UFC 87: Roger Huerta vs. Kenny Florian

Updated: April 28, 2008
roger-huerta

According to MMAWeekly, lightweight contenders Roger Huerta and Kenny Florian likely face off at UFC 87 on August 9 in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

Although this lightweight match up combined with Brock Lesnar vs. Mark Colman will surly draw big crowds, the UFC is expected to announce a true main event for this card.

Sources from both fighters’ camps have confirmed that Kenny Florian will face Roger Huerta at UFC 87…Both fighters have received and are expected to sign their bout agreements.

1. whodini

April 28, 2008 at 1:18 pm

this should be a good fight i think both fighters will be put to the test

2. Kash

April 28, 2008 at 2:14 pm

Sweet. I'm going with Kenflo in this fight.

3. Nicks

April 28, 2008 at 7:02 pm

This is one is hard to pick for me. Kenflo is great but I think Huerta might have a slight edge with explosiveness.

Should really be test for both of them.

4. Thomas

April 28, 2008 at 11:20 pm

I like both of them because they push the pace. It will be exciting. I don't see how it can go 3 rounds. I hope in this case that it doesn't end from a cut from a Kenflo elbow.

April 29, 2008 at 12:07 am

kenflo is going to win

6. whodini

April 29, 2008 at 2:18 am

yup i think huerta has an edge cause of his stamina and power but kenflo has been looking awesome latley and he is very comfortable on his back and is usually in good shape also

7. Realwun

April 29, 2008 at 5:53 am

I agree that this fight can go either way. I'm going to go with Florian because I think he wants the title shot more right now. Huerta is going to school and balancing life so I would like to see where his head is at with MMA.

8. RIC

April 29, 2008 at 8:04 am

Huerta is a great fighter (as is Florian) But I give Huerta the edge in stand up and strength. I think he keeps kenflo from the takedown and beets him in the stand up.

Huerta TKO RD2 3:35.

9. RIC

April 29, 2008 at 8:05 am

Thats right I said beet him, with beets. No I mean to say Beat. Thank You.

10. roy

April 29, 2008 at 9:21 am

its a tough one, but every time i think kenflo is going to lose he wins so i will go with kenflo on this one and maybe he will lose.

11. Onri

April 29, 2008 at 11:12 am

Me too I always count Kenny out because he looks like a dork, but man has that guy proved me wrong.

12. Ryan S

April 29, 2008 at 11:17 am

I too am at a loss for a clear winner of this fight. I love watching both fighters though so I don't think I'll be upset either way. I must say though, Huerta does a pretty good job of holding his own against jiu jitzu fighters. It'll be a great fight. I hope Mark coleman beats Brock Leznars face into the ground. Leznar has no right to fight great fighters like Coleman and Mir. He should have to work his way up like everyone else.

13. Dave

April 29, 2008 at 3:02 pm

Ken Flo's most deadly weapon are his sharp and bony elbows in his ground and pound technique. Before the Guida fight, I thought Huerta was superb on the ground, defying BJJ specialists a submission. But when Guida took him down with ease and owned him the first 2 rounds with his ground and pound, I saw the weakness in Huerta. Ken Flo is the worst possible match up for Huerta who is coming off an 8+ month break to fight Florian who is coming off an impressive win streak since his loss to Sherk. Ken Flo will study the Guida fight and just take Huerta down and he won't make the same mistake Guida did. I see it going to a decision with Ken Flo dominating all 3 rounds on the ground.

14. whodini

April 30, 2008 at 1:18 am

kenflo does look like a dork thats funny he looks like he should be mowing my lawn but he does come to fight

15. STEVEO

April 30, 2008 at 2:12 am

I think this has the build up to be a great fight, both exciting fighters, they both definitely bring it and I am looking forward to it. I am also taking Florian either by TKO or decision.

16. Thomas

April 30, 2008 at 2:12 am

Whodini, Kenny could cut your lawn using his elbows.

17. Jake

May 31, 2008 at 7:08 am

Both well rounded fight but i gotta give it to my boy Huerta

Hes explosive and hard to control not to mention his stand up has improved alot and he is great on the ground

and as far were his heads at REALWUN hes one of the most composed centered fighters ive ever seen, no question hes going to be 100% mentally prepared for this fight

seacrest out….

18. christa

August 3, 2008 at 9:19 am

Roger Huerta is going to kick some butt… seems every fight he is treated like the underdog – but he is so determined, he'll find a way to pull it out! Nothing but solid faith in Roger

19. Jessica

August 6, 2008 at 11:45 am

Roger Huerta is going to kick Kenflo's ass… He has way more heart and is an amazing fighter!;) Go Roger!

20. Kash

August 6, 2008 at 11:54 am

I keep teetering on this fight but my gut says Ken Flo will pull something out.