UFC 98 “Evans vs. Machida” Fight Poster

Updated: April 3, 2009
ufc-98-poster

ufc-98-poster

UFC light heavyweight champion Rashad Evans (13-0-1) will go head to head against undefeated Lyoto Michida (14-0) on May 23 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, NV.
This should be called UFC 98 “The Unbeaten”.

1. T.R.

April 3, 2009 at 7:21 am

This could be a very exciting technical fight or a very boring counter fight. I hope machida wins and has a long title run. The light heavys is a great division. How cool would it be if Anderson Silva fought Machida down the road in a champion vs champion super fight?

2. Ryan S

April 3, 2009 at 7:45 am

I don't think it will be a boring counter fight. Machida is a defensive fighter, but he does attack. If you watch the Ortiz fight, he does attack Tito, he just makes him come in first most times. I think Rashad will try to be the attacker in this fight. I think he will try to use speed to get in range.

3. Cobra Clutch

April 3, 2009 at 1:10 pm

I agree with you, Ryan, that Evans will push, and Machida will counter. It'll be an Evans victory if that happens and Machida can't land any really good blows or take-downs because Evans will be the aggressor in the match…and he's the champ. I firmly believe (although it seems MMA doesn't) that once you're champ, you have to BEAT the champ decisively, or by KO if you want to be champ. I think they automatically deserve the "tie-breaker" if it's close.

As for superfights, like T.R. wants to see…I never like to see them, because the heavier competitor usually has the advantage of two great fighters. My thoughts, my opinion. No one can be wrong in that, because it's all opinions.

4. T.R.

April 3, 2009 at 1:28 pm

I think they are great friends and stated they wouldn't fight each other anyway, Just wishful dreaming on my part. I do think the spider could hang at 205 though.

5. Ryan S

April 3, 2009 at 1:37 pm

Well I read Anderson walks around at about 205. He cuts mad weight for his fights.

April 3, 2009 at 10:28 pm

evans and matt huge all the way..

7. whodini

April 3, 2009 at 10:53 pm

i think Machida will pick him apart