UFC 88 Results LIVE “Chuck Liddell vs. Rashad Evans”

ufc-88-results

UFC 88 “breakthrough” Live Saturday, September 6, from the Philips Arena in Atlanta, GA.

UFC legend Chuck “The Iceman” Liddell will face undefeated light heavyweight contender “Sugar” Rashad Evans in the main event.

CageToday.com will have live results of the undercards starting at 8pm EST with the Pay-Per-View to follow at 10pm EST.

RESULTS AFTER THE JUMP!

MAIN CARD

• Chuck Liddell vs. Rashad Evans
    Result: Rashad Evans defeats Chuck Liddell by KO (Overhand Right) at 1:51 of R2.
  • Rich Franklin vs. Matt Hamill
    Result: Rich Franklin defeats Matt Hamill by TKO (Strikes) at 0:39 of R3.
  • Dan Henderson vs. Rousimar Palhares
    Result: Dan Henderson defeats Rousimar Palhares by Unanimous Decision. (30-27 x2, 29-28)
  • Martin Kampmann vs. Nate Marquardt
    Result: Nate Marquardt defeats Martin Kampmann by TKO (Punches) at 1:22 of R1.
  • Matt Brown vs. Dong Hyun Kim
    Result: Dong Hyun Kim defeats Matt Brown by Split Decision. (29-28 x2 Kim, 29-28 Brown)

PRELIMINARY CARD

• Thiago Tavares vs. Kurt Pellegrino
    Result: Kurt Pellegrino defeats Thiago Tavares by Unanimous Decision. (29-27 x2, 29-28)
  • Mike Patt vs. Tim Boetsch
    Result: Tim Boetsch defeats Michael Patt by TKO (Punches) at 2:03 of R1.
  • Jason Lambert vs. Jason MacDonald
    Result: Jason MacDonald defeats Jason Lambert by Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 1:20 of R2.
  • Roan Carneiro and Ryo Chonan
    Result: Ryo Chonan defeats Roan Carneiro by Split Decision. (29-28 Carneiro, 29-28 x2 Chonan)
UFC 88 Links

UFC 88 News
UFC 88 Weigh-In Results
UFC 88 Betting Odds
Chuck Liddell vs. Rashad Evans Likely
Jason MacDonald to replace the injured Jason Day

August 19, 2008 at 3:58 pm

chuck win by knock out… rich vs hamil will be badass… kampman vs Nate should get the winner of cote vs anderson

2. T.R.

August 20, 2008 at 12:05 am

i'm excited to see how henderson looks after 2 losses. i hope that rashad doesn't dance around and run the whole time with chuck!

3. DanP

August 20, 2008 at 1:02 am

Yeah, Worried about this Match up for Hendo – He doesn't have the best record against elite Jitsu guys (loses to Little Nog and Arona in Pride)

Hope he wins – the 2 loses are deceptive – Very Close fight against Rampage and WHO can beat Anderson Silva???

4. STEVEO

August 20, 2008 at 1:07 am

I agree with you Dan, if you lose ten fights in a row to the likes of rampage and silva it really doesnt matter. He gave rampage all he wanted and actually made it out of the first round with silva which is more than most can say. He should win this fight though

5. Oswald Gobblecock

August 20, 2008 at 7:06 am

I wish Dan an Rich were fighting each other at 185.

6. derek

August 20, 2008 at 8:26 am

i don't get why this results thread is posted so early. the fights are on 9/6… 2 weeks from now.

7. Ryan S

August 20, 2008 at 8:59 am

haha. You didn't watch it? Aw man, it was awesome. Yeah, that is wierd.

8. Ryan S

August 20, 2008 at 12:43 pm

also, I don't remember Liddell having such definition in his abs. Gotta love that air brushing

9. Dan Auito

September 6, 2008 at 1:15 pm

You just gotta luv Chuck. The guy looks like your avaerage Joe, but will murder you with one punch if you make a mistake and leave the left side of your head open one time.

Liddell is the bomb. GO Chuck!

10. just another MMA dud

September 6, 2008 at 2:19 pm

Oh my good lord, why! I just witnessed Rashad Evans pinching his nipples while standing in the Octagon. Did anyone else notice that? How does Chuch combat that?

11. crynot

September 6, 2008 at 2:38 pm

I called it!!!!!!! Rashad, yeah baby. What a KO!!!!!!!!! Sugar Rashad, flying high tonight!!!!!!

12. CagE

September 6, 2008 at 2:41 pm

Chuck KOed

Unbealiveble, beat Liddell with his own punch.

13. jimmy

September 6, 2008 at 2:54 pm

I really hate to ask this, but is Chuck done? Now he's lost three out of his last four fights. That really sucks. Hands up to Rashad though.

14. rr

September 6, 2008 at 2:57 pm

i am ready for chuck to come back with everthing he has. all you here is how hard he can hit. i want to see the hole package from him he has some real nasty kicks to but dosn't us them so much when he should. when you watch him fight before he got famouse he had a look in his eye. just like mike tyson had before he become famouse. it was a look like they wanted to take your life and fire in his eyes are not there. chuck i am a big fan of yours and oalso no you cant win every fight but every fight will make you stronger and smarter. stay in there show the world what you can do you are more then a hard puncher all you need to do is show them.

15. derek

September 6, 2008 at 3:09 pm

now it will be rashad vs wanderlei. winner gets griffin!

16. tlos

September 6, 2008 at 3:29 pm

that was a rough ass pay per view. all the way down to rich franklin's shorts. his sponsor looks like it was a sticker made from word pad. i'm glad the next ufc 89 is free since this just seemed lackluster in my own opinion. it had the potential, but just didn't seem to get going. i have no clue why matt brown was the opener and not jason lambert vs. jason macdonald. that could have been the best fight of the night even. the rashad vs liddell just looked so awkward from the jump. this will give rashad's brother in the ultimate fighter all the more exposure during the season if he stays a contender. huge win for evans tonight. and i see nate going in soon for a title shot. he looks better with each fight.

17. Realwun

September 6, 2008 at 3:43 pm

Chuck has been knocked down before but never out cold. The question for any fighter after something like that is can you come back mentally because you do feel vulnerable.

Part of what makes Chuck a good fighter is that he loves it in the cage so hopefully he can put this behind him and not come back conservative. I think he is still a top fighter, could happen to anyone. The question is who do you set Chuck up against next?

18. Mma

September 6, 2008 at 3:46 pm

Why would they have Rashad fight Wanderlei when he LOST to chuck in his last fight?

I saw Rashad winning from the announcement of the fight months ago… he's not the hunger and the skill. and he gets better with every fight. Now he's fighting with the big boys and he looks BETTER.

Everyone has their time… i think Chucks has past… Wanderlei (while a great guy) and even Couture (an even greater guy) are awesome fighters… you have to know when to move on.

19. Realwun

September 6, 2008 at 3:58 pm

Chuck is so efficient with his energy that his age doesn't play as big a role as other fighters. The hardest fighers to fight are the Liddels who have such subtle faints that its hard to catch their rhythm and find their patterns. He could be champ again but it depends on how much he wants it.

I don't think Wandi is past his prime but I don't think he will ever be champion because of his size. You saw how Chuck kept him at bay with is length and other fighters will do that too.

20. KOPower

September 6, 2008 at 4:26 pm

Chucks a bad ass who will be back in the cage knocking heads off again. I'm not worried about him. Whos the no. 1 contender then. I don't really see anyone for Forrest right now.

21. Mukphly

September 6, 2008 at 4:27 pm

Anyone have a link to a replay of this fight? Thanks.

22. Oswald Gobblecock

September 6, 2008 at 4:36 pm

I can't believe you're happy about Rashad beating Chuck crynot! You're 1 in a few I guess, he's way too cocky and Chuck is over the hill and fought like shit tonight cause his game plan sucked. All he did was set up left rights the whole night. He needed to kick more.

23. fabian in cali

September 6, 2008 at 4:37 pm

wow!

Chuck needs more of his stupid drinks with that sluty ugly skinny girl from that dumb ass commercial…..

dude Rashad, has so much power and strength .

this victory raises the bar for Forrest.

he will get knocked the fu?? out too………

Sugar……Way to go

24. roy

September 6, 2008 at 4:42 pm

that was a shocker for me, chuck never found his range and turned into a robot coming forward just looking for the overhand right knock out and did not mix it up.

25. mark owusu

September 6, 2008 at 5:02 pm

rashed is a monster chuck better stay away from him.

26. Ryan S

September 6, 2008 at 5:34 pm

All I have to say is I told you so. I said Rashad can do it and everyone said no, and I said Franklin could do it and everyone said no. Screw you guys, I'm going home. That rear naked choke and body triangle by Jason McDonald was just sick. I love that combo.

27. dan jones

September 6, 2008 at 6:05 pm

I am so disapointed that chuck lost I wonder what he will do know.

28. Nikolai

September 6, 2008 at 7:33 pm

Yeah that whole range thing was probably part of Greg Jackson's game plan in getting chuck to always come forward, and they knew he would.

I mean did you see the distance rashad kept between liddell?

some people now are saying how great rashad is, but i credit Greg Jackson more. Imagine if rashad fought himself with that same game plan. Nothing would happen. It needs someone to come forward, and it was Jackson that capitalized on it to formulate that game plan

if you look at it skill wise, in what area did rashad beat liddell? The only think keeping that overhand right from being a "lucky punch" was that game plan.

…yeah you can tell, i don't like rashad

29. whodini

September 6, 2008 at 9:26 pm

All i can say is WOW,,,,,Chuck got knocked the fuck out!!…that was crazy …i guess i was wrong he did kinda chase him , then Chuck bolcked Evans right with his head …

September 6, 2008 at 11:24 pm

whats next for chuck??

also evans vs forrest.. season 1 vs season 2

31. Ryan S

September 7, 2008 at 12:35 am

evans also did a lot of running. That was kind of irritating

32. Nichole Lesniak

September 7, 2008 at 12:52 am

As great as that punch was, Evans just irks me. #1 – the nipple thing and the Bill Gates shirt. WTF??? #2 – the constant running throughout the fight. Chuck was winning the fight until that punch. #3 – the SHOWBOATING! Crap, is Evans the second coming of Shonie Carter??? Yes, you won. Show some freakin humility!

The whole fight was just proof that all it takes is ONE well timed punch. ALL fighters are vulnerable to it.

33. Businessman

September 7, 2008 at 1:54 am

You are right on many levels Nichole and Ryan but it looks like fighters are starting to see that you don't have charge your oppononet and take him down or start going blow for blow. In the last 15 or so UFCs, we are seeing some great game plans being put together. From Lyoto Machiada's style, to Jardine fight against Chuck, Evans last night, and you might even put Kenny Florian's fight over Huerta in, these guys are baiting, tiring, frustraiting their opponents into making mistakes, getting upset, and forgetting their gameplan. Because, yes, all it takes is for you to let your guard down for one second, and the one punch or submission is on. As long as you are not doing a Kaleb imitation, then you are OK. We are seeing a new strategy where these guys are not blowing their wad in the first round, in fact they are willing to fight enough to frustrate their opponent and then they let it all go, even if they lose the round. Love him or hate him, you have to give it to Evans because he beat, and I say BEAT him at his own game. That was what frustrated Chuck more than anything…that Evans was not trying to take him down.

Hey Steve….Steve, where are you??? You must be hiding out because you were trashing me and others for saying that Evans was a real fighter and that Chuck better be careful. You said that I was not a "knowledgeable MMA fan"…who is knowledgabel now? How did picking Chuck work out for you? This is the perfect example of why you should respect other people's opinion and stop trashing them like you know it all. There are times when we are alll right or wrong. Please learn to disagree and be able to argue without sounding like a know-it-all and trashing others!

34. Realwun

September 7, 2008 at 3:09 am

I spent a few weeks at Jacksons right when Rashad first showed up after TUF. Let me tell you the movements in the cage is how he likes to get his rhythm and feel comfortable. He starts fights too nervous but at a certain point close to the end of the first I saw that he got comfortable in there.

He's not cocky. He does a lot of antics to joke around and to entertain people, not because he thinks he is the greatest fighter in the world. He did the nipple thing because people make fun of his nipples, it was a joke. I didn't get the Bill Gates thing but I think that was probably an inside joke.

If you watch TUF 2 he is a lot like that just laid back and likes to joke and laugh.

He's real down to earth though. Greg used to bring his kids to the morning workout and one time a mat accidentally fell on them when they were playing. By the time I heard the noise Rashad was jumping over the baricade to get there and help them.

35. Realwun

September 7, 2008 at 3:13 am

I think Nicolai nailed the gameplan. Chuck likes guys who come foward (Wandi). So by Rashad staying away Chuck at some point would have to become the aggressor. Going after Chuck and making him counter is like a death sentence in the cage.

36. T.R.

September 7, 2008 at 5:13 am

i really think that chuck still has fight in him but the reason rashad had a great game plan is because EVERYONE knew what type of fight chuck would fight. chuck really needs to evolve his fighting style. he's a counter fighter and everyone knows this. both jackson and evans hurt chuck when he became offensive.

i wish that chuck would change training camps and learn some new techniques. The sport is moving past his kempo style very quickly.

37. Nikolai

September 7, 2008 at 5:32 am

Seeing how someone agreed with me, I'm going to further show my dislike to Rashad by proposing that Rashad… had nothing to do with that win.

oh yes you read right

I think you could have put any average UFC fighter, given them Greg Jackson's game plan and put them up against that same Chuck Liddell, and there would be the same probability of TKO/KO 'ing chuck.

Chuck was very anxious to get a decisive win, and was constantly pushing the pace, backing rashad against the fence. The running around & the large distance, frustrated chuck and made him take even more risks to get that TKO.

That gives rashad OR the average UFC fighter a higher probability of landing that well timed punch.

I don't rank rashad's striking any higher than an average UFC fighter.

lol, i guess i really don't like rashad

38. Onri

September 7, 2008 at 5:42 am

What a dumbass. So I guess Rashad is just the luckiest guy on Earth. His 17 wins coming by luck. It was a good punch with everything on it.

But I like your theory so why don't you go get a Greg Jackson gameplan, then corner yourself on the cage with Chuck coming down on you, and you go knock him out. I'd love to see that.

39. Nikolai

September 7, 2008 at 5:52 am

Oh no Onri, no where did I say I was taking away ALL of Rashad's wins. But how does Rashad win? via wrestling, where did he use that in the Liddell fight? Did he all of a sudden become an A level striker?

As for my theory, I did say an average UFC fighter, and I didn't say they would KO chuck, I said they would have the same probability as rashad.

40. ron shaw

September 7, 2008 at 6:04 am

my opinion is rashad is an B level striker with A level power. thats pretty good. forrest is the champ and i think he developed into an A level striker with B level power.

41. whodini

September 7, 2008 at 6:07 am

im with you Nikolai all the way it just seems like he falls into the wins … im sure its the way we see it .. but come on nobody likes Rasheed .. i know i still dont …lol

42. ron shaw

September 7, 2008 at 6:11 am

i know that people don't like rashad and when he Ko'd Chuck i knew it was going to get worse. people are really not going to like rashad now.

43. Oswald Gobblecock

September 7, 2008 at 7:18 am

Chuck looked like shit in this fight long before he got knocked out. Did you hear the crowd boo? How many Chuck fights have you heard boos? True it was because Rashad was keeping away but Chuck was so damn predictable. All he did was look for that big right and toss in some weak jabs. He needed to kick alot more. The Chuck who fought Silva was awesome. That Chuck wasn't fighting Rashad. I knew it was gonna be a bad fight for Chuck 2 minutes in if he didn't step it up.

44. Businessman

September 7, 2008 at 8:25 am

It looks like people don't like Evans for either his antics or for his past boring wins…well, guess what, those are the reasons he is going to keep surprising, upsetting, and frustrating his way to victories. In regarsds to the antics, he does a lot of that to get under his opponents skin. For anyone that has competed in anything, you know how important the mental aspect of a competition is. You could see it on Chuck's face where he was thinkin, "I can't beleive this guy is trying to stand up with me. I am gonna knock his ass out." That is waht Evans was trying to do-get chuck to be the aggresor and that is what he did. In regards to the past boring wins, this guy is still learning MMA. Even yesterday, he made some mistakes. He is only going to get better. The only way he could have gotten some of those past wins was to lay, but at least he kept learning along the way and he is starting to become something. Evans is not a class A striker and he never will be. But he more than makes up for it with his power and quickness. His quickness made his punch get there faster than Chucks. They both threw a punch at the same time and had Evan's punch missed, was slower, etc, Evans would have been eating canvass.

As for Chuck, I think he is pretty much done. He is 1 – 3 in last 4 matches and he has not looked in any of them, even in the Silva match that went the distance. Who was the last person that he knocked out? Evans is still learning, Jardine is a Class B fighter…if these guys can beat him, you know that the gameplan is out ther on how to beat Chuck. Chuck has great power but he is a counterpuncher. You can beat him by not being overly aggresive. The thing that stands out the most about his three losses is that he was knocked out of two and beaten in the stand up game on the third- if 2 years ago, someone would have told me that Chuck would lose 3 of 4, I would guess that most if not all the losses would be via submission, not standup. It is to late for him to evolve. He will go down as one of the greatest and probably the most popular of all time, but he needs to consider giving it up before he starts to remind us of Ken Shamrock.

As for Evans, he is only going to get better. I may draw a lot of critism for this next comment but I drew a lot before I predicted his win over Chuck (and look what happened), but I think he will cause a lot of problems if he fights Forrest. Not that Forrest doesnt have the advantage in submissions and is a better striker but Evans is way to fast and quick for Forrest. Chuck is a better a striker and look at what happenes when you factor in quickness. I could see Evans beating Forrest.

Love him or hate him, Way to go Evans!!!

45. STEVEO

September 7, 2008 at 9:45 am

I also can see him beating forrest however I can see just about anyone else beating forrest, i didnt see the fight but I WAS WAY WRONG, I didnt see it but I saw the weigh in and chuckles wasnt looking too impressive, time to stop trying to be famous and worry about fighting before you can get in the washed up line with alot of other fighters out there. I really just dont like evans which is why this is hard to swallow but now I suppose he deserves a shot.

46. steve

September 7, 2008 at 9:53 am

Wow this card was fucking boring besides the Marquardt and Liddell fight. I agree with everything you said Nichole but I still think that this wasnt a case of anyone is vulnerable I just think that he is slowed down with age, lost some power and ever since Rampage clipped his chin everyone is wanting to test his chin. He has been dropped in every single fight since losing to rampage and I thnk that all that never blocking face face Ill hit u before u hit me shit is over and he better re-evaluate his gameplan and that it should include blocking shots to the faceand leaving urself vulnerable every time u throw. I was completly worng and I will admit it. I thought that Hamill had evolved his stand up and that he would be able to take Rich down. But that wasnt the case. I still think Rich is getting KO'd against any of the top 205 pounders. Marquardt looked very good and I am looking forward to seeing him fight again. They should put him against Henderson to have the winner get a title shot and Rematch with Anderson. Also Rashad is NOT a top 5 fighter just because he knocks out Chuck. 5 guys that are better 1.Forrest 2.Rampage 3. Wanderlei 4.Lyoto

5.Shogun All these guys will more then likely beat up rashad. Rashad before this fight had really lost to tito bt was saved from a loss by a point taken away and Bisping eat the hell out of him standing and he got his points of takedowns. I think that even Rashad was shocked to knock chuck out especially like that. The fighter I want to see Rashad fight is either Machida or A Silva. B/c both those guys are very elussive and it would be interesting seeing Rashad get fucked up at his own game.

47. steve

September 7, 2008 at 9:59 am

ALso Bussinessman people dont like Rashad b/c he thinks he is way better then he is. Beating Chuck dont make u a title contender. Chuck has looked like shit besides his fight with Wanderlei since losing to Rampage. Rashad did a good job of running losing the first round and catching chuck on the chin. I would like to see him try and swing for the fences on Wanderlei. I mean seroisly whoever pointed out the nipple thing I know when I saw that I was like WTF and the bill Gates shitrt ?? Retarded as fuck. He will lose his next fight and we will go back to thinking that he is just another fighter. Or maybe he will priove me wrong and win his next fight but until that happens I still think him beating chuck was a fluke and that he is WAY OVERRATED by alot of people.

48. steve

September 7, 2008 at 10:04 am

STEVEO u think he deserves a tilte shot??? LMAO that is fucking hilarious. Like I said he had really I and a lot of other people thought feel he lost his last 2 fights coming into this one and I dont think he would beat chuck again if they fought. But he deserves a shot before Rampage? He better string together a couple of impressive performances before u give him a shot. Now if he beats a on the rise fighter or a title contender then he desrves it but not yet.

49. Businessman

September 7, 2008 at 10:37 am

steve, I agree with you in that he is not ready for a title match. Don't get me wrong, I am not an Evans fan nor do I think he deserves a shot at the title, I just knew with the combination of him improving, him being quicker and Chuck starting to go downhill and being slower, this was not going to be a easy fight for Chuck. The UFC 205 division is the most stacked division in anywhere. I agree that Evans is not in the top five. I agree that your top five are better. I am sure there are others. And he is a weirdo but some athletes thrive of being hated and being antagonistic…look at Bill Lambier (sp?), Bill Romanowski, Terry Owens, Chad Johnson, these are all guys that purposely do things to try to get their opponents to hate them so much that they get off their game.

I also agree with the winner of Nate versus Dan meeting silva…I just don't see how either of them beat him. I will say that the two of them looked the best out of all the other fighters that have gone up against Silva.

50. steve

September 7, 2008 at 10:51 am

Bussinessman i agree and I understand what ur saying about Rashad and his type of athlete. Tito is the same way.

51. Ryan S

September 7, 2008 at 12:55 pm

I agree with both of you Steve and Businessman. I don't think Rashad would do the same thing a second time. I'm not discrediting for his win, but if you watch the replay, you can tell the only reason Rashad won is that his hand got there first. I don't think he should have a title shot next, and if he did, I don't see him taking Forrest.

Completely unrelated, has anyone else seen this Techno-viking on youtube? Fucker looks just like Jardine.

52. steve

September 7, 2008 at 2:11 pm

OMFG Ryan S u are my best fucking friend now lol I had the Techno Viking on my Myspace and I put look at Jardine going Techno in Europe.Thank god somebody else saw that b/c everytime I see that I laugh my ass off. I like how they guy looks rather homosexual and they are all scared of him. Wow that is old too like 2 yrs old too crazy u brought it up.

53. steve

September 7, 2008 at 6:20 pm

Anyone ever take a look at the posts on mmajunkie.com Those guys are fucking annoying. Anyways one guy was saying that Machida doesnt deserve a title shot and that Rashad does and baced it up by saying that Machidas biggest win is by Tito Ortiz saying that that wasnt a big win. Okay well since Tito really beat Rashad 2 rounds to 1 round I think that is a dumb arguement. Anyone else think that Rashad isnt ready for a title shot. He looked like shit his last 2 fights basically losing them both but having the judge or refs help him. Well he aint gonna KO Forrest ill bet on that and his tactics wont work on him either. Forrest will overwhelm him and heres the problem I have if Rashad does beat Forrest then all he will do with the belt is lose it in his next fight. I want to see a champ that can defend the belt a couple of times not hit an old chuck liddell that is soooo cocky he dont block punches. Yeah chuck got caught but 3-5 yrs ago that punch would have ended the fight and Rashad would be the one waking up. I may talk too much bad about rashad but its the truth when I say that he hasnt beaten an actual contender yet. Chuck was only getting a title shot b/c he is chuck and for what he has accomplished not his skills now. Rashad will not be able to do the things he needs to do to beat Forrest. Also I feel that will noot have the big money that a fight with maybe Anderson Silva vs Rashad would have. Nobody draws a bigger crowd then A. Silva right now. Not even Forrest. But wait what about all the people that rashad cant beat. He jumps ahead of them b/c he KO'd Liddell? People r saying and thinking that Rashad takes Liddells place in line for a title shot b/c he earned it by beating the so called #1 contender lol. Chuck is not and will never again be that. Chuck had lost 2 of his last 3 coming into the fight and was going to get a title shot. Hmmm thats interesting.Wanderlei would wipe the floor with Evans and so would about anyone I named in my posts a few times ago. I am fuming to see how Dana handles things. It is making the division more unclear and bringing up more questions than there are answers. Fighters get hurt and only fight like 2-3 times a year. So why not make the best fights and give us the people what we want to see. I know a lot of us dont want to see Rashad vs Forrest more then Rashad vs Anderson or even Rampage vs Forrest 2.

54. Jake

September 7, 2008 at 11:18 pm

ATTN: Chuck Liddell

1. WTF are you doing throwing a lead uppercut?

2. If you got your lazy ass in shape maybe you could hold your hands up to defend against getting blasted on the chin.

3. You suck when you chase. Try controlling the center of the cage and force your opponent to come to you.

4. Jab and leg kick both of these set up your bombs. You've become a predictable one handed fighter.

5. The skank whore and stripper diet has made you soft. Not even viagra can help.

55. Luke

September 7, 2008 at 11:29 pm

Rashad fought the perfect fight. All through the 1st round i could see Chuck getting frustrated and i thought he would come out more aggresive in the 2nd which turned out to be his downfall. I feel bad for Chuck but it seems Rashad isn't getting much respect for what he just did, Mike Goldberg kept talking about how Liddell nearly caught Evans with an uppercut and all the post fight reaction from the anouncers was all based on Liddell nearly hitting that punch and wondering whether he will be back.

I have to say i didn't think this should have been a number 1 contender match, Rashad's previous 2 fights were a controversal win over Bisping and a controversal draw with Ortiz. Chuck has only won 1 fight since December 2006.

Great knockout by Rashad but i dont think he will beat Forrest. But who knows i was wrong about this one.

56. Nichole Lesniak

September 8, 2008 at 9:09 am

steve:

#1 Chuck did NOT get dropped in every fight since Rampage. Remember the win over Wandy? Chuck didn’t slow with age. Like someone said- the man NEVER changes his gameplan. Evans knew what to do in there. And I disagree that Chuck looked like shit. He was still winning.

#2 Hamill’s problem was that he pulled a Matt Hughes. He tried keeping the fight standing up. The guy is a wrestler! Do what you are good at! He played Franklin’s game and lost.

#3 I agree that Evans is NOT a top 5 fighter. He has not earned a title shot yet either. I don’t care that he has 17 wins. Only one of those wins was over a truly notable fighter. Chuck.

57. roy

September 8, 2008 at 9:43 am

chuck did get dropped by wandy,but he did win the fight and i thought he looked like shit the whole fight moving like a robot just jab than look for the knock out, i thknk he could beat rashad if he went back to mixing it up and yes a better gameplan

58. steve

September 8, 2008 at 11:32 am

Yeah nichole if ur gonna point out my mistakes make sure u know what ur saying He got fropped by Wand. It hit him in the face and he fell. Alsop I said that I thought Hamill had showed improvement in his stand up in the Bisping fight but obviously I was wrong about that. He did try and get the fight to the ground and did just couldnt doing anything when he did. Yeah he treid to stand and u can say he pulled a matt hughes b/c if u watched Hughes fights u would know that hughes tries to stand to set up the shot. Yeah he wants a ko but he in every fight goes for atleast one takedown. The problem with hughes was that people knew it was coming just like franklin. I agree with u when u say he is like hughes just not how he is like hughes. I mean Hughes didnt turn into Ken Shamrock and try and striclty stand he just couldnt get it to the ground.

59. steve

September 8, 2008 at 11:33 am

wow not fropped, dropped* LMAO now whos the jackass right!

60. Lawrence

September 9, 2008 at 4:55 am

Funny how everyone hates on Evans. Don't like his style, don't like the way he moves. But the wins keep comming. You all forget that this man was top of the food chain in Division 3 wrestling. Real wrestling..not that fake Ortiz crap. You should never count someone like that out.

61. Tim

September 9, 2008 at 5:33 am

Same thing with Lesnar…he keeps dominating and winning. i dont like Evans but a win is a win and a loss is a loss but there is a difference as to how you lose and win.

62. roy

September 9, 2008 at 5:53 am

lesnar has one win in the ufc and rashad is a great wrestler but thats not what one him the fight

63. Mike

September 13, 2008 at 6:09 am

Rashad has been a highly under rated fighter from the start, just like Bisping, the Diaz brothers and a few others. Rashad has better boxing ability and better wrestling ability than Chuck.

Chuck utilizes the locked elbow haymaker type shot very well against southies. (he teaches and demonstrates this on Youtube) A couple of times during the fight, Rashad switched to a southie stance and took serious risks with that move. Chuck hits hard, but its the same old wore out punching style…left hook or the right twister! His great take down defense can only save him for so long before people start taking his game apart. Rashad on the other hand took him off his game. He moved rather than be a isolated target and he threw COMBINATIONS! You can't throw 2 punchers all night…this fight is a shining example of that! Love Chuck man, but Rashad is a calm, steady, hard hitting winner!

64. steve

September 13, 2008 at 9:03 am

Wow Lawrence ur talking about tito and rashad wrestling game? Tito outwrestled Rashad and go back and watch the fight Tito won every round. Rashad did nothing at all until there was 10 seconds left and tito gave up the takedown b/c he knew that and he was tired. Diaz brothers underrated?LMAO Nick was ranked lie #2 after he beat Gomi now u tell me who is overrated. And Nate will probally get his ass beat against a c- fighter in Neer. A win over Gomi when Gomi was completly out of it that night. I mean he looked gassed after the first 2 minutes.

65. YC

September 15, 2008 at 8:21 am

ok every who says Evans doesn't deserve a title shot is a idiot, the dude just knocked out former LWH champ and i keep hearing everybody say that Chuck should still be the champ cuz ppl keeping saying if he was to face Rampage again he would win or if he would face Jardine again he would win or even face Evans again he would win, but guess wat chuck didn't win, he LOST. Evans has been winning and proving himself and that match was a number one contender match they were gonna give the title shot to Chuck if he won so its the same for Evans if he won.

And its getting retarded to hear every body make excuses for fighters when they lose, like he wasn't him self that night, or the other guy was running from him, or the guy got a lucky punch, and saying if they were to fight again he would win. When you go in to a fight its up to you to bring all the tools you need to win, and if you don't its all on you if you loose. If you get knocked out, you should of blocked it better, if a guy runs from you, you better have a strategy that works for you against that. You either win or you loose thats it.

66. Nichole Lesniak

September 15, 2008 at 8:25 am

Who Chuck lost to has nothing to do with whether or not Evans deserves a shot. Evans has not proven himself yet – bottom line. Yes, Evans has been winning, but who has he been winning over?

67. YC

September 15, 2008 at 8:34 am

your right doesn't matter who Chuck has been loosing to, but it doesn't matter who Evans has been winning against either, because it was a number one contender match, and Chuck Liddell and Rashad Evans were the 2 picked to fight for it. I don't think it was a number one contender match just for Chuck, that wouldn't make any since.