UFC 94 “St Pierre vs Penn 2″ Results LIVE

Updated: January 31, 2009

ufc-94-alt-poster

UFC 94 “St-Pierre vs Penn 2″ on January 31st, from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, NV. The card features a UFC superfight between the UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre and the UFC lightweight champion BJ Penn.

Check back with CageToday.com on fight night for live results, starting with the undercards at 8 pm EST.

Live Results after the JUMP…

MAIN CARD

• Georges St. Pierre vs. BJ Penn [T]
    Result: Georges St. Pierre defeats BJ Penn by TKO (Corner Stoppage) at 5:00 of R4.
  • Lyoto Machida vs. Thiago Silva
    Result: Lyoto Machida defeats Thiago Silva by KO (Punches) at 4:59 of R1.
  • Stephan Bonnar and Jon Jones
    Result: Jon Jones defeats Stephan Bonnar by Unanimous Decision. (29-28 x2 and 30-37)
  • Karo Parisyan vs. Dong Hyun Kim
    Result: Karo Parisyan defeats Dong Hyun Kim by Split Decision. (29-28 Kim, 29-28 x2 Parisyan)
  • Nate Diaz vs. Clay Guida
    Result: Clay Guida defeats Nate Diaz by Split Decision. (29-28 Diaz, 29-28 x2 Guida)

PRELIMINARY CARD

• Jon Fitch vs. Akihiro Gono
    Result: Jon Fitch defeats Akihiro Gono by Unanimous Decision. (30-27, 30-27 and 30-26 Fitch)
  • Manny Gamburyan vs. Thiago Tavares
    Result: Thiago Tavares defeats Manny Gamburyan by Unanimous Decision. (29-28 x3 Thiago Tavares)
  • Chris Wilson vs. John Howard
    Result: John Howard defeats Chris Wilson by Split Decision. (29-28 Howard x3, 29-28 Wilson)
  • Jake O’Brien vs. Christian Wellisch
    Result: Jake O’Brien defeats Christian Wellisch by Split Decision. (29-28 Wellisch, 29-28 O’Brien x2)
  • Matt Arroyo vs Dan Cramer
    Result: Dan Cramer defeats Matt Arroyo by Split Decision. (29-28 x2 Cramer , 29-28 Arroyo)

1. Nate Fury

February 1, 2009 at 3:25 am

GSP dominated Penn and made him eat his words. I love it! Machida KO's the KO artist and finishes a fight in impressive fassion. Machida in my oppinion deserves a title shot. How can he be denied? He is the best fighter at 205.

2. Kash

February 1, 2009 at 3:29 am

I don't know if BJ actually said I quit but it was written all over his face. Its a good thing they didn't let him go out for a 5th round. I'm glad GSP won because he's a good guy and an even better fighter.

Jon Jones, where the hell did he come from. That guy has a huge future in the LHW division. I didn't hear Joe Rogan talk about it but wasn't the spinning back elbow to the back of the head illegal?

Machida is a beast. I can't even say if staying away from him will win you the fight because he'll still pop in and out and hurt you. I think a fighter has to be fast enough to get him into the cage like Tito tried, but he wasn't fast enough.

3. danny g

February 1, 2009 at 4:12 am

we know dana will not give machida a title shot even though he deserves it more than anyone in the division.. the reason why is because he is not a popular fighter and he doesnt generate any money. dana is all about the money

4. Tim

February 1, 2009 at 4:24 am

Again why do people continue to disagree with me…the whole damn time i said GSP is going to walk right over BJ…but some of you out there just thought BJ was the better fighter…well shit if GSP wanted to make a statement last night he sure damn did…he dominated BJ and spanked him around for 4 rounds before he called it quits…in all honesty i think BJ was out of it in the beginning parts of round 4, did you see that look on his face when he was on his back and GSP was coming down with shots….he looked out of it..but he was still moving so maybe thats just the way his Hawaiian eyes look. Anyways GSP is on his way to being the best fighter period…i am sorry but he is only 27 and can only get better…and that is scarry….thats just my opinion as i know some of you are going to comment back and say how can i think that and then give me the speal on how Fedor is the best ever and some shit…but WTFC…GSP has a great career ahead of him and he dominated a world class BJ fighter…BJ couldnt do nothing…GSP literally ran right through him…a potential fight with Silva would be interesting but i dont see that happening anytime soon…GSP is surely on the best fighters out there…but overall sucky show…i mean i cant remember the last time i saw so many decisions in a night..oh well i wanted to see GSP beat the crap out of BJ and i did so i guess the money was worth it…MAchida looked great i hope he gets a shot.

5. alex

February 1, 2009 at 4:36 am

I agree 100% with you Tim, I stopped posting on this website because everytime I was cheering for GSP I was picked on, I said it so many times if BJ can't get a knockout the first round, it's over. And surely GSP knew about that so he was training really hard for that first round. The next rounds he just let his talent take over. And no this UFC makes history for the most decisions in one show, only two fights finished before the end, Dana must be kinda happy. Last time he didn't have to pay any money for the submission of the night and now that's the same story, lucky ass!

6. fedor24

February 1, 2009 at 4:59 am

Hey Tim. Not everybody jumps you here. I'll get your back when I agree with you. I thought BJ would give GSP a long hard fight. You were right on man. I think after this fight GSP could just be the best "p4p". A good way to prove it would be to move up and fight the spider. Oh yeah I almost forgot, Fedor is the best!! Go cardinals..

7. David

February 1, 2009 at 5:25 am

I am a huge BJ Penn fan and he was basically outworked. The guy gassed out again, and even though everyone says he's good on his back, I never thought so, at least not against someone like GSP. I knew that's how GSP would win the win and I gave GSP the edge but of course I was rooting for BJ Penn. I like how he talks shit, it's just his way of getting pumped. Even though he's gonna eat his words, I give him credit for wanting to fight the best, and moving up in weight to do so. You can't say that about many fighters but BJ is one of them.

The only good news for the night is that at least one of my top 3 guys won. Lyoto Machida !!! I have been telling everyone that when he got into the UFC, he would be the next Light HW Champ. You can say he's boring, but for me, he's exciting. Don't get me wrong, I like the brawlers too, but it's hard to be that technical in an MMA match since anything can happen. Fighters dodge the guy, good example is Forest Griffin. He chose to fight Rua when he was scheduled to fight Machida. I don't know if I like Rashad or not, just indifferent to him but I respect his skills though. Right now, I can only see Machida beating him. I can't even see Rampage beat the guy after what Forest did to Rampage. Rashad is an even more elusive fighter than Forest. The person to beat Rashad is someone who will not get frustrated, stay calm, and not change his game plan during the fight. That person is Lyoto Machida and with his style and talent, he'll rise to be the next champ! GSP just gave Fedor a run for his money in the best fighter category but I wouldn't say that right now. If GSP beats Anderson Silva, then that's a different story.

8. David

February 1, 2009 at 5:30 am

Oh I forgot to mention that my top 3 fighters are BJ Penn, Wanderlei Silva, and Lyoto Machida. If Machida had lost, I think I would have just gone into hibernation.

9. T.R.

February 1, 2009 at 5:51 am

crap, i said kenflo trained with greg jackson but i was getting jackson and delegratta (however the hell you spell it) mixed up. It was late when i posted that, sorry. Kenny does fight like a lighter gsp though. he could give bj problems. I do think that bj will make a statement in his next lightweight fight though. Gsp made a statement last night – "dont come up to my weight class unless you want to get your ass kicked." I read somewhere that Fedor thinks that gsp is the best p4p fighter and I was on hdnet where gsp thinks that fedor is the best p4p. Those guys are both great.

10. m

February 1, 2009 at 7:35 am

In response to david, Gsp knows his limitations and not fight a guy who can be 2 weight classes different. Definitely Silva is pound for pound best, Gsp a close second after the beating he gave penn, which was rightfully his to get after all the trash talking about gsp giving up. Refresh my memory who quit.

11. Kash

February 1, 2009 at 8:04 am

I agree with m. I think GSP is a really close second to Anderson Silva P4P. We need that fight to happen soon.

Penn didn't tap from punches but just looking at him after that round you can tell everything in him was telling him to give up. I was so hyped for that fight too. I watched the Primetime thing and their first fight on Saturday. I'm glad GSP won but I wanted it to be closer.

12. David

February 1, 2009 at 8:11 am

m, actually GSP and BJ Penn are one weight class different. BJ Penn is a natural lightweight and fights at 155. GSP is a welterweight at 170. BJ has fought at welterweight because at one point in time, they scrapped the lightweight division. But your response is right in that he wouldn't move up to light HW which is 205 because that's beyond his limitation but I think you were comparing him to BJ Penn who you thought moved up 2 weight classes. I'll give any fighter credit to move up in weight and challenge that division's title holder.

13. randy

February 1, 2009 at 8:57 am

Karo was givin a gift. Yes Thiago came out bad but Machida may just be better. Maybe thiago Siiva will learn to train like a top contender and not be so cocky. GSP keeps crushing guys who should give him a run for his money. BJ is 13-5. For him to think of himself as maybe the best p4p of all times is a joke. Ya I love how he called gsp a quitter and when I saw that he didnt want to continue I was lie wat a bitch. GSP showed class after beating the hell out of BJ he gave he props for being a good fighter. If it was me I would have asked bj who the quitter was during the rogan interview post fight. Jon Jones is obviously good against the weaker division stikers like Bonnar but will he be abl to step up and fight a top guy and stay with him. He is very young but so is Soku and look what happened with him. A couple fights as wer have seen dont come to mean much if u havent stepped up to top competition. Just look at houston Alexander. Lucky punch against Jardine and a easy win over Sakara who gets rocked and finished every fight it seems. I think arguing about fights before they happen is what makes this sight so good. Sure ppl can gang up and all that but who cares. Tim just keep saying what u think and when it comes to predicting and arguing fights it will all be answered in the cage. Then u can come back and rub it in or just say u were right. Some ppl need others to agree with them to feel like they are right. Others can say what they think and not give a shit what others think. And as I have learned on this site there are a lot of keyboard heroes and u just take all the shit they talk and prove them wrong. Keep posting Tim and Alex arguing is the fun part.

14. randy

February 1, 2009 at 8:59 am

sight = site duh lol

15. steve

February 1, 2009 at 9:11 am

Ya Jon Jone looked real good and I d thnk that Machida is just too good for Thiago S. GSP and Thiago Alves is gonna be a great fight. GSP may be able to dominate though like he did against Penn and Fitch. Machidas title shot is gona depend on how Rampge does at ufc 96. Sucks for him b/c rampage is probally gonna KO Jardine. The japanese guy should have beat karo and I think that Clay Guida deserved the decision and dont see how it was a split. There were oo many deciions though and it was getting on my nerves. Thankfully Machida got a KO to mak me feel a lil better about the card.

16. dane drebin

February 1, 2009 at 2:17 pm

STEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for once in my life we thought the same.

you made me feel like we think some what the same. just be cool and some day we will make mma what we want it to be. YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. steve

February 1, 2009 at 2:32 pm

This is true dane.

18. steve

February 1, 2009 at 2:33 pm

Go pittsburgh!!!!!!!!!

19. STEVEO

February 1, 2009 at 2:43 pm

tim, im a lesnar fan, but you take it to a new and almost unhralthy level thats why people give you so much shit. I have my faves too, kenflo, machiada, gsp, and even lesnar cuz everyone says he doesnt deserve to be ther but when you put a 5000 character post on about how great brock is, its prolly a bit too much. you know what your talking about as do a few people here. Of the main card i picked 1 fight wrong, jon jones, and im pretty sure i wasnt the only one who would have lost my ass on that. just dont be the guy whos a one fighter homer, thats why you get such a hard time, affliction will fold and fedor will have no where else to go so he can fight, carwin, lesnar, and kongo, he keeps beating the past i want to see him beat the present just like you so he can stop tito ortizing, i.e. ducking shamrock for a decade til he was WAY past his prime. If he fights in the ufc no one has anymore argument if he wins a few fights there.

20. STEVEO

February 1, 2009 at 2:44 pm

first line is unhealthy, im a bit popped, just got done wacthing superbowl, fucking steelers

21. steve

February 1, 2009 at 4:37 pm

Steveo fedor could always go to dream or k-1 and do superfights. He hasnt gone to the ufc yet so unless the ufc gives him a better contract i dont see him signing. His sambo competitions mean too much to him to give them up and fight for the ufc. Also those fighters u named are good but how good remains to be seen and to call them the present would be a lil much. Lesnar is still up in the ar to me. I want to see how he does in his next 4 fights. Then we should know just how good he is.Kongo is weak on the ground has improved wrestling but is terrible from his back. Carwin is very questionable. Wouldnt jump on his band wagon just yet.

22. steve

February 1, 2009 at 4:37 pm

Lesnar is still up in the air*

23. dwayne-dwayne dookie

February 1, 2009 at 9:37 pm

What the fuck! that was a weak ass card.WAY TO GSP!!!! this card should of had franklin vs hendo,davis vs forgot his name, machida vs silva, diaz vs guida, Penn vs GSP It would have sold more. Thank you Affliction for starting out my year with some good ass fights! UFC card hendo vs Franklin that should have been on spike for free! Shit the next 3 ufc fight cards should be for free.

24. dwayne-dwayne dookie

February 1, 2009 at 9:38 pm

WAY TO GO GSP!!

25. Luke

February 2, 2009 at 12:05 am

GSP was outstanding, complete control to make BJ quit on his stool. I honestly thought this was gonna be a much closer fight than it was.

We have all questioned BJ's conditioning for years but i really thought he lasted a hell of a lot longer than he would 2 years ago. It wasn't that he gassed this time out it was more of getting tired of getting mauled, the guy had nothing to offer in the 4th round and his corner did the right thing to call the fight.

Machida was as good as ever, such an amazing strategist, and some power to go with it. I knew Thiago could take a hit but Machida knocked him down like 3 times before a 1 punch knockout on the ground.

Jon Jones is without a doubt a huge prospect, Its unusual to see someone with great wrestling combining it with crazy strikes.

February 2, 2009 at 12:36 am

I cant wait to see BJ vs Ken flo or GSP vs Alves..Both are ligit fighter and are easyle the number one counteners

February 2, 2009 at 12:40 am

got to agree with dwayne-dwayne dookie stain… The ufc fights have been a little weaker then i was thiiking for the last 2 events.. but both the MAIN events were badass bt other than that not really..

I still think nate won over clay..clay was just holding on..its not just wrestling its a MMA fight clay throw no punches and didnt try to pass ever.. Nate was landing punches and going for subs all night idk wtf ppl were watching

28. STEVEO

February 2, 2009 at 12:52 am

not on the bandwagon for anybody other than florian I just want to watch someone in the heavy division other than lesnar or mir. Verdum was the next best thing…. gone. so its hard to get excited knowing if you watch a heavyweight fight its randy, lesnar,mir or kongo everytime. i like to watch them but i dont get why we have to watch shitty fights when there are guys out there who will put buts in the seats and ppv buys.

February 2, 2009 at 1:39 am

Verdum got knocked the fuck out by Nog student…Also AA will be coming back to UFC becasue Affliction is over and CRO cop should be back also this year…

Gabe and carwin and cain V are some good heavy weights also

30. Tim

February 2, 2009 at 4:29 am

STEVEO…first off damn steelers i was rooting for the cards as well. Next thing is no offense taken to the fact that i like Lesnar but its not unhealthy i am just protesting my point on how great of a fighter he could become, why dont you think that peoples obseeesion with Fedor or any other fighter out there is unhealthy, i mean they post the same crap and just because i have left long posts dont make it unhealthy its called proving a point but again no offense taken, i like alot of fighters and think that Lesnar can give alot to this sport and do very well. Anyways…thanks to all of you who supported my commesnts and i agree with you all as well, BJ got what he asked for…should tell you something stop the trash talking…GSP is great…period if he beats Thiago like he did BJ or just plains beats him i will say GSP is the best fighter in the world today as no fighter has faced the quality and caliber talent and has dominated them like GSP has…none…ever since the Serra lose he has really stepped up his game he is truly the best overall fighter in his wieght class and definetly number 2 P4P althought that doesnt mean shit, looking forward to his next fight in 5-6 months

31. David

February 2, 2009 at 5:34 am

Hey I have heard the rumors about Affliction going down but is it really true? That would suck if they are cuz I thought they had a good outing last time. Anyways, Dana White is starting to piss me off, well he has been for a while. He told Machida that he would get a title shot if he beat Silva now White is saying that if Rampage wins against Jardine, he will get a title shot. BS man.

Haha its so funny how you guys keep raggin on Tim about Lesnar. All the guy is saying is that he has potential, at least from what I read but Im new to the website so maybe he said something about Lesnars way back.

Btw Tim, with your comment on BJ got what he asked for, I really dont think you understand him. Yeah he talks a lot of shit, but he does it so he can bring out the best in the other fighter. For example, he talked more shit on Sean Sherk about him roiding up but after the fight, he hugged Sherk and invited him to train in Hawaii with him. He talked a lot of shit about GSP but if you listened to the Jim Rome show on the thursday leading up to the fight, he gave GSP the utmost respect. Rome asked him waht his game plan was and BJ said, honestly I don have a game plan, GSP is good all around, he doesnt have any weaknessess. That shit talking is all said to pump him up and give his opponent motivation for the fight but in the end, he pays his respects. I believe there was only one time where I was disappointed in him and thats when he submitted Jens Pulver. Overall, BJ is a standup guy and owns up to all his losses. He never made excuses when he loses which is more than what I can say for GSP. For his Matt Hughes lost, he basically said he wasnt mentally ready which is fine. But with the Serra lost, he gave Serra credit and congratulated him. Then a few months later, he started making excuses that he was going through a rough time and he wasnt ready to fight Serra. Id be a huge GSP fan if it wasnt for that. Just take your losses like a man

32. Tim

February 2, 2009 at 6:05 am

First off my comments on Lesnar were a bit long in the beginining for everyone here who wa apart of that….but i was merely making points…thats all so i could see how others would think its unhealthy but nothing more than how people treat Fedor. anyways with all due respect GSP doesnt make excuses he just speaks his mind and doesnt mean to disrespect anyone…saying that he mentaly wasnt prepared is just saying he lost because of his focus he was overwelmed when he fought Hughes due to his idolizing him growing up, but the second time he was more mentally prepared and dominated hughes. Same thing with Serra he wasnt prepared mentally as he had alot going on in his life at the moment…but than agian in the second fight he dominated Serra so GSP doesnt make excuses for his loss per say he just speaks truthfully and is the most respectfull fighter i have seen in a long time…thats why i respect GSP he is honest and speaks his mind nad makes no exscuses for when he loses as he may say one thing but alwasy credits his opponents for their abilities. Yes BJ is simply a ASS and deserved to get beaten like a government mule, he talks so much trash and even at one point said he wanted to literally KILL GSP on camera…talk is talk but BJ over does things. But to sum up GSP in a Nutshell one of my favs quotes is Build up your weaknesses until they become your strong points."-Knute Rockne, GSP has done this and continues to train and develop.

33. Ryan S

February 6, 2009 at 3:42 pm

my god, all but 2 fights went to decision?

34. steve

February 6, 2009 at 7:02 pm

Tim ppl talk a lot about Fedor b/c he earned his skills training and he is where he is today because of his fighting skills. Lesnar is in the ufc b/c he can sell a lot of tickets b/c of all the gay ass wwe fans. Lesnar has fought 4 times and really has only beat 1 top 10 guy and Couture was made to be beat by lesnar and oh yeah he is 45. Fedor beat everyone to earn a title shot. Lesnar was given a title shot. I wonder what Lesnar would weigh if he didnt take steroids. Thats why I get mad when ppl act like Lesnar has the ability to surpass Fedor as the greatest HW fighter. Atleast hats my opinion on the matter of what u say tim.

35. Ryan S

February 6, 2009 at 11:17 pm

Good call David, but even after the Pulver fight, he did give him his respect. And Steve, not only is he 45, but he is also kind of a small heavyweight. The odds are also much better that Lesnar had taken steroids to get to that size than he didn't. When you consider size, energy levels and muscle mass, it's not normal to be like that, especially with that speed. It makes you wonder. And how much weight did he lose when he came over from wrestling? Thats another thing to look at. When you lose a certain amount of weight, you inevitably are going to lose strength, and there is nothing you can do, unless you take the viamin S.

36. Ryan S

February 6, 2009 at 11:19 pm

And did anyone else think that Karo shouldn't have won that fight? And that the Guida Diaz fight shouldn't have been a split decision?

37. Mike

February 8, 2009 at 1:20 pm

dwayne-dwayne dookie stain Says:

February 2nd, 2009 at 4:37 am

The next 3 ufcs ARE free :P

UFN 17 , UFC 95, and UFN 18

38. dwayne-dwayne dookie

February 8, 2009 at 3:05 pm

looks like mike u paid for the franklin vs hendo card and the GSP vs Penn tthis fights should have been on one card not trying to get your money just for a couple fighters and mike UFC ppv Fights cards not UFN 17,18 dont count that shit is just like the UF series. Thats alright mike they got you!

39. zak

February 8, 2009 at 3:56 pm

if you ask me just like how franklin and henderson shouldnt have been a main event ppv fight this upcomming fight with keith jardine and rampage shouldnt either,i mean dont get me wrong there both outstanding fighters but id much rather seen them as a co-main event at ufc 97

February 9, 2009 at 12:13 am

joe got alot better after he got cut open, he like like a crazy person once he saw his on blood then he stepped it up and got the arm