UFC 93 Video: Rich Franklin Talks Fight With Dan Henderson

Updated: January 2, 2009

Life after Anderson Silva, Rich “Ace” Franklin talks about moving up in weight to face Dan Henderson in the main event at UFC 93.

1. Tim

January 2, 2009 at 1:43 am

I like Franklink but i think Henderson will win…this one is a toss up…both men need this win badly to stay alive and in the title hunt picture.

2. MW74

January 2, 2009 at 2:19 am

Damn, how can you not like either guy in this fight…I want to see a battle that goes down to the wire but doesn't go decision….don't think that'll be a problem with these guys…more than likely someone is gonna get caught with a flurry of punches, and THAT will probably be the deciding factor….loser of this match isn't a LOSER…but I don't know if either guy can afford it…Henderson probably more so than Rich(who's record is pretty good outside of matches with silva)

3. RoseDog

January 2, 2009 at 2:24 am

I have nothing but the utmost respect for both men. They are what MMA is all about. I wish others in the UFC would take a few notes. Should be a hell of a fight!

4. roy

January 2, 2009 at 3:11 am

i have been wanting to see this one for awhile, i think dan will take it but it could go either way and both guys are great

5. derek

January 2, 2009 at 4:03 am

i also like both fighters, but as with pride fighters, i think dan henderson is a lot of wanderlei — tons of experience, but already suffering from their battle scars. decreased reflexes, more cautious, less aggressive, etc. franklin should pull this one out.

6. roy

January 2, 2009 at 4:37 am

i am hoping thats not the case but he is 40 yrs old i think

7. dane drebin

January 2, 2009 at 4:46 am

could go eaither way i think rich will be the crisper on the feet

dan will have the takedowns and the clinch and if he lands hat over hand right it could be all over for sure

i think richs ground game and his ability o stand up will decide the fight

then again they might turn this one into a boxing match and see who falls first

my money is on the younger franklin

8. Tim

January 2, 2009 at 6:22 am

I like Franklin he is need of a win more so other than the Silva fights he looked great so you cant bypass his abilities…Dan is also in need of a win should be great fight…best of luck to both men but as long as Silva stays champ none of these guys will become one themselves.

9. Ryan S

January 3, 2009 at 3:13 am

I want Henderson to win just because he needs the win. I do like Franklin though and I agree with Derek, I think he will walk away with his hand raised. Franklin has really good standup and I think Henderson will have some trouble shooting in on Franklin. It will be a good fight though, even if it goes to decision. Both of these men have good conditioning.