UFC 96 Video: Gray Maynard

Updated: February 24, 2009

Las Vegas MMA Fix get to talk with Xtreme Couture fighter Gray Maynard about his upcoming fight with Jim Miller (13-2) at UFC 96. Gray also talks about training with BJ Penn and talks about his relaxed personality and training.

February 24, 2009 at 4:27 am

I like gray a lot..

I thin gray should be fighting Sherk or Clay next..

Gray vs Miller its going to be a great fight..Miller is no Joke, he Took the Matt wiman fight on 2 weeks Notice and he just got back from a Hunny moon and he killed Matt but Gtay is not Matt but still Miller will have a full camp this time but still i think Gray might pull it off

2. kom34

February 24, 2009 at 4:08 pm

i like miller but at the same time i was hoping they would match up gray with a bigger name. i think he has deserved to step up to bigger names on the top of the ladder.

3. David

February 24, 2009 at 6:31 pm

I agree kom, after he took out edgar, i thought it was going to be big fights for him from then on but I guess he'll have to wait

4. Miko

February 25, 2009 at 10:53 am

So am I the only one who thinks gray's fights are boring as hell? Whenever I see his fights I just see a lot of squirming and lay n prey. Which sucks because he's so likable in interviews. I want to root for him but I don't even care.

5. dane drebin

February 25, 2009 at 11:49 am

I'm a gray maynard fan. i just dont think he's come into his own quite yet. he's got a lot of potential. in his first win in the ufc he showed he has knockout power by KOing joe veres. hes got excellent wreslting that id like to see how it fares against sherk. i just would like him to start throwing thows bricks he's got for hands more and stop relying on his wrestling.

6. Businessman

February 25, 2009 at 1:37 pm

Miko, I agree with you. He is a great wrestler but not so great at MMA. His fights are terribly boring. The only fight I saw him end was the one where he hurt the guy and then knocked himself out…so should we count that as two finishes? :) Anyway, he is great at wrestling and yes he has beat some good fighters but all he does is take you down and lay on you. I like fighters that finish or at least can mix up a good stand-up with a good ground game.