UFC 81 Video: Tim Sylvia, Please Like Me

Updated: January 30, 2008

UFC 81 takes place Saturday, February 2 from the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Cage Today will have The UFC 81 Results LIVE on fight day.

1. derek

January 30, 2008 at 5:23 pm

little timmy tsk tsk. if tim wants to fight the best, he should have fought FEDOR about a year back when he was offered that fight! and this was when tim sylvia was UFC HW CHAMP. if he beats fedor, i guarantee tim will get the respect he wants. and people dislike tim not because of his personality, but because of his really boring fight style. it's just punch punch, and then clinch. no real action. no flying kicks or spinning back fists. no scary faces like wanderlei. no devastating power like liddell. no underdog status like randy. and no marketbility like cro cop.

2. Boris

January 30, 2008 at 5:52 pm

So Tim thinks people don't like him cause he wins all the time and people hate winners? Yeah, people really hated Chuck Liddell back before he lost the title for always winning fights didn't they. What a moron! I don't know if he expects us to believe his crap or what, just like him mentioning he wasn't 100% when he lost to Randy. That's why people don't like him, he's a boring fighter when he does win and a sad loser when he doesn't.

3. DanP

January 30, 2008 at 9:48 pm

Its weird,… a year ago I would have said Big Nog would destroy Sylvia… but now after the demise of Pride FC and seeing how well certian fighters have done in the UFC I have to expect it to be a lot closer…

Can't see it being an interesting fight though… Tim is a boring fighter no doubt…

I hope Nog puts him down and submits him early!

Why has the UFC not signed Sergey Kharitonov… He is a great fighter.. much cooler fighting style than Tim!

Maybe the UFC should split the HW division with a super HW for 230 plus fighters

4. Brandon

January 31, 2008 at 12:25 am

Tim poeple who don't like you, don''t like you because your boring. If Tim wasn't as big a fighter as he is, he wouldn't nearly be as good…I like tim for using that to his advantage and I still believe he is a skilled MMA in his own right…he needs to change up his style a little bit and make his fights more exciting

5. Joe

January 31, 2008 at 1:35 am

I couldn't wait to post on this, but now that I'm here, I'm glad to see everyone already posted roughly what I was going to say.

6. roy

January 31, 2008 at 3:20 am

if tim can beat nog i will have more respect for him i just don't see him doing it, i agree with dan p if it where a couple years ago i would give tim no chance but i still don't see him winning(or maybe i just hope he can't win).

7. JOE

January 31, 2008 at 10:50 pm

He can win. If ol' poopy pants can score a couple of punches then successfully hold Nog against the cage for 5 rounds and smother him with that wet blanket he calls a physique. He'll eek out a decision and win. Personally, I hope Big (fat stupid) Tim goes to sleep in this fight. It'll be a taste of redemption for that 40 bucks I wasted watching him fight last time, Or should I say last few times.

8. Morey

January 31, 2008 at 11:13 pm

Nog is another Pride fighter that looked bad in his first performance. I really thought Herring could have finished him in the first round. I think Nog should be able to take Tim down pretty easily as long as he sets up his shoots behind some punches…just like Randy did.

9. JOE

February 3, 2008 at 8:31 pm

Well Tim, you lost. And most people still don't like you.