. Morey

June 30, 2007 at 3:42 pm

I still think Alexander took advantage of a cocky Jardine. Jardine could have prevented the beginning of that flurry, but he thought he couldn't get hurt.

In this fight, I'm betting Alexander loses to the Legionairian (former pro boxer).

5. dave

July 1, 2007 at 9:01 am

no way sakara was knocked out in UFC already and its obvious that Alezander has power so he will knock out sakara

P.S.boxers are always one-dimensional and suck in the UFC even in the stand up department because u can clinch knee kick and punch they r not use to that so they get messed up

6. Morey

July 1, 2007 at 9:07 am

Just like wrestlers have an advantage at weight shifting and using leverage to control their opponent….a boxer has an advantage as far as learning to create momentum in his strikes, gain speed, form, and accuracy.

yeah, boxers dont know kicks and muy tai, but answer me this, do you really think they have a disadvantage compared to the other guy as far as learning that stuff? No, they just add to the fundamentals they have.

Sakara will win trust me…and if he doesn't and gets manhandled by Alexander then you can say I don't know shit.

7. Realwun

July 1, 2007 at 9:16 am

Good points Morey, but I'm going to have to side with Dave on this one. Why? Not because I think boxers cant be good, I just think that Sakara sucks, fundamentally and otherwise.

He is like "Beastman" Eastman to me, they look mean, are tough, but they don't have the natural talent to be at the top of the UFC.

8. dave

July 1, 2007 at 7:15 pm

well thx for agreeing with me realwun i hope we can have more debates in the future sound good to u guys??

9. Morey

July 2, 2007 at 3:02 pm

I guess I'm outnumbered on this debate, but if Sakara wins, just get ready…cuz I'm going to run my mouth like crazy….