UFC 77: Rumored Yushin Okami vs. Jason MacDonald

Updated: August 13, 2007
yushin okami

yushin okami jason Macdonald

According to the Fight Network, Canadian middleweight Jason MacDonald (19-8) has verbally agreed to an Oct. 20 bout against Yushin Okami (20-4) at UFC 77 in Cincinnati, Ohio. Okami is coming off a hard defeat to Rich “Ace” Franklin at UFC 72 in Belfast, Ireland. Also on the UFC 72 card, Jason MacDonald scored a TKO victory over The Ultimate Fighter veteran Roy Singer. Both fighters are top contenders in the UFC middleweight division and both loss to Rich Franklin. Should be a war.

1. Joey

August 13, 2007 at 1:18 pm

should be a good fight

2. Leet

August 14, 2007 at 3:28 pm

Its hard to be excited about a fight with two B rated fighters.

3. Morey

August 15, 2007 at 2:02 am

These arent B fighters, they are at the top of the division dumbass. One or the other could be fighting for the title next year.

4. crynot

August 15, 2007 at 7:47 am

Yeah, if these guys are B fighters then Mike Swick, Chris Lebon, Ed Herman, and Kalib Starnes are all amateurs.

I really thought Jason Macdonald was going to beat Franklin – I think he was just afraid in that fight. Okami just didn't show up for his fight against Franklin.

5. Kash

August 15, 2007 at 1:36 pm

They are pretty good fighters, I agree with crynot. Both had jitters in their Franklin fights but both are really talented. I dont know what to think about Okami though, remember when he threw that cheapshot knee at Franklin when they started the third round, that was so punk.

6. crynot

August 16, 2007 at 4:24 am

I agree. I'm not a fan of Okami at all. That cheap shot was junk. I'm hoping Macdonald brings his usual A game and submits Okami.