UFC 94 “St Pierre vs Penn 2″ Results LIVE

ufc-94-alt-poster

ufc-94-alt-poster

UFC 94 “St-Pierre vs Penn 2″ on January 31st, from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, NV. The card features a UFC superfight between the UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre and the UFC lightweight champion BJ Penn.

Check back with CageToday.com on fight night for live results, starting with the undercards at 8 pm EST.

Live Results after the JUMP…

MAIN CARD

• Georges St. Pierre vs. BJ Penn [T]
    Result: Georges St. Pierre defeats BJ Penn by TKO (Corner Stoppage) at 5:00 of R4.
  • Lyoto Machida vs. Thiago Silva
    Result: Lyoto Machida defeats Thiago Silva by KO (Punches) at 4:59 of R1.
  • Stephan Bonnar and Jon Jones
    Result: Jon Jones defeats Stephan Bonnar by Unanimous Decision. (29-28 x2 and 30-37)
  • Karo Parisyan vs. Dong Hyun Kim
    Result: Karo Parisyan defeats Dong Hyun Kim by Split Decision. (29-28 Kim, 29-28 x2 Parisyan)
  • Nate Diaz vs. Clay Guida
    Result: Clay Guida defeats Nate Diaz by Split Decision. (29-28 Diaz, 29-28 x2 Guida)

PRELIMINARY CARD

• Jon Fitch vs. Akihiro Gono
    Result: Jon Fitch defeats Akihiro Gono by Unanimous Decision. (30-27, 30-27 and 30-26 Fitch)
  • Manny Gamburyan vs. Thiago Tavares
    Result: Thiago Tavares defeats Manny Gamburyan by Unanimous Decision. (29-28 x3 Thiago Tavares)
  • Chris Wilson vs. John Howard
    Result: John Howard defeats Chris Wilson by Split Decision. (29-28 Howard x3, 29-28 Wilson)
  • Jake O’Brien vs. Christian Wellisch
    Result: Jake O’Brien defeats Christian Wellisch by Split Decision. (29-28 Wellisch, 29-28 O’Brien x2)
  • Matt Arroyo vs Dan Cramer
    Result: Dan Cramer defeats Matt Arroyo by Split Decision. (29-28 x2 Cramer , 29-28 Arroyo)

1. zalbag

January 14, 2009 at 8:32 am

No comments yet huh well this could be a 100 post article so ill be the first so u have to look at my comment like a 100 times every time you read this one. Ill go ; penn 2nd round submission, lyoto unanimous decision, karo decision, diaz 2nd round sub, jon jones decision, fitch 2nd round strikes, thiago dec, wellitsch dec, cramer dec.

2. CagE

January 30, 2009 at 6:56 pm

GSP, Lyoto, Karo, Diaz, Bonnar, Fitch, Gamburyan, Wellitsch, Arroyo

3. richaaron

January 31, 2009 at 1:04 am

Dan Cramer, Christian Wellisch, Chris Wilson, Thiago Tavares, Jon Fitch, Jon Jones, Clay Guida, Karo Parisyan, Lyoto Machida and GSP!!!

4. steve

Cramer by tko rd 1

6. whodini

January 31, 2009 at 2:03 pm

well…i was right about the Guida …Diaz fight

7. fedor24

January 31, 2009 at 2:47 pm

Jones looked really impressive. He will be fun to watch at 205.

8. dmunro

January 31, 2009 at 2:49 pm

Looks like the judges are busy tonight. Glad i didn't buy this one.

9. dmunro

January 31, 2009 at 2:57 pm

so far…

10. steve

January 31, 2009 at 3:48 pm

Man Thiago S. really looked bad. He was just off. Reminded me of Big Nog vs Mir. This card really sucked but I cant complain since I watched it for free. Either way BJ got owned like I thought he would. Even predicted it right I gues lol. tko rd 4.Just didnt think the corner would stop it. GSP is just better than him in all the areas of the fight game. Way to go GSP. I knew he would win.

January 31, 2009 at 3:55 pm

wtf that bullshit…we all know that nick diaz woop clays ass.. nate was looking for subs the hole fight and landed more punches like wtf

January 31, 2009 at 3:56 pm

anderson vs GSP please..

13. Jude

January 31, 2009 at 4:10 pm

Way to go GSP!

Bones Jones is going to be fun to watch if he can get in better condition. Good fights , money well spent.

Oh & I think Nate won his fight.

Bonner looked so slow, it was sad. I wanted to see him have a good showing, oh well.

GSP! GSP! GSP!

14. Miko

January 31, 2009 at 4:20 pm

Was nice to see bj eat it after all that trash talk. I cant wait to hear all of his excuses for losing

15. Businessman

January 31, 2009 at 4:21 pm

Even thought many of the fights went to decision, it was a great show…specially after the shitty previous UFC. It was good. I was wrong on most of my predictions but I got GSP right. He is just bigger than BJ and it showed. I am not saying he wouldnt have beat him if they were the same size but it would have at least been closer. This is why I don't think Da Spider would be a match for GSP. Anderson walks arounf at about 205 and he will be to big for GSP. I like Thiago but even though he has looked good, there are some holes in his game. Let's see if Machida gets a shot a Rashad. That would be interesting because they are both counter fighters. Would it be a boring match? We'll see. I thought Nate pulled it out as well but it was close. I did not think Karo won his match. And Jones was not a good stylistic match-up for Bonner. Bonner like to turn the match into a war or is best when he is on top, inside someone's guard. This was a good show!

16. richaaron

January 31, 2009 at 4:34 pm

I called 8 out of the 10. Do I win anything…? Lol.

17. the chad

January 31, 2009 at 4:44 pm

I said gsp 3rd round tko! oops! it was the 4th.. that was the worst bj pen iv ever seen!!

gsp got one more fight and then its anderson

vs gsp!!!

18. dane drebin

January 31, 2009 at 4:48 pm

Damn jon jones is a fuckin monster man hes gunna be something special i thought he knocked out bonnar with that single leg to a spinning elbow for a second what a sick original move.im surprised bonnar survived all that but then again the guy has always been able to take a beating.

wow i had a gut feeling bj was gunna pull out the upset but wow boy was i wrong he got dominated. the first round was pretty even but after that it was all she wrote. ive never seen anyone school penn on the ground like that. im glad bj lost tho cuz now the divisions can get back to normality. cant wait for thiago vs gsp thats gunna be sick! seeing thiagos takedown defense against Kos and karo really made me think this fight could be interesting. i always thought gsp would just take him down and smash him but he totally out wrestled Kos in there fight and didnt get taken down once. Gsp got taken down only once in the fight with kos and totally schooled him too but wow that will be a good fight. CANT WAIT.

I figured Fitch would dominate Gono no big surprise. Now show the guy some respect give him a top 10 opponent and put the guy on the main card he deserves it. hes a cool dude and i would watch him in a main event anyday.

Thiago silva wasnt out of it at all thats how he always fights. The difference tonight was that he was fighting Lyoto machida a guy who has made everyone he's faught against look horrible. Lyoto proved tonight he deserves a title shot. He's beaten 3 ufc champions and out of like 70 something minutes has only been hit 40 times thats crazy. Thiago has been unbeaten but he faught nobody's. the one guy who had a big name that he beat Irvin lost due to a knee injury and was lighting silva up before the injury. silva almost got stopped by antonio mendes for cryin out loud. the guy is a bad mofo no doubt and very talented but i think he is highly overrated.

Diaz vs Guida was a good fight i thought guida won for sure i was surprised it was a split decision. i think diaz should have tried to pull gaurd more and try for triangles thats what he's good at. i think guida was just plain to strong for diaz. time to finally hit the weights diaz and you could be a contender for sure.

Does anyone else think Karo needs to drop to 155? he didnt look bad but that fight was a toss up it could have gone either way for sure. the stun gun is a good welterweight. i think if karo ever wants to be close to a title again he needs to cut the flab and become a 155'er.

19. the chad

January 31, 2009 at 4:50 pm

I Agree anderson is to big for gsp, but it sounds good!

BONES JONES GETS A FEW MORE WINS AND HE WILL

BE A GOOD MATCH!

20. alex

January 31, 2009 at 4:57 pm

Who are the people who voted in mass for Penn for the ''Who will win'' thing? 53%-47% in favor of BJ??? I laughed so much when I saw that before the fight, I'm a big GSP fan but even if I was a BJ fan I wouldn't have picked him victor. Now I just wanna watch the primetime episodes one more time just to laugh at every trashtalk BJ did, like Zahabi said: if BJ lose he will have many razorblades to swallow, well that is if he can swallow anything. Next time is for KenFlo, kick him out of the UFC bro!

21. alex

January 31, 2009 at 5:02 pm

Woulda been so great if GSP spanked his ass like Couture did to Ortiz!

22. Rubs

January 31, 2009 at 5:19 pm

Nice one GSP! haha.. but hats of to them both.. probably future hall of famers

23. Bobby

January 31, 2009 at 5:39 pm

BJ was clearly scared before the fight when he saw GSP. Maybe a little too much vaseline above his eyes too. Clearly disturbed him. A good night. All the bullies lost.

24. T.R.

January 31, 2009 at 5:45 pm

gsp was way too strong for bj. bj just needs to focus on being the best lightweight in the world instead of the best p4p. I am very impressed with gsp. He is so professional and focused.

I hope that bj takes kenflo serious because he trains with greg jackson also and they had bj's number tonight. I'm hoping this will piss bj off so much that he will rip through his next few lightweight challengers.

Machida makes everyone look bad.

I do think that it would be a boring fight also with rashad because of how they both counter fight.

25. kom34

January 31, 2009 at 5:49 pm

i thought gsp would win but his dominating performance was really impressive. i'm looking forward to his fight with thiago alves. but the matchup i'm hoping for one day is gsp vs. anderson silva. make it happen ufc.

TR, when did kenflo start training with greg jackson? i haven't heard anything about that yet.

26. t-los

January 31, 2009 at 5:58 pm

how does Jon Fitch go from fighting for the title against GSP to his next fight not even making the ppv as undercard? he must be running out of his contract or something i mean he has won 16 of his last 17 fights and even gave GSP more of a run for his money then the prodigy did tonight.

27. randy

January 31, 2009 at 5:59 pm

Thiago looked terrible. He never does that. He may have looked bad in his last fight when he was dropped by a headkick but he has never looked like that. bad. Sure part of it was Machida but as you could see he doesnt take cardio to serious and he really had a horrible game plan. To charge a counter striker? Thats not the thiago im use to seeing at all. gsp crushed bj and it wasnt just because of size. he is just better then bj. karo should have lost and also bonnar got raped.

28. the chad

January 31, 2009 at 6:02 pm

THIAGO IS THE ONLY ONE LEFT, THAT CAN BEAT GSP…

GSP SILVA NOT GOOD MATCH UP

RASHAD EVANS vs SILVA! GOOD MATCH

29. dane drebin

January 31, 2009 at 6:04 pm

thiago rushing someone isnt the thiago u know? he's agressive like that in all of his fights thats by medes dropped him. i dont think he lost because of cardio it was the first round for christ's sakes. he lost for two reasons.

1. lyoto is the first fighter close to let alone in the top 10 Silvas faught

2. lyoto beats everyone and thiago was just next in line

30. the chad

January 31, 2009 at 6:04 pm

SORRY IDIDNT MEAN THIAGO

31. alex

January 31, 2009 at 6:05 pm

t-los I heard Fitch and the UFC management had some kind of money conflict so it must be a way to punish him a little bit, well that's what Frank Mir said on ESPN.com after the show

32. the chad

January 31, 2009 at 6:09 pm

THIAGO ALVES SHOULD GIVE HIM A RUN

33. randy

January 31, 2009 at 6:12 pm

Thiago came out bad and very off. He looked bad it just wasnt his night. So u think he had the right gameplan then charging forward or what? Thats not the thiago i know and im saying he didnt look in very good shape. whether he always looks like that or not. U see hws in better shape then thiago looked. he was too cocky and he obviously didnt train with a good gameplan.

34. randy

January 31, 2009 at 6:14 pm

he didnt rush in the houston alexander fight he just got the takedown and crushed him. The gameplan should have been takedown not stand and trade rushing forward the whole time.

35. kom34

January 31, 2009 at 6:20 pm

thiago silva looked slow and sluggish tonight. on top of what dane said i would have to think that if anything, if you're going to chase down machida at least do it agressively. the whole slow walk forward was rediculous. machida got flying knees in on him without any type of defensive reaction.

fitch was punished because he initially refused to agree to give away all future video game rights of his name/image to the ufc. they wanted to own his name forever in games and he didn't like it. so they dropped him and took him back a few days later when he agreed.

36. alex

January 31, 2009 at 6:40 pm

cool then Jon Fitch is gonna be on UFC2075 on xbox14 lol

37. dane drebin

January 31, 2009 at 7:35 pm

im not saying silva had a good game plan he obviously didnt he got his ass handed to him along with his first loss and his first time being knocked out. Alls im saying is dont take anything away from Machida. Thiago threw everything he had at the dragon and was left wanting. Machida doesnt look like much but i think he is good for the sport. who else has a background in Karate and Sumo wrestling let a lone combined. its cool to have someone who isnt just tai and jitz. its time for machida to get a title shot or a top 5 fighter.

38. whodini

January 31, 2009 at 10:58 pm

hmmm? i was right about the G S P fight also …i didnt think B J had enough ass for the game of GSP .. B J is just not in the shape GSP is in …nor will he ever be ..

January 31, 2009 at 11:40 pm

all the fight when the distace but GSP and The CO-main..

Like i have been saying sence i have know about the fight BJ lose in the 4..haha i am a god at calling main fights..

January 31, 2009 at 11:41 pm

john Jones wow watch out 205.. I would like to see john fight matt hamill..

John Jones has the best wresling throws..

January 31, 2009 at 11:46 pm

THIAGO ALVES i think will give GSP a run but at the same time i dont because ALves weak spot is his wrestling..thatbis how fitch beat him and spencer fisher has also beat alves with the takedowns.. but alves has power in both hands and knees and kicks

42. STEVEO

January 31, 2009 at 11:47 pm

I agree Jones looked good, a little gased at the end but good. Mayeb BJ wil shut his damn mouth and stay at lightweight and we can see him drop two fights in a row, lets go Kenflo. He got dominated for 4 rounds. GSP looked huge for a welterweight I would like to see alves get a shot because they are both big ww's think it would be more fun to watch than bj getting punched in the face til he quits.

43. STEVEO

January 31, 2009 at 11:48 pm

also i think karo got a gift. i dont know what those judges saw but i saw nothing to lead me to believe he won that fight and how did one judge score that fight for diaz winning. I still dont understand where they find these judges.

44. whodini

February 1, 2009 at 1:00 am

they might have given it to Karo " the loser" so they can keep him marketable .. never did like him and i was glad to to see Manny ' cheap shot' Gamburyan lose also . and who has Bonner beat lately ? seems like he hit his top rung on his ladder a long time ago he never did seem to pan out at least to me…

45. alex

February 1, 2009 at 1:24 am

Well surprisingly I never saw Bonnar's fights before yesterday, I have like 40 UFC DVDs I just don't happen to have one of his fights. But I was looking to some talents from him since he's kinda known and everybody around me were saying he would win. What a shame he is! I was looking the fight and I was saying: Man just who is that guy? People don't be fast becoming a Jon Jones fan because trust me he will not live long getting so flashy against a worthy opponent. But I have to give it to him he's got some credits for a 21 y old guy

46. STEVEO

February 1, 2009 at 1:26 am

I think bonner is almost like a gatekeeper to being a legit fighter. He lost to forrest twice and rashad once. So other tahn last night his only ufc losses are two the last two lightheavyweight champs. So not too bad, he beat coinflip jardine. I think hes a good fighter just not great and I enjoy watching his fights. Jones looked really good, a bit gassed but in his first fight against a legitimate testes opponent he dominated so I wouldn't count bonnar out yet and he was coming off an injury sometimes it takes these guys a few fights to come back from stuff. He will be around for a while just never a champ. I see him in the second tier of light heavys, hamil, thiago silva. The only reason I say hes a second tier is because until silva beats SOMEBODY hes not quite there yet to me.

47. whodini

February 1, 2009 at 1:31 am

i agree steveo .. i just saw the Karo fight theres no way he won that fight all he did was throw Kim in the second round and hit him once and thats all i saw from him what a bummer

48. whodini

February 1, 2009 at 2:33 am

B j got his ass handed to him it was like he was counting on his own natural ability to pull him through ..if you know what i mean…….GSP was way to much for him

49. danny g

February 1, 2009 at 3:17 am

WHOS THE QUITTER NOW?? bj ate his words.. hahaha

50. danny g

February 1, 2009 at 3:20 am

i knew bj was overrated hes only good at talking shit

51. Nate Fury

February 1, 2009 at 3:25 am

GSP dominated Penn and made him eat his words. I love it! Machida KO's the KO artist and finishes a fight in impressive fassion. Machida in my oppinion deserves a title shot. How can he be denied? He is the best fighter at 205.

52. Kash

February 1, 2009 at 3:29 am

I don't know if BJ actually said I quit but it was written all over his face. Its a good thing they didn't let him go out for a 5th round. I'm glad GSP won because he's a good guy and an even better fighter.

Jon Jones, where the hell did he come from. That guy has a huge future in the LHW division. I didn't hear Joe Rogan talk about it but wasn't the spinning back elbow to the back of the head illegal?

Machida is a beast. I can't even say if staying away from him will win you the fight because he'll still pop in and out and hurt you. I think a fighter has to be fast enough to get him into the cage like Tito tried, but he wasn't fast enough.

53. danny g

February 1, 2009 at 4:12 am

we know dana will not give machida a title shot even though he deserves it more than anyone in the division.. the reason why is because he is not a popular fighter and he doesnt generate any money. dana is all about the money

54. Tim

February 1, 2009 at 4:24 am

Again why do people continue to disagree with me…the whole damn time i said GSP is going to walk right over BJ…but some of you out there just thought BJ was the better fighter…well shit if GSP wanted to make a statement last night he sure damn did…he dominated BJ and spanked him around for 4 rounds before he called it quits…in all honesty i think BJ was out of it in the beginning parts of round 4, did you see that look on his face when he was on his back and GSP was coming down with shots….he looked out of it..but he was still moving so maybe thats just the way his Hawaiian eyes look. Anyways GSP is on his way to being the best fighter period…i am sorry but he is only 27 and can only get better…and that is scarry….thats just my opinion as i know some of you are going to comment back and say how can i think that and then give me the speal on how Fedor is the best ever and some shit…but WTFC…GSP has a great career ahead of him and he dominated a world class BJ fighter…BJ couldnt do nothing…GSP literally ran right through him…a potential fight with Silva would be interesting but i dont see that happening anytime soon…GSP is surely on the best fighters out there…but overall sucky show…i mean i cant remember the last time i saw so many decisions in a night..oh well i wanted to see GSP beat the crap out of BJ and i did so i guess the money was worth it…MAchida looked great i hope he gets a shot.

55. alex

February 1, 2009 at 4:36 am

I agree 100% with you Tim, I stopped posting on this website because everytime I was cheering for GSP I was picked on, I said it so many times if BJ can't get a knockout the first round, it's over. And surely GSP knew about that so he was training really hard for that first round. The next rounds he just let his talent take over. And no this UFC makes history for the most decisions in one show, only two fights finished before the end, Dana must be kinda happy. Last time he didn't have to pay any money for the submission of the night and now that's the same story, lucky ass!

56. fedor24

February 1, 2009 at 4:59 am

Hey Tim. Not everybody jumps you here. I'll get your back when I agree with you. I thought BJ would give GSP a long hard fight. You were right on man. I think after this fight GSP could just be the best "p4p". A good way to prove it would be to move up and fight the spider. Oh yeah I almost forgot, Fedor is the best!! Go cardinals..

57. David

February 1, 2009 at 5:25 am

I am a huge BJ Penn fan and he was basically outworked. The guy gassed out again, and even though everyone says he's good on his back, I never thought so, at least not against someone like GSP. I knew that's how GSP would win the win and I gave GSP the edge but of course I was rooting for BJ Penn. I like how he talks shit, it's just his way of getting pumped. Even though he's gonna eat his words, I give him credit for wanting to fight the best, and moving up in weight to do so. You can't say that about many fighters but BJ is one of them.

The only good news for the night is that at least one of my top 3 guys won. Lyoto Machida !!! I have been telling everyone that when he got into the UFC, he would be the next Light HW Champ. You can say he's boring, but for me, he's exciting. Don't get me wrong, I like the brawlers too, but it's hard to be that technical in an MMA match since anything can happen. Fighters dodge the guy, good example is Forest Griffin. He chose to fight Rua when he was scheduled to fight Machida. I don't know if I like Rashad or not, just indifferent to him but I respect his skills though. Right now, I can only see Machida beating him. I can't even see Rampage beat the guy after what Forest did to Rampage. Rashad is an even more elusive fighter than Forest. The person to beat Rashad is someone who will not get frustrated, stay calm, and not change his game plan during the fight. That person is Lyoto Machida and with his style and talent, he'll rise to be the next champ! GSP just gave Fedor a run for his money in the best fighter category but I wouldn't say that right now. If GSP beats Anderson Silva, then that's a different story.

58. David

February 1, 2009 at 5:30 am

Oh I forgot to mention that my top 3 fighters are BJ Penn, Wanderlei Silva, and Lyoto Machida. If Machida had lost, I think I would have just gone into hibernation.

59. T.R.

February 1, 2009 at 5:51 am

crap, i said kenflo trained with greg jackson but i was getting jackson and delegratta (however the hell you spell it) mixed up. It was late when i posted that, sorry. Kenny does fight like a lighter gsp though. he could give bj problems. I do think that bj will make a statement in his next lightweight fight though. Gsp made a statement last night – "dont come up to my weight class unless you want to get your ass kicked." I read somewhere that Fedor thinks that gsp is the best p4p fighter and I was on hdnet where gsp thinks that fedor is the best p4p. Those guys are both great.

60. m

February 1, 2009 at 7:35 am

In response to david, Gsp knows his limitations and not fight a guy who can be 2 weight classes different. Definitely Silva is pound for pound best, Gsp a close second after the beating he gave penn, which was rightfully his to get after all the trash talking about gsp giving up. Refresh my memory who quit.

61. Kash

February 1, 2009 at 8:04 am

I agree with m. I think GSP is a really close second to Anderson Silva P4P. We need that fight to happen soon.

Penn didn't tap from punches but just looking at him after that round you can tell everything in him was telling him to give up. I was so hyped for that fight too. I watched the Primetime thing and their first fight on Saturday. I'm glad GSP won but I wanted it to be closer.

62. David

February 1, 2009 at 8:11 am

m, actually GSP and BJ Penn are one weight class different. BJ Penn is a natural lightweight and fights at 155. GSP is a welterweight at 170. BJ has fought at welterweight because at one point in time, they scrapped the lightweight division. But your response is right in that he wouldn't move up to light HW which is 205 because that's beyond his limitation but I think you were comparing him to BJ Penn who you thought moved up 2 weight classes. I'll give any fighter credit to move up in weight and challenge that division's title holder.

63. randy

February 1, 2009 at 8:57 am

Karo was givin a gift. Yes Thiago came out bad but Machida may just be better. Maybe thiago Siiva will learn to train like a top contender and not be so cocky. GSP keeps crushing guys who should give him a run for his money. BJ is 13-5. For him to think of himself as maybe the best p4p of all times is a joke. Ya I love how he called gsp a quitter and when I saw that he didnt want to continue I was lie wat a bitch. GSP showed class after beating the hell out of BJ he gave he props for being a good fighter. If it was me I would have asked bj who the quitter was during the rogan interview post fight. Jon Jones is obviously good against the weaker division stikers like Bonnar but will he be abl to step up and fight a top guy and stay with him. He is very young but so is Soku and look what happened with him. A couple fights as wer have seen dont come to mean much if u havent stepped up to top competition. Just look at houston Alexander. Lucky punch against Jardine and a easy win over Sakara who gets rocked and finished every fight it seems. I think arguing about fights before they happen is what makes this sight so good. Sure ppl can gang up and all that but who cares. Tim just keep saying what u think and when it comes to predicting and arguing fights it will all be answered in the cage. Then u can come back and rub it in or just say u were right. Some ppl need others to agree with them to feel like they are right. Others can say what they think and not give a shit what others think. And as I have learned on this site there are a lot of keyboard heroes and u just take all the shit they talk and prove them wrong. Keep posting Tim and Alex arguing is the fun part.

64. randy

February 1, 2009 at 8:59 am

sight = site duh lol

65. steve

February 1, 2009 at 9:11 am

Ya Jon Jone looked real good and I d thnk that Machida is just too good for Thiago S. GSP and Thiago Alves is gonna be a great fight. GSP may be able to dominate though like he did against Penn and Fitch. Machidas title shot is gona depend on how Rampge does at ufc 96. Sucks for him b/c rampage is probally gonna KO Jardine. The japanese guy should have beat karo and I think that Clay Guida deserved the decision and dont see how it was a split. There were oo many deciions though and it was getting on my nerves. Thankfully Machida got a KO to mak me feel a lil better about the card.

66. dane drebin

February 1, 2009 at 2:17 pm

STEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for once in my life we thought the same.

you made me feel like we think some what the same. just be cool and some day we will make mma what we want it to be. YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

67. steve

February 1, 2009 at 2:32 pm

This is true dane.

68. steve

February 1, 2009 at 2:33 pm

Go pittsburgh!!!!!!!!!

69. STEVEO

February 1, 2009 at 2:43 pm

tim, im a lesnar fan, but you take it to a new and almost unhralthy level thats why people give you so much shit. I have my faves too, kenflo, machiada, gsp, and even lesnar cuz everyone says he doesnt deserve to be ther but when you put a 5000 character post on about how great brock is, its prolly a bit too much. you know what your talking about as do a few people here. Of the main card i picked 1 fight wrong, jon jones, and im pretty sure i wasnt the only one who would have lost my ass on that. just dont be the guy whos a one fighter homer, thats why you get such a hard time, affliction will fold and fedor will have no where else to go so he can fight, carwin, lesnar, and kongo, he keeps beating the past i want to see him beat the present just like you so he can stop tito ortizing, i.e. ducking shamrock for a decade til he was WAY past his prime. If he fights in the ufc no one has anymore argument if he wins a few fights there.

70. STEVEO

February 1, 2009 at 2:44 pm

first line is unhealthy, im a bit popped, just got done wacthing superbowl, fucking steelers

71. steve

February 1, 2009 at 4:37 pm

Steveo fedor could always go to dream or k-1 and do superfights. He hasnt gone to the ufc yet so unless the ufc gives him a better contract i dont see him signing. His sambo competitions mean too much to him to give them up and fight for the ufc. Also those fighters u named are good but how good remains to be seen and to call them the present would be a lil much. Lesnar is still up in the ar to me. I want to see how he does in his next 4 fights. Then we should know just how good he is.Kongo is weak on the ground has improved wrestling but is terrible from his back. Carwin is very questionable. Wouldnt jump on his band wagon just yet.

72. steve

February 1, 2009 at 4:37 pm

Lesnar is still up in the air*

73. dwayne-dwayne dookie

February 1, 2009 at 9:37 pm

What the fuck! that was a weak ass card.WAY TO GSP!!!! this card should of had franklin vs hendo,davis vs forgot his name, machida vs silva, diaz vs guida, Penn vs GSP It would have sold more. Thank you Affliction for starting out my year with some good ass fights! UFC card hendo vs Franklin that should have been on spike for free! Shit the next 3 ufc fight cards should be for free.

74. dwayne-dwayne dookie

February 1, 2009 at 9:38 pm

WAY TO GO GSP!!

75. Luke

February 2, 2009 at 12:05 am

GSP was outstanding, complete control to make BJ quit on his stool. I honestly thought this was gonna be a much closer fight than it was.

We have all questioned BJ's conditioning for years but i really thought he lasted a hell of a lot longer than he would 2 years ago. It wasn't that he gassed this time out it was more of getting tired of getting mauled, the guy had nothing to offer in the 4th round and his corner did the right thing to call the fight.

Machida was as good as ever, such an amazing strategist, and some power to go with it. I knew Thiago could take a hit but Machida knocked him down like 3 times before a 1 punch knockout on the ground.

Jon Jones is without a doubt a huge prospect, Its unusual to see someone with great wrestling combining it with crazy strikes.

February 2, 2009 at 12:36 am

I cant wait to see BJ vs Ken flo or GSP vs Alves..Both are ligit fighter and are easyle the number one counteners

February 2, 2009 at 12:40 am

got to agree with dwayne-dwayne dookie stain… The ufc fights have been a little weaker then i was thiiking for the last 2 events.. but both the MAIN events were badass bt other than that not really..

I still think nate won over clay..clay was just holding on..its not just wrestling its a MMA fight clay throw no punches and didnt try to pass ever.. Nate was landing punches and going for subs all night idk wtf ppl were watching

78. STEVEO

February 2, 2009 at 12:52 am

not on the bandwagon for anybody other than florian I just want to watch someone in the heavy division other than lesnar or mir. Verdum was the next best thing…. gone. so its hard to get excited knowing if you watch a heavyweight fight its randy, lesnar,mir or kongo everytime. i like to watch them but i dont get why we have to watch shitty fights when there are guys out there who will put buts in the seats and ppv buys.

February 2, 2009 at 1:39 am

Verdum got knocked the fuck out by Nog student…Also AA will be coming back to UFC becasue Affliction is over and CRO cop should be back also this year…

Gabe and carwin and cain V are some good heavy weights also

80. Tim

February 2, 2009 at 4:29 am

STEVEO…first off damn steelers i was rooting for the cards as well. Next thing is no offense taken to the fact that i like Lesnar but its not unhealthy i am just protesting my point on how great of a fighter he could become, why dont you think that peoples obseeesion with Fedor or any other fighter out there is unhealthy, i mean they post the same crap and just because i have left long posts dont make it unhealthy its called proving a point but again no offense taken, i like alot of fighters and think that Lesnar can give alot to this sport and do very well. Anyways…thanks to all of you who supported my commesnts and i agree with you all as well, BJ got what he asked for…should tell you something stop the trash talking…GSP is great…period if he beats Thiago like he did BJ or just plains beats him i will say GSP is the best fighter in the world today as no fighter has faced the quality and caliber talent and has dominated them like GSP has…none…ever since the Serra lose he has really stepped up his game he is truly the best overall fighter in his wieght class and definetly number 2 P4P althought that doesnt mean shit, looking forward to his next fight in 5-6 months

81. David

February 2, 2009 at 5:34 am

Hey I have heard the rumors about Affliction going down but is it really true? That would suck if they are cuz I thought they had a good outing last time. Anyways, Dana White is starting to piss me off, well he has been for a while. He told Machida that he would get a title shot if he beat Silva now White is saying that if Rampage wins against Jardine, he will get a title shot. BS man.

Haha its so funny how you guys keep raggin on Tim about Lesnar. All the guy is saying is that he has potential, at least from what I read but Im new to the website so maybe he said something about Lesnars way back.

Btw Tim, with your comment on BJ got what he asked for, I really dont think you understand him. Yeah he talks a lot of shit, but he does it so he can bring out the best in the other fighter. For example, he talked more shit on Sean Sherk about him roiding up but after the fight, he hugged Sherk and invited him to train in Hawaii with him. He talked a lot of shit about GSP but if you listened to the Jim Rome show on the thursday leading up to the fight, he gave GSP the utmost respect. Rome asked him waht his game plan was and BJ said, honestly I don have a game plan, GSP is good all around, he doesnt have any weaknessess. That shit talking is all said to pump him up and give his opponent motivation for the fight but in the end, he pays his respects. I believe there was only one time where I was disappointed in him and thats when he submitted Jens Pulver. Overall, BJ is a standup guy and owns up to all his losses. He never made excuses when he loses which is more than what I can say for GSP. For his Matt Hughes lost, he basically said he wasnt mentally ready which is fine. But with the Serra lost, he gave Serra credit and congratulated him. Then a few months later, he started making excuses that he was going through a rough time and he wasnt ready to fight Serra. Id be a huge GSP fan if it wasnt for that. Just take your losses like a man

82. Tim

February 2, 2009 at 6:05 am

First off my comments on Lesnar were a bit long in the beginining for everyone here who wa apart of that….but i was merely making points…thats all so i could see how others would think its unhealthy but nothing more than how people treat Fedor. anyways with all due respect GSP doesnt make excuses he just speaks his mind and doesnt mean to disrespect anyone…saying that he mentaly wasnt prepared is just saying he lost because of his focus he was overwelmed when he fought Hughes due to his idolizing him growing up, but the second time he was more mentally prepared and dominated hughes. Same thing with Serra he wasnt prepared mentally as he had alot going on in his life at the moment…but than agian in the second fight he dominated Serra so GSP doesnt make excuses for his loss per say he just speaks truthfully and is the most respectfull fighter i have seen in a long time…thats why i respect GSP he is honest and speaks his mind nad makes no exscuses for when he loses as he may say one thing but alwasy credits his opponents for their abilities. Yes BJ is simply a ASS and deserved to get beaten like a government mule, he talks so much trash and even at one point said he wanted to literally KILL GSP on camera…talk is talk but BJ over does things. But to sum up GSP in a Nutshell one of my favs quotes is Build up your weaknesses until they become your strong points."-Knute Rockne, GSP has done this and continues to train and develop.

83. Ryan S

February 6, 2009 at 3:42 pm

my god, all but 2 fights went to decision?

84. steve

February 6, 2009 at 7:02 pm

Tim ppl talk a lot about Fedor b/c he earned his skills training and he is where he is today because of his fighting skills. Lesnar is in the ufc b/c he can sell a lot of tickets b/c of all the gay ass wwe fans. Lesnar has fought 4 times and really has only beat 1 top 10 guy and Couture was made to be beat by lesnar and oh yeah he is 45. Fedor beat everyone to earn a title shot. Lesnar was given a title shot. I wonder what Lesnar would weigh if he didnt take steroids. Thats why I get mad when ppl act like Lesnar has the ability to surpass Fedor as the greatest HW fighter. Atleast hats my opinion on the matter of what u say tim.

85. Ryan S

February 6, 2009 at 11:17 pm

Good call David, but even after the Pulver fight, he did give him his respect. And Steve, not only is he 45, but he is also kind of a small heavyweight. The odds are also much better that Lesnar had taken steroids to get to that size than he didn't. When you consider size, energy levels and muscle mass, it's not normal to be like that, especially with that speed. It makes you wonder. And how much weight did he lose when he came over from wrestling? Thats another thing to look at. When you lose a certain amount of weight, you inevitably are going to lose strength, and there is nothing you can do, unless you take the viamin S.

86. Ryan S

February 6, 2009 at 11:19 pm

And did anyone else think that Karo shouldn't have won that fight? And that the Guida Diaz fight shouldn't have been a split decision?

87. Mike

February 8, 2009 at 1:20 pm

dwayne-dwayne dookie stain Says:

February 2nd, 2009 at 4:37 am

The next 3 ufcs ARE free :P

UFN 17 , UFC 95, and UFN 18

88. dwayne-dwayne dookie

February 8, 2009 at 3:05 pm

looks like mike u paid for the franklin vs hendo card and the GSP vs Penn tthis fights should have been on one card not trying to get your money just for a couple fighters and mike UFC ppv Fights cards not UFN 17,18 dont count that shit is just like the UF series. Thats alright mike they got you!

89. zak

February 8, 2009 at 3:56 pm

if you ask me just like how franklin and henderson shouldnt have been a main event ppv fight this upcomming fight with keith jardine and rampage shouldnt either,i mean dont get me wrong there both outstanding fighters but id much rather seen them as a co-main event at ufc 97

February 9, 2009 at 12:13 am

joe got alot better after he got cut open, he like like a crazy person once he saw his on blood then he stepped it up and got the arm