UFC 83 From England Relocated To The States

Updated: January 16, 2008
ufc logo

ufc logo

It looks like the UFC has changed its mind, UFC 83 from Manchester, England will now take place March 8 in the United States, according to a recent article on Brawl Sports.

a source I spoke with confirmed that the U.K. event has been cancelled, no specific were provided as to why. However, the show will go on, only here in the states.

UFC 83 has been criticised for being only one week after the UFC 82, saturating fans with UFC PPV’s. If both UFC 82 and UFC 83 are on pay-per-view, fans will be forced to shell out $80 in PPV fees in one month.

The best case scenario would be if the UFC decides to broadcast UFC 83 free on SpikeTV.

For the rumored UFC 83 fight card, Click Here.

1. Patrick89

January 16, 2008 at 7:34 am

I think having a free UFC would be a great idea seeing that they run the risk of less buys for one of the PPVs. Occasional fans who only watch now and then would probably get disinterested in buying both events only a week apart. I on the other hand would dish out the extra cash becuase I love to watch the UFC, and hate the sometimes agonizing waits between the PPVs. It's just getting some of my cheaper friends to pitch in that would become the problem, being that the UFC is more fun to watch with other fans. I think maybe they are just testing the waters to see how close they can make them as to maximize there profits.

2. BRANDON

January 16, 2008 at 7:42 am

this UFC event (UFC 83) is not even that great of a card, the main event being bisping fighting mcarthy not even for a belt. As much as i would hate seeing who Shogun fights I would gladly skip this one to spend the money of UFC 82. But if they want to throw a free event at us I am all for that haha

3. kom34

January 16, 2008 at 8:05 am

I agree, UFC 83 as well as this next one could be free because there are not two clear main events. Gonzaga vs. Wierdum is not a seller in my opinion. I don't think I'll buy this one especially because I'll proabably hear the results before I watch.

4. roy

January 16, 2008 at 8:24 am

free would be great but those days may be over,other than spike.i think your right patrick the ufc may be just test to see how close they can put events and still get the buys they want, i think they also do this with weak cards to see how many cheap fights they can put on and if people still buy them. they put on 1 or 2 good fights and fill the rest with there lower paid fighters and if people buy them thats how they will do it.with all the talant they have right now all cards should be great with 4 or 5 good fights on them.

5. Scot

January 17, 2008 at 2:22 am

I agree one of these two weak fight cards should be free.

By the way Brandon, if you are only 15, shouldn't you be in school right now???

6. KOPower

January 17, 2008 at 4:17 pm

I don't care what age the commenter is if he has some knowledge and something to say. I'm a fighter and I'm trying to get paid so the more young people who like MMA the better.

Roy, I didn't even think that the UFC is testing us with this next UFC. You're probably right when you say that they are figuring out if we will pay for two a month or for a weak fight card. If this UFC sells more than Trinidad vs. Jones then Dana's big ass head will probably swell to twice the size huh.

7. JOE

January 17, 2008 at 6:35 pm

That head would be huge.