UFC 99 “Comback” Rich Franklin vs. Wanderlei Silva Poster

Updated: May 13, 2009
ufc99-comeback-poster

ufc99-comeback-poster

UFC 99 “Comeback” on June 13 in Germany.

May 13, 2009 at 1:02 am

rich vs silva is going to be a great fight and i think its a 50/50..silva is good and the clinch and for sure has power and i dont think he will back down from rich…But rich is a better all around fighter better on the ground and has great foot work and now has been working with A Silva so i think rich should take this one

i hope herring beat cain..

2. DanP

May 13, 2009 at 1:13 am

Wandi will smash Rich… I like frankin, but wandi will be to strong and agressive! Franklin has been over rated for years due to a poor MW division (Until Anderson Silva turned up and shook things up)

And… as a side point IMO hendo clearly won their fight – it should not have been a split decision!

May 13, 2009 at 1:28 am

Naw dan didnt clearly win hius fight with rich.. Dan did dirty moves and on the feet rich was kicking his ass..

4. DanP

May 13, 2009 at 1:45 am

I have to disagree Tom,.. for starters there is NO way Hendo would eye poke Rich on purpose!.. I agree Franklin was winning the last round – but Dan dominated the first 2 rounds.

Please don't say Rich would have won if it had been a 5 round fight… cos it wasn't, and if it had been then Hendo would have trained for 5 rounds!

Wandi V Rich is an interesting one – I'm looking forward to it!

May 13, 2009 at 2:00 am

what about the head but Dan did to the top of the forhead, and dan poked him in the eye.. Thats 2 bad moves and could have cst rich the fight..

May 13, 2009 at 2:01 am

ALSO I DONT see Wandi be stronger then rich.. they will be about equal in that part

7. Ryan S

May 13, 2009 at 8:10 am

I actually like this card. I think Silva will bring the intensity, but he needs to be careful when he comes in. Franklin is going to have a visibly better clinch too, working with Anderson. I can't say who I want to win between those two because I really like them both. I don't see Herring beating Velasquez. Tom, I don't remember the head butt, but I really don't think the eye poke was intentional at all.

8. Jay

May 13, 2009 at 10:28 am

Silva's chin is done. Rich franklin is more Intelligent. Wanderali gets wrekless and careless. Rich in the 2nd round by tko

9. derek

May 13, 2009 at 2:52 pm

after rich wins who does he get next??? anyone???????

10. DanP

May 13, 2009 at 7:16 pm

If Rich wins… how about Jon Bones Jones or Vera?

May 14, 2009 at 12:09 am

jONES IS A BAD MATCH FOR MANY PPL and i think he will be a champ soon

May 14, 2009 at 12:10 am

hOW ABOUT Jones vs Matt hamil

Vera vs rich would be sick

13. DanP

May 14, 2009 at 12:52 am

Yeah,.. Jones is gonna cause a lot of people problems – I'd like to see him throw Hamil around!

205 is deep – there are loads of interesting match up's for Frankin there… what about Bonner, Thiago Silva, Cantwell or Brian Stann??

May 14, 2009 at 1:11 am

Rich would kill Brain stan and Cantwell… Rich vs Bonnar would be a badass fight or Cain ,

15. derek

May 14, 2009 at 4:30 am

yeah i'm thinking its vera also…just wanted to see what everyone thought

16. Nate Fury

May 14, 2009 at 4:36 am

Hamill will OWN Vera! Bones Jones, still needs to prove himself in my eyes. We will see what he does against Jake O'Brien.

May 14, 2009 at 5:31 am

I hope Matt kills Vera also but it will be a great fight..

Jones vs Obrain will be a tought fight, i mean Obrien beat HEATH herring..Has fought very great heavy weight talent like Andrei and Cain Val