UFC 92: Cheick Kongo vs. Mustapha Al-Turk

turk-kerr

After the heavyweight matchup between Cain Velasquez and Mustapha Al-Turk apparently fell through due to injury, it now looks like the Cage Rage heavyweight champion Mustapha Al-Turk already has a new fight in the works. Mustapha Al-Turk is expected to take on French kickboxer Cheick Kongo at UFC 92 on December 27th in Las Vegas.

Al-Turk’s manager Alexis Demetriades:

“We got word from Joe Silva that Velazquez has pulled out due to injury and will be undergoing knee surgery to fix it. It’s a shame as we had a strategy in place and we were all set to go.”

“We were offered Kongo by Joe and we accepted the fight. We were just waiting for Kongo to get his signed bout agreement back before we could confirm it….Everything else is the same. Mus will be fighting on the main card, on pay-per-view. It’s a good fight.”

The annual UFC New Years Eve show is expected to be headlined by TUF 8 coaches Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and Frank Mir and a possible light heavyweight title fight between Forrest Griffin and Rashad Evans.

1. Morey

September 23, 2008 at 11:37 am

Cage Rage champ huh. Could be a good fight.

2. STEVEO

September 24, 2008 at 1:36 am

Agreed, sounds like this could be a good fight for chest pound Kongo. We may have a new player in the heavyweight division.

3. Damian

October 1, 2008 at 3:58 am

This is actually a bad match up for Kongo, I see Al Turk taking him down and finishing him with some heavy G&P.

4. Nima

October 22, 2008 at 10:05 am

I've trained with al turk and believe me, he has strength like nothing youve felt before. I see him winning in the first round via his trademark lethal ground n pound.

5. ron shaw

October 22, 2008 at 12:49 pm

nima that would be great if it goes down like that.

6. Dante

October 26, 2008 at 1:22 am

hey guys! Alturk is a heavy heavy beast!!! this guy will eat Kongo alive :) I can't wait to see this fight

7. petros aikido nicou

November 9, 2008 at 4:57 am

all i can say is thank god mus is my friend and not my enemy,and still belive that he hasent let the beast with in him self ,come out fully yet,god help kongo hes going to meet that beast that the others havant met yet,

8. generalfudge

November 15, 2008 at 11:04 pm

"Watch the back of the head!"

I'm sure Al-Turk will be aware of this going into this fight, as the UFC doesn't allow that.

I agree with Damian above. Bad match-up for Kongo if it hits the floor, which is exactly what I think will happen.

I am really interested in this fight. The winner will fight the loser of the Mir – Nogueira fight.

9. lfs

November 23, 2008 at 6:48 am

mus is gua fuk up kongo

10. mourad

December 27, 2008 at 2:06 pm

Kongo WON !!!! Here the reel answer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Mus Puss

December 28, 2008 at 3:33 am

Mustpha got fukin owned hardcode. He tried but Kongo was just too much too lethal.

12. Rami ''Big

December 29, 2008 at 9:35 pm

Cheick Kongo might be good with his black legs but the black french cunt has too much attitude i think and he's a fucking dirty fighter, the dude is lucky mus picked him for the fight, i'm happy the cunt got hit in his balls (ie: Kongo). Mus did well for stepping up 2 this dude. I personally think mus has balls of fuckin platinum to go up against the french sensation- what a pussy name. FUCK YOU MUS PUSS!!!!!!!!!!

13. Businessman

December 29, 2008 at 11:34 pm

I think Kongo is one dimensional and I don't care for him at all but Mus sucked worse. He did not appear to have a game-plan and nothing that he tried worked. He looked awful and was OWENED!!!