UFC 84: Matt Serra vs. Georges St. Pierre Confirmed

matt serra vs. georges st. pierre

matt serra vs. georges st. pierre

Matt Serra has confirmed to NBCSports that he will rematch Georges St. Pierre for the UFC welterweight title at UFC 84 on April 19 in Montreal Canada.

St. Pierre the heavy favorite will look to avenge his loss at UFC 69 with a win over Matt Serra in his hometown of Montreal.

St. Pierre fought Matt Hughes at UFC 79 replacing Matt Serra who herniated two discs in his back a month before the fight. The UFC awarded St. Pierre the Interim UFC welterweight tile, although this was just a marketing scam by the UFC to put a title fight in the main event at UFC 79.

Total 0 Votes

Tell us how can we improve this post?

+ = Verify Human or Spambot ?

1. Scot

January 5, 2008 at 5:11 am

I cannot wait to see Matt Serra get his ass beat all over the octagon on April 19! He is the worst example of a champion that the UFC could have. He talks shit about everyone because he got lucky in a couple of fights, guess what, his luck is about to run out. He was afraid to fight Hughes (back injury my ass) but now he has no choice. That belt is going to St.Pierre for real this time, and I hope he slaps Serra across the face with it, but I know he wont, because he is a true champion with class, skills, and respect for all the other UFC fighters.

2. dredlokrasta

January 5, 2008 at 6:03 am

GSP is the next level!!

3. dane drebin

January 5, 2008 at 8:36 am

i like matt serra i think he's funny as hell but i dont know if he will be able to beat gsp again because gsp is looking pretty unstopable and i think he will still be feeling the affects from not training because of his back aswell… if he loses he should definelty drop back down to 155 and i think he would be a top contender for sure

4. kom34

January 5, 2008 at 8:56 am

I'm glad I actually want to see this fight. And I know Hughes is too competitive to retire on a loss so he will want to fight Matt Serra after GSP.

5. BRANDON

January 5, 2008 at 11:13 am

St. Peirre is gonna win hands down. Last time he fought he got to fancy instead of just sticking out the jab and taking advantage of the reach/ strikeing ability between the two

6. Nate

January 5, 2008 at 3:15 pm

If serra drops to 155 then he will get his ass kicked be penn.

7. Nate

January 5, 2008 at 3:15 pm

by penn

8. Joe

January 5, 2008 at 8:55 pm

I think GSP will win. I agree with Nate, I think Penn would destroy Serra.

January 6, 2008 at 12:21 am

i think serra vs bj would be good and i dont know if he would be destory like a really dont think so… GSP is way ahead of all WW and he s going to have pay back and kill serra in the first..

10. BRANDON

January 6, 2008 at 4:52 am

bj penn would run through serra. Serra i believe is overated…

11. ?

January 6, 2008 at 9:24 am

Serra is so underrated… I hope he wins… so everyone here would shut up about GSP I mean hes a top contender but hes human. And Penn hes So OVERRATED! I think Stevenson is going to win.

12. BRANDON

January 6, 2008 at 9:29 am

BJ penn has proved himself time after time, hes not overated. Yes GSP is human but hes pound for pound of the best humans…come on you have to admit GSP is extremly impressive. and i just feel that serra got lucky with GSP and isnt as good as everyone says.

13. BRANDON

January 6, 2008 at 9:30 am

Give me a list of the top fighters serra has fought (and won against) and i can see if im being impulsive with my opinion

14. dredlokrasta

January 6, 2008 at 10:05 am

?, I agree. Before BJ could think about Serra, he does have alot on his plate with Joe "daddy" Stevenson. And Serra better come out to back that mouth up against GSP. And if Matt Serra wins, then he woulp prove himself as a true champion, no?

January 6, 2008 at 10:59 am

bj is way overrated….since he has been back he lost 2 times and just got one win and now he is going to the belt thats fucked up and i hope steven takes it to him and wins…

16. JOE

January 6, 2008 at 5:53 pm

I don't believe BJ is overrated, and i don't think Stevenson will win or even come close. I guess we'll see soon. Yes, Serra could prove himself by beating GSP, but I don't think it's going to happen. GSP is one of the best in the world P4P without question.

17. Scot

January 6, 2008 at 10:24 pm

Finally, everyone is starting see the light about GSP. Goodbye Serra, take this ass beating and go home!

Daddy Stevenson….yes he will take BJ out.

18. Brandon

January 7, 2008 at 12:03 am

BJ over Stevenson…2nd round submission

19. Scot

January 7, 2008 at 12:08 am

Brandon Brandon Brandon….come on man!

20. roy

January 7, 2008 at 3:04 am

i dout serra can beat gsp,but he has already done it once and he has already fought b.j. penn and did pretty good go watch it,he should be in the 155lbs devision i don't know if he could win that belt but he would probally have a better chance in that devision.

21. BATO LOCO

January 16, 2008 at 12:28 am

You bunch of Mother Lickers don't no sh**t about The Terror.

Once again he will slap St.Pierre all over the octagon!

There is no such a "luck" in the UFC.

22. Brandon

January 16, 2008 at 12:55 am

Guareenteed GSP comes in with a much better game plan (Jabbing, using the reach advantage, and well timed takedowns). St. Pierre will regain his title and become one of the few dynastys in MMA as champion…Serra is a good fighter no doubt about it…but he is not as good as everyone thinks, he's overated. I still love him and he is in my top 20 favorite fighters…but its unreal to think he will beat George again

23. Scot

January 16, 2008 at 3:03 am

Well said Brandon. As for you LOCO, are you out of your mind? It is going to take a lot more than a name like The Terror to defeat GSP, and I don't think Serra has got it. He sounds like every other Trash Talking punk. It is time he learns that running his mouth is only going to hurt him, and this time, it is going to hurt worse than he has known before.

24. BATO LOCO

January 16, 2008 at 5:35 am

It is obvious that you guys don't train MMA.(Brandon and Scot).

What happen to ur boy St. Pierre was not an accident or bad luck. The Terror is a better fighter and stronger.

Maybe take a look at the video again and again.

Don't get confuse is Matt Serra not Matt Huges.

25. Scot

January 16, 2008 at 5:52 am

you dont need to train in MMA to know a good fighter when you see one, and believe me, I would never confuse Matt "The Terrible" Serra with someone with as much skill, class and professionalism as Matt Hughes.

26. roy

January 16, 2008 at 6:29 am

i like serra and think he is a good fighter and if you win you win, nothing to do with luck, but i dout he can beat gsp again.

27. BATO LOCO

January 16, 2008 at 6:54 am

Hey Scot when was the last time you had ur eyes check?

Matt Huges is a Dick!

He talks like a fag, and his shit is all retarted!

28. BRANDON

January 16, 2008 at 6:55 am

Yeah what scot said, just because we don't train in professional MMA doesn't mean we cant know enough about the sport ti judge talent and skill.

29. DumMexican

January 16, 2008 at 6:58 am

HI I'm Scot.. I have a sticky poster of Matt Hughes on my wall.. Knock before you come in my room.. I may be making a Matt/Mark Hughes sandwich, and I'm the salami…

30. BATO LOCO

January 16, 2008 at 7:02 am

Right on DumMexican!

Maybe Brandon what to joint them?

31. roy

January 16, 2008 at 7:07 am

bato loco you like talking about gay sex theres other sights for that, i am sure you know where.i sorry what happened to you i hear the stories of what happens in jail.

32. BRANDON

January 16, 2008 at 7:13 am

yo i hate matt hughes too but don't go after scot for that. We're talking about MMA here so back the fuck off…Yeah I'm real sorry we dont like matt serra as a champion cause thats the worst crime we could ever commit right…?

33. Scot

January 16, 2008 at 11:15 pm

What the hell! LOCO & DUM – I am fairly new to these postings, and so far I have had some fun back and forth postings with a few people. (thanks for the backup Brandon & Roy). Now I get to meet the people on here that feel the need to bring thier alternative lifestyle into every comment made. Well I for one don't want to hear it. So if you want to disagree with me fine, you can say that, but keep your gay salami f*@king fantasies out of it.

Thanks again Brandon & Roy, good luck to your fighter this Saturday (he is going to need it).

34. BATO LOCO

January 16, 2008 at 11:38 pm

I'm back bunch of MOTHERLICKERS!

"Help me Brandon and Roy" this guys are bitting me up, please Help!

Hey Roy:

i'm sure you heard all the gay stories over and over and over and you love them.

I like GSP also, but Matt The Terror Serra is a better fighter.

Huges still an asshole and he still talks like a fag!

35. Dj Ez - Q

January 16, 2008 at 11:45 pm

I hope GSP beats that little big mouth Matt Serra and in no way is he a better fighter than GSP I think dude is a wash up, and faked his injury so he could hold on to the belt for a little longer he knows deep down inside he will loose to either GSP on the rematch or to Hughes if he fights them, he was good at the beginning of his career but not so good now I dont even know how he got lucky enough to win the belt thats beyond me, I beleive GSP will win the rematch but will not hold the belt for to long to many other good guys in that division, thats just my opinion.

36. Brandon

January 16, 2008 at 11:55 pm

Scot we don't even have to worry about these clown acts…as for this saturday…Joe Daddy is gonna get a shalacking from my man. The post bet was a good idea, i'll miss ur insight haha. see u in a week

37. BATO LOCO

January 17, 2008 at 12:05 am

Will C on Saturday April 19,2008 UFC 84. who is the real deal.

Matt The Terror Serra is the Cinderella Man of Long Island, The people's Champion.

38. clauded

January 17, 2008 at 12:22 am

Dj Ez … "GSP will win the rematch but will not hold the belt for to long to many other good guys in that division"

?? well you have to tell me who you're thinking would be a good challange for GSP in a near future … sorry i have no name in mind for now !

And to all Serra Fan .. hope you enjoyed it the last time cause he does not belong in that league. he just got lucky a couple of time to get where he is ! ;)

39. Brandon

January 17, 2008 at 12:23 am

Soon hes gonna be the People's chump my man, he's a good fighter with a lot of heart…but against GSP…not gonna happen. I'm 15 yrs old and ive only been into MMA for about a year and I can still see the difference between the skill and talent of both fighters…GSP is lengths ahead of Serra….Serra should drop to 155 he could be great, not nessecarily the champ (especially with BJ about to take the belt) but he could still be successful there for a few more fights

40. BATO LOCO

January 17, 2008 at 12:31 am

Dudes ru 4 real?

Once again, The Terror din't got lucky or GSP had a bad day.

The Terror will win the fight and shock the MMA world once again.

Brandon at 15 years of age and only training for a year, you need to c the fight again and look at GSP face after The Terror hits him for the first time "FEAR".

41. clauded

January 17, 2008 at 12:36 am

BATO .. Come on man .. don't tell me you really think Serra deserve to be where he is ! I gave him the fact that he beat GSP the last time, look back at the fight yourself, serra was not even looking at gsp when he caught him with the punch.. that's called a "Lucky Punch!". And it was not FEAR in his eyes… he was just dizzy !

42. Scot

January 17, 2008 at 12:52 am

Wow- well said Clauded, maybe you can make everyone understand. I have tried and they don't get it. Hey Brandon, I think we found a new friend.

43. BATO LOCO

January 17, 2008 at 1:15 am

Lisen Junior!

"deserves" is an understatement.

One o f those lucky punches will put anyone in ZZZZzzzzzz land.

GSP is going down for the second time.

44. DumMexican

January 17, 2008 at 1:23 am

Matt Serra will knock the French right out of St. Pierre.. He'll hit him so hard, by the time he gets up his name will George St. Paul. I think clauded's head is clouded. Either that or he's French. Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. It would be lucky if someone yelled a joke into the ring, and GSP fell down laughing and smacking the floor and the ref thought he was tapping.. Hitting someone till theyre dizzy is not luck, it's the objective..

45. clauded

January 17, 2008 at 1:36 am

Hehe … wow! "clauded's head is coulded !" You must be a poet playing with word like this ! ;) Come on guy you cannot seriously think that Serra is a better fighter than GSP… anyway .. it doesn't matter how long we fight over it .. we'll all have our answer april 19th..

And yes i'm french from Montreal and will be sitting in the Bell Center April 19th shouting "GSP GSP GSP …!!"

As for "listen junior" i've not been disrespectful with you .. i expect the same…

46. BATO LOCO

January 17, 2008 at 1:59 am

Junior, how long u bn training MMA?

By the way love French Toast. :0)

47. Scot

January 17, 2008 at 2:06 am

Hey Clauded – Have a great time on he 19th, make sure you give a shout out to GSP for me. I will be watching from the states cheering on my favorite Canadian.

48. BATO LOCO

January 17, 2008 at 2:28 am

SERRAJITSU.COM

49. Joe

January 17, 2008 at 2:44 am

What the hell is going on here? Has everyone lost their minds? Hey Scot, just a reminder, after the 19th, you can't post until the 27th. Don't forget.

50. DumMexican

January 17, 2008 at 2:46 am

Scot, Please come out of the closet.. You and Pierre can get married in Canada with no issues.. Matt and Mark Hughes can be your flower girls.. C'mon, Pots legal, Universal healthcare to cover any damage GSP may do. You only have to worry about him not being impressed with your performance..