UFC 86 Results Live

Updated: July 5, 2008

forrest griffin ufc 86

UFC 86 “Jackson vs. Griffin” takes place July 5 from the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. Headlining the event are The Ultimate Fighter 7 coaches Quinton “Rampage” Jackson taking on Forrest Griffin for the UFC light heavyweight belt.

The undercards start at 8:30 pm EST with the Pay-Per-View main card to follow at around 10 pm EST.

Main Card

• Quinton Jackson vs. Forrest Griffin (T)
    CT R1: 10-9 Jackson, Rampage drops Griffin towards the end of the round.
    CT R2: 10-9 Griffin buckles Rampages leg early in the round, Griffin controls the ground.
    CT R3: 10-9 Jackson, Flurries of Punches by Rampage, Griffin Playing it Safe, very close.
    CT R4: 10-9 Griffin, very close
    CT R5: 10-9 Griffin, Griffin lands more, Rampage did damage. Hard to call.
    Result: Forrest Griffin defeats Quinton Jackson by Unanimous Decision
  • Patrick Cote vs. Ricardo Almeida
    CT R1: 10-9 Almeida
    CT R2: 10-9 Cote, dominated stand up, escaped when taken to the ground.
    CT R3: 10-9 Cote, very close, lackluster round. It could go either way.
    Result:
  • Gleison Tibau vs. Joe Stevenson
    CT R1: 10-9 Tibau, close – Tibau held Stevenson in an omaplata ending the first round.
    Result: Joe Stevenson defeats Gleison Tibau by Submission (Guillotine Choke) at 2:57 of R2.
  • Chris Lytle vs. Josh Koscheck
    CT R1: 10-9 Koscheck, all lay and pray
    CT R2: 10-9 Koscheck, Kos’s elbows from top cut open Lytle.
    CT R3: 10-9 Koscheck
    Result: Josh Koscheck defeats Chris Lytle by Unanimous Decision.
  • Tyson Griffin vs. Marcus Aurelio
    CT R1: 10-9 Griffin
    CT R2: 10-9 Griffin
    CT R3: 10-9 Griffin
    Result: Tyson Griffin defeats Marcus Aurelio by Unanimous Decision. (30-27 x3)

Preliminary Card

• Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Justin McCully
    Result: Gabriel Gonzaga defeats Justin McCully by Submission (Kimura) at 1:57 of R1.
  • Cole Miller vs. Jorge Gurgel
    Result: Cole Miller defeats Jorge Gurgel by Submission (Triangle Choke) at 4:48 of R2.
  • Melvin Guillard vs. Dennis Siver
    Result: Melvin Guillard defeats Dennis Siver by TKO (Punches) at 0:36 of R1.
  • Corey Hill vs. Justin Buchholz
    Result: Justin Buchholz defeats Corey Hill by Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 3:57 of R2.
UFC 86 Links

July 2, 2008 at 12:42 am

Jackson

Tibau

Ricardo

Josh

Tyson

I would like to see Justine win but i dont think so

Corey

Cole–but i would like to see Jorge win

Melvin

2. dane drebin

July 5, 2008 at 7:19 am

i agree with everything but i think jorge will beat cole

3. dane drebin

July 5, 2008 at 7:20 am

and i dont think melvin will win either but who knows

4. t-los

July 5, 2008 at 8:33 am

griffin

stevenson

cote

koscheck

griffin

gonzaga

hill

gurgel

guillard

5. Nate Fury

July 5, 2008 at 9:27 am

My predictions for tonight are:

Rampage

Almeida

Stevenson

Kos

Tyson Griffin

Gonzaga

Hill

Cole Miller

Guillard

6. Kash

July 5, 2008 at 11:53 am

I watched the weigh-ins and I didn't think Hill would lose to that guy. He looked so much bigger. Gurgel got submitted…what? Thats pretty funny. I think he needs to take the hint and leave the UFC. I can't wait to see the Melvin KO because you know that's going to make the PPV. Be safe everyone, I'm off to watch this thing.

7. Oswald Gobblecock

July 6, 2008 at 7:03 am

What's wrong with this site? It hasn't update since early last night.

8. Morey

July 6, 2008 at 7:57 am

You can watch the Gurgel/Miller fight at UFC.com. Its actually a pretty good fight.

9. roy

July 6, 2008 at 8:16 am

i wasn't to impressed with this card, the forrest rampage fight did not live up to expectations, i thought rampage looked like shit but i had him winning i will have to watch that fight again to see.rampage won the first round forrest dominated the 2nd but the last 3 where close but i gave them to rampage i thought you had to do more to take the belt.

10. Morey

July 6, 2008 at 9:05 am

I think it almost lived up to expectations. Forrest fought a great fight and Rampage rocked him a ton of times. You saw Rampages power and Forrests heart. I agree with you though Roy that you have to do more to take the belt. On the bright side, I would really like to see Rampage fight Wandi again.

11. hitdabrx

July 6, 2008 at 10:23 am

rampage got robbed man i guess leg kicks are worth more then punches to the face………. and was i the only one that noticed rogan sucked forrest's dick throughout the whole fight wats up wit that

12. Doumbret

July 6, 2008 at 10:44 am

I don't know how the judge see the fight … I give the 1-3-4 round to Jackson and the Second (10-8) and fifth to Forrest So In my scorbord it was a Draw

13. whodini

July 6, 2008 at 11:31 am

yeah it was close Griffin looked like the aggressor to me .. i dunno … maybe cause the Ramp didnt dominate

so Forrest looked better?

14. eric

July 6, 2008 at 11:42 am

Give forrest his respect cuz he won that fight and if u think he didnt, then u must be a big rampage fan, alot of people dont understand that leg kicks scores in a fight, he landed more leg kicks tha rampage landed punches

15. Oswald Gobblecock

July 6, 2008 at 11:57 am

I don't think Rampage got robbed, my whole table and tables around me thought Forrest won but it was a close fight and it was an awesome fight so I don't know what you saw Roy. That was a slug fest, the only thing that would have made it better would have been a knock out but it was a great fight. I don't know how people think Rampage got robbed. I've seen the fight twice, watch it again maybe to see if you see why Forrest won.

16. Ryan S

July 6, 2008 at 12:13 pm

I agree with Oswald. It was a great fight. They both fought well, but Forest was the aggressor for most the fight. Rampage rocked him a few times, but it didn't really hurt forest. He has a really good chin. His leg kicks were doing a lot of damage too. I agreed with the judging and I think there should be a Rampage vs. Griffin 2.

17. Ryan S

July 6, 2008 at 12:15 pm

I was also really happy to see Stevenson pull off that win. His defense from the omaplata definately says something about his jiu-jitsu. The Koscheck, Lytle fight was pretty good too. Koscheck didn't really irritate me too much.

18. PoppyNick

July 6, 2008 at 12:36 pm

I thought it was a great fight but I had Rampage winning the 1st, 3rd, and 4th round and Forrest taking 2 & 5. The 2nd round could have been a 10-8 which to me would make it a draw and I still wouldn't have Griffen winning. The unanimous decision was even a huge shocker to me as well. I've watched it 3 times now and still do not see how the decision went like that…..but they are professional judges not me…..I just don't agree…lol.

19. dane drebin

July 6, 2008 at 2:24 pm

i scored it a draw aswell and i didnt care who was gunna win i like btoh fightetrs but i dont think rampage should have gotten his title taken away on that 3 and 4 coulda gone either wat but i think they both went to rampage because he was landing cleaner shots and they made forest fly back each time he hit him. i dunno i just feel bad for rampage my hats off to forest but there better be a rematch soon.

20. PoppyNick

July 6, 2008 at 2:32 pm

I fully agree with you on every thing you said dane, I like both fighter also and didn't care who won. Definitely want to see a rematch now.

21. Oswald Gobblecock

July 6, 2008 at 3:12 pm

I like both as well but I gave 3 rounds to Forrest but you could argue for both. Plus that 2 round was a 10 – 8 so I thought Forrest deserved it. A rematch would be awesome but Rampage needs to work his way back up like every other champ that has lost. I still want to see Chuck get another crack at Rampage. I'd also like to see Rampage fight Silva again. So many great match ups at 205.

22. dane drebin

July 6, 2008 at 6:08 pm

it was such a close fight and could have gone either way it was fight of the year so far how can u say it didnt live up to expectations roy? maybe the judging was bad but the fight itself was awesome anyone can see that.

23. steve

July 6, 2008 at 11:22 pm

how did u get a draw? Not saying it wasnt close but how did u score it.It is a 10 point must system. So u can give a round 9-9 unless their is a point taken away.

24. steve

July 6, 2008 at 11:23 pm

cant*

25. steve

July 6, 2008 at 11:46 pm

so u must have gave forrest 10-8 and rampage 3 round to 2.Right?

26. roy

July 7, 2008 at 1:11 am

it probally didn't live up to expectations to me because i felt that rampage looked like shit,it was a close fight but he did not look good to me, i still had him winning but not in good fashion, i expected to see the fireworks he promised and he looked flat.it was not a horrible call it was close i just saw it going his way and he was the champ so forrest should have done more to take the belt.i am not a huge fan of either but i like both of them as well.i thought the rest of the card was ok at best and bought the event mostly for that fight and i did not feel we saw the best of both fighters.

July 8, 2008 at 12:02 am