UFC 86: Patrick Cote vs. Ricardo Almeida

Updated: March 25, 2008
patrick cote

patrick cote

The FightNetwork is reporting, Patrick Cote will take on Ricardo Almeida at UFC 86 on July 5 in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Cote was originally slated to fight Alen Belcher at UFC 83, but was forced to withdraw after suffering a knee injury in training.

“We wanted a big fight…I have four wins in a row — three in the UFC — and I think I’m ready for a real tough opponent. I want to fight a guy who, if I win, the UFC will put me in a title fight or one more fight before I get my shot.”

“I’m a purple belt in jiu-jitsu, but I’m close to having my brown belt…I’ve worked a lot on my wrestling and my jiu-jitsu the last two years, so I’m ready to roll with anybody. I can’t wait to show my skills on the ground.”

1. RIC

March 25, 2008 at 3:32 am

Cote Wins.

March 25, 2008 at 6:40 am

fuck cote..he got lucky in his last fight aand the refe stopped it way to early

3. danedrebin

March 25, 2008 at 9:21 am

i disagree with u tom

4. bjj

March 27, 2008 at 1:57 pm

Ricardo Almeida wins in the first round, summision or stopage. Ricardo had no problem taking a wrestler down( rob yundt ufc81) so he is taking cote down for sure!

5. pascal

June 29, 2008 at 9:54 am

it will be a real test for cote whit all the respect of is last opponents, anyways cote all the way win or loose!

6. steve

June 29, 2008 at 5:49 pm

Rob Yundt has proven to be a joke of a fighter atleast against guys who fight in the UFC. He may be able to beat up scrubs. I think the ref did a god job stopping the Cote vs McFedries fight. McFedries didnt complain so why should anyone. If it was a bad stoppage he would have got up and complained to the ref but he didnt. Almeida is gonna do the same thing to cote as lutter did.