The guys over at MMARated managed to get some interesting notes at the UFC 90 press conference in Chicago.
* Dana White announced that Mike Swick will be added to the card but stopped short at saying who his opponent will be.
* Chicago is the UFC’s #1 market for pay-per-view revenue.
* When all is said and done, UFC 90 will be the highest-grossing event in the 28-year history of the Allstate Arena, smashing Wrestlemania 22’s record of 2.4 million dollars.
* As of Noon today, UFC 90’s gate has already reached the two million dollar mark.
* White said Anderson Silva could potentially move up to light heavyweight again if he defeats Patrick Cote on October 25th.
* Furthermore, he even hinted at a possible GSP vs. Silva bout at an undetermined catch weight.
* The winner of the Diego Sanchez vs. Thiago Alves bout will receive a welterweight title shot.
* Speaking of Alves, he vowed to have no more issues making weight at 170 lbs.
It sounds like Chicago will be a hotbed for the UFC. Makes sense with a mix of mid-west wrestling fans and a huge Hispanic population who are generally big boxing fans and Anderson Silva, the UFC is primed to make UFC 90 a record breaking success.